Ok, I think I have at least a rough idea about my itinerary. Thursday Sept 7th party. It will just be me and my BFF, two 50 year old active women that are big Disney fans and have not had a good visit to WDW due to illness on previous attempts (once for her, twice for me, both ended up with kids in Celebration hospital) J&S are top meet, so I'm thinking get there at 4 and go get in line for J&S, one of us will hold our place while the other makes a food run and we will have dinner while we wait. Should be done with them by 530-6. Have a couple hours to ride rides and meet any characters with shorter lines, Magic shots and check out the special desserts and party merchandise, etc, then watch the first parade at 915. Move to a better viewing spot for the 1015 fireworks then back to rides/meets until just before midnight when we will return to the hub area to see the last Hocus Pocus show.

4- line up for Jack and Sally, dinner while waiting
6-830 Magic shots, rides, meets with short lines, etc
830ish find a spot for first Boo to You Parade
10 move to get better view of Hallowishes
1040-1145 Rides or Photos
Midnight Hocus Pocus

Sound do-able? Trick or treating doesnt appeal to either of us and rides are nice but we do have a week at the parks 9/6-9/13 and feel we will get plenty of rides and shows in during the week.

Thursday Sept 7th. It will just be me and my BFF, two 50 year old active women that are big Disney fans and have not had a good visit to WDW due to illness on previous attempts.

4:00-5:40 Jack and Sally - Lets say their meet starts at 5:20
--Tag Team: Get dinner while waiting
--Tag Team:
5:45-6:15 Rides: It's a Small World then Tea Cups - those will be walk on and you should have time to do both but keep your eye on the line for the following meet & greet below.
6:20-7:25 Meets: Alice & Mad Hatter or Queen of Hearts & Tweedles (this line grows and takes longer to meet).
---Tag Team: Shopping, Individual Magic Shots
7:25-8:30 Magic shots - together

I left this alone, not sure where you plan on being.
830ish find a spot for first Boo to You Parade
10 move to get better view of Hallowishes
1040-1145 Rides or Photos
Midnight Hocus Pocus

So, I've booked the Fireworks Dessert Party with Garden Plaza Viewing (Sept 12th- Fox is graciously analyzing my itinerary!). What I'm trying to figure out is if we can possibly do see the first parade as well. This would be a possible consideration if rain is in the forecast for later in the evening, as I wouldn't want to miss the 1st parade and then have the 2nd get cancelled.

Let me know if people think this is doable (we are only 2 adults, so no kids)
1) Arrive early to the dessert party; check-in is at 9:15, do people know what time they have been letting people into the terrace? Because we won't be staying there for fireworks, we don't need to worry about getting a front row table.
2) Grab one round of desserts and eat at the table.
3) Maybe grab some others that can be eaten to-go (rice krispie treats). When the parade starts arriving in the Hub, make our way out of the Tomorrowland Terrace and onto Main Street and attempt to see it, even though it'd be from the back of the crowds of people. People said it takes 20 minutes to reach Main Street-is that the far end, or any point?
4) Once parade is over, back into the Terrace to get more desserts.
5) Before fireworks, into the Garden Plaza for viewing. I don't expect many people at all in this area, as they only recently opened up the plaza option, so I think a lot of people who were interested booked the Terrace view. I think we can show up right before fireworks and still have an awesome view (even if its from the back of the plaza area).

Does this sound workable to anyone else? If it looks like clear skies, we may just hang in the dessert party the whole time, but it seems a bit long for eating a few desserts!

I don't understand, do you not have FP's on your party tickets?
4:30-6:00 any rides (whatever we can get FPs for)

No, we are using a regular PH ticket for that day and with all the issues surrounding FPs on party tickets I didn't want to bother. We'll just try to book some same days for stuff that sounds fun.

Two posts covered times for Donald & Daisy:
6:20- 7:10 Donald & Daisy Post 1186
7:15- 7:55 Donald & Daisy Post 1177

So it looks like maybe we can get in line closer to 6:20, then be done soon. I've seen a few posts say that Minnie's line was fairly long after the party started so we'll just have to see how it looks once we're done.

Zootopia Party Patrol
Location: Appear prior to each parade on Main Street ONLY. They come out from the alley onto Main Street so find a good spot!
This is on Post #3

Yes.

I thought it was down on to Main Street, was worried in case they changed on me...have to at least Judy walk past me :rotfl:

Ugh I woke up Monday and I couldn't move my left side - arm, neck and back. I went to small injuries unit and found out its soft tissue damage (Was only me and two other people in there, shortest wait ever). I'm doing much better but that was almost 3 days wasted.

I think the only back up costume I could come up with is Jungle Cruise Skipper I have shorts and a vest top and I might get a shirt that works to put over the vest top and then I'd just need to make up a name tag (not too realistic though) and maybe Woody but that one is going to cost me a bit more money.

For headwear I was thinking one of these:-

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/505199316/jungle-inspired-mouse-ears-moana?ref=hp_rv

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/386103576/jungle-river-cruise-mickey-ears?ref=shop_home_active_9 - thought this looked like a bit like I may have fallen in a bush but looks fun.

or I go for one of these hats but my head will get to hot I think.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Adults-Sa...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Need my clothes delivery to hurry up once I know what works I can change my plans. Would be good to loose the BOG reservation.

WARNING

@dolewhipdreams , @AngelDisney and @JenniferinFL

Although it's early, unfortunately weather forecast does not look good for your party night, 50% chance of thunderstorms & rain, so with this in mind please be sure to bring your party ticket or printed vouchers with you along with the payment method you used to purchase your party tickets. If worse comes to worse, Disney can help you either by exchanging to another party date or offer non expiring park hoppers or possibly a refund. If by chance you choose refund, it will go back to the same method of payment which you must have with you.

We'll keep our eyes on the forecast and pray the storm blows elsewhere. :flower3:
And don't forget to pack the rain gear!

Weather: https://weather.com/weather/today/l/Orlando+FL+USFL0372:1:US

Everyone's party plans are so expertly done that I wasn't sure I was up for trying to make one myself. But others have been getting such good advice that I decided to give it a shot. My party is this weekend so I understand if there's not time for you guys to help me improve it much by then. Ok, here goes:

Party date: Friday, September 1
Attendees: Me, DD (13), and DS (9)
Costumes: Me--Cheshire Cat, DD--Peter Pan, DS--Sorcerer's Apprentice Mickey (not really 'full-out" costumes, just scaled-back, comfy versions)
Party Day Plan:
10:00: Leave my house and pick kids up from their schools, drive to Orlando. Eat a light lunch in the car.
12:30 (at latest): Arrive at POR
1:30: Hopefully settle into our room and get ready for party. If room not ready get dressed in bathroom and leave bags.
2:30: Leave POR (this is when we plan to leave the room, so we have to walk to bus stop, wait for bus, and ride to MK--not really sure how long this will take)
3:15: Arrive at MK (this time could vary a lot based on above, hopefully this is the latest we'd arrive)
3:45-ish: Enter MK (if we have enough time, go through the bypass, if running behind, go straight down Main St.)
4:15: Ride BTMR (FP 3:15-4:15) This is why we need to hurry to get into the park--but no big deal if we miss it, really.
4:40: Eat dinner at CHH.
5:00: Go to Tomorrowland, ride SM (FP 4:25-5:25).
5:30: Ride Buzz Lightyear (FP 5:30-6:30)
5:50-6:50: Pick up wristbands and ToT bags, ride rides, check out party merchandise, etc.
6:55: Be by river in Frontierland for party kick-off.
7:10: Haunted Mansion, Madame Carlotta, photos
7:50: Sleepy Hollow for treats (DD waits in line for pumpkin waffles and Jack Skellington pop, DS gets us a table, I run over to Pecos Bill's for worms & dirt)
8:15-8:50: Play by ear (rides, ToT, photopass)
8:50: See Cadaver Dans in Frontierland
9:00: Frontierland for parade (we don't care much about a good spot, but we want to see the Headless Horseman)
9:30-10:15: Fantasyland (rides, photopasses, ToT, go by Gaston's for pumpkin cheesecake and Storybook Treats for Haunted Mansion dessert)
10:15-10:30: Watch fireworks from behind castle while eating treats
10:30-12:00: ToT, rides, photos, buy t-shirts/other merch (maybe make the circuit around the park)
12:00: Hocus Pocus

Note: We are very fast walkers. The part I'm most concerned about is what time we should leave POR. I want to get to MK in time to get right in when they open to party guests, but I don't want to stand waiting in the sun (or rain!) for an hour either. But so much depends on how long it takes us to get to the bus stop and on a bus at POR. I would just drive to MK, but...I don't want to. :P

WARNING

Although it's early, unfortunately weather forecast does not look good for your party night, 50% chance of thunderstorms & rain, so with this in mind please be sure to bring your party ticket or printed vouchers with you along with the payment method you used to purchase your party tickets. If worse comes to worse, Disney can help you either by exchanging to another party date or offer non expiring park hoppers or possibly a refund. If by chance you choose refund, it will go back to the same method of payment which you must have with you.

We'll keep our eyes on the forecast and pray the storm blows elsewhere. :flower3:

Do they ever cancel the whole party? Just wondering since you are talking about moving to another party date or refunds. If they cancel the party, is MK open like a regular park day?

Parade took 20 minutes to get to Main Street. The headless horseman was awesome. The Zootopia party patrol thing was lame. They only stayed on one small portion of Main Street. We stayed by Casey's Corner the whole time and it wa perfect for the parade and fireworks.

Mh and my DD just waited 20 min for Peter Pan and 0 min for Small world. I went to check out Belle and Gaston and they are at 45-am hour so I skipped. In line for Jafar now.

I'm glad to hear Casey's Corner was a great place for the parade and fireworks! That is where I am hoping to watch from as well so we can sneak right out to Adventureland after Hallowishes to start our ToT trail through Adventureland, Liberty Square, and part of Fantasyland before circling back for HP at midnight (or if we don't want to do HP, just keep going through Fantasyland and Tomorrowland to ToT).

Last question - do we know when/if the M&G line for Moana was ever cut or if her wait decreased later in the evening or just stayed at 2 hours?

DH and I have 9/10 party tickets (Costumes- keeping it simple! I'm wearing a Darth Vader dress I found online, and DH is wearing a Luke Skywalker T-shirt), this is our arrival day at WDW, so this might be interesting.. (both first timers!)

I’m thinking we probably won’t get checked into CBR until about 4pm, so assuming we can drop off luggage and head right over to MK, we can get there around 5:30-ish. We are pretty flexible though, no plans for M&Gs which helps.

~5:30- Arrive at MK, probably find something to eat somewhere right away (maybe somewhere that has regular food as well as specialty treats? Suggestions?) and check out merch

~7:00-9:45 Rides*/ToT (ToT is not that important, but maybe hit a spot or two to bring home to the kids and say that we did it)

9:45-10:15- Find a spot for Hallowishes

10:15-10:30- Hallowishes

10:30-11:15- Find a spot for BTY Parade—Maybe catch Cadaver Dans at 10:50?

11:15-11:30- BtY Parade

11:30-12am- Head to Hocus Pocus to wrap up the night.

*would at least like to hit Haunted Mansion, and a few other rides-- we are doing MK the following day (9/11) as well-- so suggestions on what rides would be best to hit during the party? We have 9/11 FPs for Big Thunder Mtn, Pirates of The Caribbean, & Space Mtn

am I leaving enough time between? I didn't want to plan too much for the beginning of the night, just in case we don't get in right away. Accepting any and all suggestions for 2 adults with no kids!

DH and I have 9/10 party tickets
Your plan is a bit tricky due to possible flight delay and when the Magic Express bus will get you in on time through rush hour traffic. So, let's just stick with this...

~5:30- Arrive at MK/Get Party Wristband at bypass - you might want to spend time there.
5:45-6:30 Dining Check: [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/mnsshp-2017-my-party-plan-strategy-in-the-making.3604086/#post-57587119"]Post #5[/URL]
It lists Quick Serve restaurants that have some of the Specialty Treats and don't forget some of these locations offer online ordering.
6:30-7:45 Ride
7:50-8:20 Cadaver Dans
8:20-9:10 _______________ Fill in
9:15-9:40 ToT - Catch the Bonus Locations printable pdf can be found on: [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/mnsshp-2017-my-party-plan-strategy-in-the-making.3604086/#post-57587125"]Post #7[/URL]
Look for Tink :tinker:

9:45-10:30 10:15pm Hallowishes Location? Casey's Corner is perfect.
10:30-11:55 11:15pm BTY Parade
---Tag Team: DH pick up Sorcerer of the Magic Kingdom Card
---Tag Team: DM pick up Sorcerer of the Magic Kingdom Card
11:55-12:20 12pm Hocus Pocus

Last question - do we know when/if the M&G line for Moana was ever cut or if her wait decreased later in the evening or just stayed at 2 hours?

I didn't hear anything like this at all. It was rumored for the first party but I'm not sure if it came to fruition. No word on the second party either but now that Disney has extended her time I don't think there should be a problem.

Everyone's party plans are so expertly done that I wasn't sure I was up for trying to make one myself. But others have been getting such good advice that I decided to give it a shot. My party is this weekend so I understand if there's not time for you guys to help me improve it much by then. Ok, here goes:

Costumes: Me--Cheshire Cat, DD--Peter Pan, DS--Sorcerer's Apprentice Mickey (not really 'full-out" costumes, just scaled-back, comfy versions)
Party Day Plan:
10:00: Leave my house and pick kids up from their schools, drive to Orlando. Eat a light lunch in the car.
1:30: Hopefully settle into our room and get ready for party. If room not ready get dressed in bathroom and leave bags.
2:30: Leave POR (this is when we plan to leave the room, so we have to walk to bus stop, wait for bus, and ride to MK--not really sure how long this will take)
3:15: Arrive at MK (this time could vary a lot based on above, hopefully this is the latest we'd arrive)
3:45-ish: Enter MK (if we have enough time, go through the bypass, if running behind, go straight down Main St.)
4:15: Ride BTMR (FP 3:15-4:15) This is why we need to hurry to get into the park--but no big deal if we miss it, really.
4:40: Eat dinner at CHH.
5:00: Go to Tomorrowland, ride SM (FP 4:25-5:25).
5:30: Ride Buzz Lightyear (FP 5:30-6:30)
5:50-6:50: Pick up wristbands and ToT bags, ride rides, check out party merchandise, etc.
6:55: Be by river in Frontierland for party kick-off.
7:10: Haunted Mansion, Madame Carlotta, photos
7:50: Sleepy Hollow for treats (DD waits in line for pumpkin waffles and Jack Skellington pop, DS gets us a table, I run over to Pecos Bill's for worms & dirt)
8:15-8:50: Play by ear (rides, ToT, photopass)
8:50: See Cadaver Dans in Frontierland
9:00: Frontierland for parade (we don't care much about a good spot, but we want to see the Headless Horseman)
9:30-10:15: Fantasyland (rides, photopasses, ToT, go by Gaston's for pumpkin cheesecake and Storybook Treats for Haunted Mansion dessert)
10:15-10:30: Watch fireworks from behind castle while eating treats
10:30-12:00: ToT, rides, photos, buy t-shirts/other merch (maybe make the circuit around the park)
12:00: Hocus Pocus

Note: We are very fast walkers. The part I'm most concerned about is what time we should leave POR. I want to get to MK in time to get right in when they open to party guests, but I don't want to stand waiting in the sun (or rain!) for an hour either. But so much depends on how long it takes us to get to the bus stop and on a bus at POR. I would just drive to MK, but...I don't want to. :P

Party Day Plan:
2:30: Leave POR (this is when we plan to leave the room, so we have to walk to bus stop, wait for bus, and ride to MK--not really sure how long this will take) Keep this as is do not change it.
3:15: Arrive at MK
3:45-ish: Enter MK Go thru bypass but skip the extras that are offered there or better yet drop the FP I would. You will get the wristbands here.
Really you don't want to do one meet & greet? Your kids could go on rides and you can keep your eye on them at the Tea Cups. Think about it and post me a note. I've added your itinerary to the Main Post! Also hook up with people for the One day Memory Maker which was discussed on the Official Thread.

WARNING

Yup, I already have the printed vouchers in a Ziploc bag and the ponchos packed.. lol Makes me happy I didn't really pack our itinerary full. If we can see Jack and Sally and one of the parades it won't feel like a complete waste.

Do they ever cancel the whole party? Just wondering since you are talking about moving to another party date or refunds. If they cancel the party, is MK open like a regular park day?

They just about never cancel the whole party. Disney pretty much only closes down for hurricanes and just 4 times for weather since they opened. They aren't going to cancel, they're going to hope people come anyway and don't complain despite the diminished value. I think that next year, since we're not too far away anyways, that we will just buy tickets the day of the party to avoid being stuck going on a rainy day.

They did during the hurricane, and there was a party last year where it stormed the entire party that they did give tickets to another party during or i think some people fought for a refund. One thing I've learnt years of going to disney is that there really is not a consistent reaction they have to situations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter