Here now. Here are my experiences with characters so far:
- in line for Moana at 420, she came out at 545, done by 555
- in line for Cruella at 630, she came out at 7, done by 715.
- in line for Belle and Gaston at 735, they went on break and came back out at 8, done by 815
- in line for Lotso at 950, done at 1005
- in line for Goofy at 1015, done at 1025
- currently in line for the dwarves, got in line at 1030, just finished at 1056.

Hope this helps any future party goers!

Last edited:
I think we were about 15 groups back. They only met for 20 minutes before breaking for 20 minutes and we were in the second meeting time.

We saw Hocus pics, the fis the parade and the fireworks.
We got the poison apple, ghost horse/carriage, headless horseman and the skeletons magic shots, plus several other normal photo pass pics.

Had fun, going to sleep now!

@HillsboroHoppers you got in line at 4:10 and saw them at 5:45? How far back were you when you got in line?[/QUOTE]

Maybe I misunderstood
-I thought the OP was asking if you could upgrade the 1 day hopper ticket in the future (which could be worth like $180) toward a multi day ticket and you were saying yes they could

Yes, you can upgrade the ticket but Disney will charge you for the difference. They are not offering a non expiring Park Hopper like they did last year.

You would have had to have heard it. Castmember was very short with me, said they don't compensate if the parades happen. I said that the castmember we spoke with told us it wasn't happening, which is why we left the area. The problem wasn't whether or not they happened, the problem was that castmembers were giving out information that was completely false. He actually said he didn't care what the castmember told us. Exactly that. If I did that at my job, I wouldn't have a job anymore.

I probably would have waited longer, but, my 6 year old was soaked through and the line was outside. It wasn't worth her getting sick to probably get exactly the same answer I got on the phone. But, thanks for putting "too long" in quotes like that to trivialize my experience. May you experience the same magical castmember should you ever have a problem and then have someone snark at you about it online.. lol

@pjtoadie emailed them and received one day magic your way tickets.

I believe they responded within a few days.

UPDATE: See @pjtoadie reply below on Post #1578

Last edited:

- in line for Belle and Gaston at 735, they went on break and came back out at 8, done by 815
- currently in line for the dwarves, got in line at 1030, just finished at 1056.

I cannot begin to tell you how helpful this information is THANK YOU so very much! :thumbsup2
I will be posting wait times on the Character List page!

NEWS

Universal will close at 7PM tomorrow (Saturday) and remain closed through Monday.

This is great info, thank you!

How did the crowd feel last night, compared to other parties you've attended? I know the parks overall are pretty empty right now, just wondering if the party was too?

While I've considered doing those same first 3 steps, just wondering if I should be tweaking the timeline for heavier crowds. TIA!

UPDATE

I have added the "Hurricane Irma by Moderators" link at the very top page of the Main Post in RED. This is by far the best place to get up to date and most accurate information on the boards. It will be removed after the storm passes.

EDIT: Just in:
All Disney Parks, Disney Water Parks, Disney Springs and ESPN will be closed as of Sept. 9th at 9PM to Sept. 11th with the hope of reopening Tuesday Sept. 12th.

Last edited:
The crowds were definetly smaller then the party I attended last October. The lines for all the magic shots were long until around 1000, but were non-existent after 11. We were able to walk right up for the skeletons, poison apple, rapunzels lantern and the haunted mansion magic shots in the last hour. I think the first three steps will still be do able for another party, just go right from one to the next and maybe give yourself a few extra minutes for each.

The crowds were definetly smaller then the party I attended last October. The lines for all the magic shots were long until around 1000, but were non-existent after 11. We were able to walk right up for the skeletons, poison apple, rapunzels lantern and the haunted mansion magic shots in the last hour. I think the first three steps will still be do able for another party, just go right from one to the next and maybe give yourself a few extra minutes for each.

Thanks for the update! About how long did you stand in line for the Magic Shots? And do you remember where you had the Poison Apple shot taken?

Yes, you can upgrade the ticket but Disney will charge you for the difference. They are not offering a non expiring Park Hopper like they did last year.
If that's the case then that's a really good deal. The value of a 1 day hopper is something like $180 vs the party ticket which cost less than $80 for these early Sept parties.

@pjtoadie emailed them using the link below and received one day magic your way tickets.
guest.services@disneyworld.com

I believe they responded within a few days.

I actually emailed wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com but when I received my response it came from guest.services@disneyworld.com. I was told by multiple people to use the email address I used but I'm guessing either address will do...

I emailed them on Saturday night and I received a response yesterday morning. The first part of their response stated that all tickets are nonrefundable etc etc and that they were unable to provide the assistance I was requesting. I never asked for a refund btw.

Then it said that they were willing to make a one time exception and provide my family with 1-Day Magic Your Way Base Tickets. I then ended up calling the cast member back and she had to be one of the nicest "customer service" reps I have ever talked to! I honestly didn't think I would get anything because I waited until after the party but @FoxC63 posted on here a few times that Disney is very generous and not to give up.

Last edited:
I went to the party again last night and it was wonderful. So much better than Sept 1st. I am now paying the price parked at a rest area in Georgia. It took 7.5 hours vs the usual 2.5-3 to get to the Georgia line so resting here befor heading on home. Tired so can't be as specific on times but I did the dwarves sometime after the first parade and stood in line right under an hour. At 7 ,Queen of hearts was the best interaction I have ever had. They took a lot of time with each guest but I was near the front so not bad. There was no line at all at 6:50. Haunted mansion shots right after queen of hearts . 10 minutes per line. Went on the ride, straight to latern shot. 15 minute wait. No wait around ten for dancing skeleton magic shot . Forgot to mention right before fireworks and right after dwarves, not a single person in Minnie Mouse line. I heard warnings that Donald and daisy line was moving very slow and it had a long line. They were adorable though. Frontierland was a great spot for second parade and then walked on dwarves . Ended the night on Winnie the Pooh. Cast members seemed in good spirits and a whole different feel than Sept 1 party. There was also more photo pass people and cast members in general. or so it seemed to me. I learned staying off Main Street was the best decision . Unbelievable the difference in the two parties. I only hate to think how many people missed their party due to Irma .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter