OK, working on an itinerary! This post is so helpful! :) Thank you!

Does anyone know where in Fantasyland Goofy is meeting? He's the only character we really want to see, because ODS is dressing as him.

I like your morning plan of getting into MK at 9 - smart move!
10:00-11:00 ???? - Since you'll be in that area get a magic shot, look for hidden Pascals - there are ten of them, go window shopping, take in a show lots of options.
4:30-4:45 Pickup MNSSHP Wristbands (put in the location)
4:45- 5:15 QS Dinner
5:15-6:45 BBB
---Tag Team: Have DH get in Moana's line at least by 5:30, once you get there he can take off for a while.
6:45-7:45 Moana M&G
It all looks good from here!

The other option that I haven't planned out yet, would be to try to move our 4 FP to 12-4:00 and not arrive at MK until noon. Would that be better? It would be 12 hours straight in the park. No. Do not do this. Waaay too much stimulation for DD.

Well, I got all excited about my new plan and all of my FP were moved to the afternoon earlier today. :guilty: I posted a question on KTP's private Facebook group to get some opinions, but of course my main reason is to have at least one day where we can sleep in for a while. I know Disney is unlike anything else, so maybe I'm going to regret this, but DD is pretty good at hanging until late in the evening. Sigh, it's so hard to figure out. I know ultimately I have to do what is best for our group, so we'll see. But I know I'm probably going to be stuck with these FP times after the people get their's that are 30 days out from my date.

OK, still not positive about Goofy, but I'm guessing back by the Barnstormer, etc., so here goes the first attempt.

We're spending the earlier part of the day at Epcot and then going back to the hotel for a break and to get changed.

4 p.m.--Enter MK, get wristbands, etc.

Get some pics of all of us on Main Street. :)

5 p.m. Dinner at Columbia Harbor House.

6 p.m. Haunted Mansion! (Hopefully FP. We'll see.)

Head over to see Goofy right at about 7 p.m., before ODS has enough of his Goofy hat. :)

Hit some trick or treat trails on our way to the dance party (also something ODS--special needs--will love)

While he's enjoying himself at the dance party (with grandparents and/or DH in attendance), YDS and I will try to hit Space Mountain and Buzz.

By about 8:15, we'll try to stake out a good parade spot, with some of us making forays to get special party snacks for the others. (And maybe more trick or treat.)

Parade, followed by fireworks.

Then some of the group might leave. YDS and I will probably stay and hit more rides and more trick or treat. :D

Thoughts? It doesn't seem like I have a lot in there, but it already seems like it might be close in some places.

Does the Rapunzel lantern prop count as a magic shot? It's not on the party lists but I'm still hoping we can do it on our party night. Our only other MK day is a party day so we'll be out before sunset...

Last edited:

We are headed to the party tomorrow. I'm nervous. Everything else this trip has been planned and planned and planned.

I think I'm going to get in line as early as humanly possible for Moana and then I just want to see the parade and fireworks. Do you have to have a wristband on to get in line? Or only when you get up to the character?

Does the Rapunzel lantern prop count as a magic shot? It's not on the party lists but I'm still hoping we can do it on our party night. Our only other MK day is a party day so we'll be out before sunset...
Kenny the Pirate said they were doing the rapunzel lantern shot during the first party.

We are headed to the party tomorrow. I'm nervous. Everything else this trip has been planned and planned and planned.

I think I'm going to get in line as early as humanly possible for Moana and then I just want to see the parade and fireworks. Do you have to have a wristband on to get in line? Or only when you get up to the character?
You get a wristband when you enter MK for the party or when you go to the locations to check in if you are already in MK with a day ticket. They simply indicate to cast members you have a party ticket for that day. There are no separate wristbands for the characters they just check to make sure anyone in line for the characters has a wristband (i.e. Has a party ticket).

OK, working on an itinerary! This post is so helpful! :) Thank you!

Does anyone know where in Fantasyland Goofy is meeting? He's the only character we really want to see, because ODS is dressing as him.
In the past he has met by barnstormer-didn't hear anything about his location moving this year just his costume.

He said it was shorter than it usually is ironically

I know a lot of people approach the party as time to do unique things they can't do on a regular night, but this is our first and probably only trip and certainly our only MK at night opportunity so this is great for me!

Oh I love sharing! Please give tips and pointers if I made a "boo-boo"

Date: Sunday, October 1st

3 :30-Arrive at MK from Poly/Enter MK
4:00-4:30 Haunted Mansion FP (3:25-4:25)
4:30-5:20 7DMT FP (4:25-5:25), Under the Sea, Winnie the Pooh
5:25-6:00 Dinner at Casey's Corner
6:00-6:30 Rapunzel/Tiana FP (5:30-6:30)
6:30-7:00 Line up for Cruella de Vil
7:00-8:15 Meet Cruella, Lotso, and Ariel & Eric
8:15-8:30 Buy pins/trick or treat in Storybook Circus area
8:30-9:30 Flex time to meet Jafar and/or ride a couple of quick rides
9:30-10:30 Hallowishes (10:15)
10:30-11:30 Boo to You Parade (11:15)
11:30-12:30 Hocus Pocus Spelltacular (12:00)
12:30-hopefully catch kiss goodnight (can anyone confirm it happens on MNSSHP nights?)

One more month!!!

Last edited:
My party plans involve my husband and my then 3 year old. Tagging along for the dinner, parade, and show portions will be 2 friends and their 3 year old and another friend with her 4 year old. We're going on Friday, October 20th. Something to note, my husband and I work third shift, so my son goes to the baby-sitter at 10:30. He will have no problem staying up for the entire party. My friends are hoping their boys will sleep in their strollers.

3:30 arrive at Magic Kingdom
Hopefully be inside by 3:50 and take pictures in front of castle
4:15-4:35 Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin (fast pass from 3:30-4:30)
4:45-5 Meet Mickey Mouse (fast pass from 4:30-5:30)
5-5:30 go into access path thing for trick or treating and special pictures with signs? I'm not exactly sure what I'm talking about here. It's a backstage area?
5:40-6 Seven Dwarves Mine Train (fast pass from 5:30-6:30)
6-6:45 stay in Fantasy Land and hopefully ride things with shorter waits with an emphasis on Dumbo and the Barnstormer
7-8:30 dinner at Be Our Guest I know this is a waste of party time, but it's the only time we could get a reservation. Our plan is to look at the menu while we're waiting to check in so we can order everything with our drinks when we first sit down.
8-8:30 I am really hoping to be done with dinner by 8. If so, we'll use this half hour to ride the Haunted Mansion.
8:30-9:40 Boo to You parade We're planning to go to Main Street right after dinner to stake out a spot. Between the 5 adults, we're planning to hold our spot while taking the kids to trick or treat, get snacks, and shop in the Emporium
9:45-10:35 Hallowishes I figure adults can again take turns saving our spots while the other adults can take the kids to do things like trick or treat or ride rides. Is there any reason we couldn't stay in our parade spots and just turn to watch the fireworks?
10:45-11:35 Meet Lotso, I'm hoping some adults can wait in line while the other adults take any awake kids to the Monsters Inc Dance Party
11:40-12:20 Hocus Pocus stage show Again, some adults will save spots while others shop or trick or treat.

Lotso is the only must do character on my list. I definitely want to see the parade, the fireworks, Hocus Pocus show, and go to the dance party. Trick or treating is the least important. We'll trick or treat for real when we get home and if he doesn't get enough candy there, I can buy it for a lot cheaper than wasting party time on it. Does this itenerary look do-able? Thanks for looking at it for me! This is our first hard ticket event! I'm so excited, but I know everyone is looking to me for advice and it's stressing me out a bit.

We were away on Disney Fantasy for a week and missed out on all the wonderful happenings and long wait in lines for the first party. DD20 is excited to meet Moana. We are not meeting the Dwarves. We will meet Moana TONIGHT and Jack/Sally on Friday. We are getting in line around 4 for sure. Hope the weather cooperates! DD got a mosquito bite and is having seriously allergic reaction. It's getting into a bigger and bigger blister by days. It was half a ping pong ball last time. The pain really affects her mobility and the rain only would make it worse. I will report back my character wait times. Not a big fan of merchandise but would love to get a party trading pin since I have been getting a trading pin each time I visit WDW.

Have a wonderful day!

What do they cancel when it rains bedsides outdoor characters? Will they still have trick-or-treating and fireworks?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter