The prop shots look so cute! I hope the other locations are confirmed at these first few parties.

The locations are listed on WDW website and on the Magic Shot thread. The other photos like the Hitch Hiking Ghost and Poison Apple from 2016 are the only things in question. Are they going to be available and if so where. :-)

I had a lot of trouble finding a photographer to do the poison apple shot at MNSSHP last year. I was told they only did them on mainstreet and only a photographer without a tripod could take that shot. I asked every photographer without a tripod but kept being told they hadn't been trained to take that shot. Finally I found one right before we left.

I had a lot of trouble finding a photographer to do the poison apple shot at MNSSHP last year. I was told they only did them on mainstreet and only a photographer without a tripod could take that shot. I asked every photographer without a tripod but kept being told they hadn't been trained to take that shot. Finally I found one right before we left.

Thanks for this! Most guests including DISers do not realize that photographers must be trained to take Magic Shots. These trained photographers not only have to take courses but it also increases their pay.

Nov. 1st Party. 3 adults , 2 kids - DD9 & DS5. Staying at the Poly.

That morning MK has EMH hour so we plan to go to MK from about 8-11am. Back to resort for lunch/a little swimming/rest.

Main priorities...
  • For the kids, #1 is trick or treating. We don't do a lot for Halloween at home, so this is a big deal to them.
  • Hallowishes and Parade (while we REALLY want to see the parade. However, we do not have to be front row on Main Street...we value our time over a perfect view)
  • Haunted Mansion & Madame Carlotta/Lady Renata (we all really enjoyed whichever one we saw last year!)
  • Meet Jack Sparrow
So last year we planned on doing 2nd Parade (but we didn't make it, some of us were sick and DS and niece fell asleep). I'm nervous to commit to the 2nd again, it's top priority. So We did make it through last's years Christmas Party with no issues but just in case, I've made 2 plans. Will most likely decide that day or even during early part of party once I see what DS5s energy is like.

PLAN #1 - 1st Parade

3pm - Leave Poly for MK
3:45-4p - Enter via Bypass/Wristbands
4-4:20p - Talking Mickey (FP 3:50-4:50)
4:20-4:35p
- Sorcerer's card & bathroom break
4:55-5:15p - 7DMT (FP 5-6pm)
5:25-until - Dinner at Pecos Bill (may pre-order, but we have AP's and think they have discount)
6pm - 1 adult will leave for Jack Sparrow line (is this a good time if we want to be towards the front for his 1st set?) MIL and other adult will finish with kids eating/bathrooms then join line
7:00-7:30p - Jack is out/hopefully meet by 7:30pm
7:30-7:50p - ToT: Pirates | Tiki Room | Jungle Cruise
If we're further back in line for Jack, can let kids TOT while one of us waits
7:55-8:10p - Magic Shot: Hitchhiking ghosts (pirates adventure)
8:15-8:25p - ToT: Splash | Landing
8:25-8:45p - Ride BTMRR
8:50pm - Find spot in FL for Parade (doesn't have to be best spot)
Hopefully spot Cadaver Dans for their 8:50p set watch/listen while waiting
9:05 - 9:45p - BOO TO YOU PARADE
9:45-9:55p - ToT: Liberty Sq. Riverboat (if time)
10pm - Find spot for Hallowishes
10:15-10:30p - HALLOWISHES
10:45-11:30p - Haunted Mansion
Carlotta/Ranotta
Magic Shots: Lantern/Hitchhiking Ghosts
May skip Magic shots depending on lines
11:35-11:45p - Flex, some options: TOT Philarmagic | Philarmagic
Back to Pete's for ToT
Or maybe over to Dance Party, whatever everyone wants to do
Main street Magic Shots
Jack & Sally line, but would prob miss HP show (up to kids)
Midnight - HOCUS POCUS SHOW
Magic shots on way out if still doing

PLAN #2 - 2nd Parade
same until finding spot for 1st parade, so after BTMRR (and ToT over there)...
8:50-8:55p ToT: Liberty Sq. Riverboat
9-9:40p - Haunted Mansion
Carlotta/Ranotta
Magic Shots: Lantern/Hitchhiking Ghosts
May skip Magic shots depending on lines
9:45-9:55p - ToT: Philarmagic | Philarmagic
10pm - Find spot for Hallowishes (on Tomorrowland side)
10:15-10:30p - HALLOWISHES
10:35-10:55p - ToT: Stitch | CoP | Space Mtn
Dance party for a few? Maybe less ToT
10:55-11p - Find spot for Parade on main st.
11:05-11:40 - BOO TO YOU PARADE
11:45p - Flex, some option: Check out J&S line - find out when they cut off?
Magic Shots on Main St.
If we're well rested, may move Talking Mickey FP to something else & do at this time so he'll be in Party attire
Midnight - HOCUS POCUS SHOW
Magic shots on way out if still doing

Last edited:

Could someone give me some tips...This will be our first MNSSHP! We have a group of 12!
Priority is Jack Sparrow!
But would love to see Genie and Abu- (Is it possible to see both with Genie being with Jasmine and Abu with Aladdin or would we have to go through 2 lines) Maybe Jafar, Cruella, and Lotso...
Would love so see the 7 dwarfs but aren't sure it is worth the wait....

We are using party tickets only that day with FP for Space Mountain 4-5 and Enchanted Tales with Belle 5-6.
We plan to stick it out and be there til midnight, and want to see the fireworks and parade (but either one will work)

So
4:15 FP Space Mtn
maybe ride Buzz Lightyear or head over and meet Gaston
FP for Enchanted Tales with Belle (we have 1 little Belle in our group!)
Catch QS on way to line up for Jack Sparrow by 6:30 ---IS THIS TOO LATE TO BE IN LINE FOR HIM???
6:30-7:30 Jack Sparrow (Is this long enough)

And how to plan the rest of the night...
hit Aladdin characters next, then try for cruella and lotso before fireworks and second parade? I don't know, party planning is more confusing than park planning!

Genie and Jasmine/Aladdin and Abu both meet in the same spot and just switch out. You would have to wait in line twice and time it to make sure you meet the pair you want to meet at each given time.

I think Gaston's last meet is at 4, so I don't think you'll be able to meet him after your Space Mountain FP.

Genie and Jasmine/Aladdin and Abu both meet in the same spot and just switch out. You would have to wait in line twice and time it to make sure you meet the pair you want to meet at each given time.

I think Gaston's last meet is at 4, so I don't think you'll be able to meet him after your Space Mountain FP.

Thanks...We will have to plan Gaston for a regular day in MK! And I'll talk to the kids about the Aladdin characters and see how we want to handle that!!

Thanks...We will have to plan Gaston for a regular day in MK! And I'll talk to the kids about the Aladdin characters and see how we want to handle that!!

Did you print out a copy of the Character List & Trick or Treat Locations?

Last year Gaston did meet during the party with Belle, but I know the lines were very long for them.

NEWS

Hitch Hiking Ghost Magic Shot is available now. It appears to be an everyday photo at the Magic Kingdom rather than a specific MNSSHP magic shot and taken during the day. It can be viewed [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/magic-shots-current-listings.3619546/#post-57930856"]here[/URL].

California Grill at the Contemporary has extended "Celebration at the Top" thru Dec 24 on select nights.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/contemporary-resort/celebration-at-the-top/

Force Friday II, a global fan event to celebrate the launch of toys, books, collectibles and other merchandise themed to the upcoming Star Wars: The Last Jedi.
At WDW, registration at Disney Springs will be outside World of Disney beginning August 31st at 6:00pm (Eastern). Guests will receive a numbered wristband and be instructed to return to World of Disney by 11:30pm. Force Friday II guests at Walt Disney World should use the Lime Parking Garage. Doors on both coasts will open September 1st at 12:01am!
http://wdwnt.com/blog/2017/08/star-wars-force-friday-ii-coming-disney-parks-september-1st/

Animal Kingdom - Cubs have been born! :hug:

NEWS

Hitch Hiking Ghost Magic Shot is available now. It appears to be an everyday photo at the Magic Kingdom rather than a specific MNSSHP magic shot and taken during the day. It can be viewed here.

California Grill at the Contemporary has extended "Celebration at the Top" thru Dec 24 on select nights.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/contemporary-resort/celebration-at-the-top/

Force Friday II, a global fan event to celebrate the launch of toys, books, collectibles and other merchandise themed to the upcoming Star Wars: The Last Jedi.
At WDW, registration at Disney Springs will be outside World of Disney beginning August 31st at 6:00pm (Eastern). Guests will receive a numbered wristband and be instructed to return to World of Disney by 11:30pm. Force Friday II guests at Walt Disney World should use the Lime Parking Garage. Doors on both coasts will open September 1st at 12:01am!
http://wdwnt.com/blog/2017/08/star-wars-force-friday-ii-coming-disney-parks-september-1st/

Animal Kingdom - Cubs have been born! :hug:

The cubs are so cute I wish they were a little older already so I could see them exploring the enclosure. :lovestruc

Does anyone know where the pins will be sold? Will it be all the locations where MNSSHP merchandise is sold or just the pin traders in Adventureland? Also, will the party-only merchandise be out at 4 or only out at 7? I'm trying to work souvenir shopping into a very tight party plan strategy!

I guess I also have a question about the party-only snacks. Will the Jack dessert be available before 4 or only after 7? I'm headed to the party in just over a month and cannot wait!!!

Does anyone know where the pins will be sold? Will it be all the locations where MNSSHP merchandise is sold or just the pin traders in Adventureland? Also, will the party-only merchandise be out at 4 or only out at 7? I'm trying to work souvenir shopping into a very tight party plan strategy!

I guess I also have a question about the party-only snacks. Will the Jack dessert be available before 4 or only after 7? I'm headed to the party in just over a month and cannot wait!!!
Party exclusive desserts are only available during the party. There are other Halloween treats that are sold all day, though.

All information is posted on the first post.
Emporium, Main Street, U.S.A. - Apparel and MagicBands
Mickey’s Star Traders, Tomorrowland - Apparel
Box Office Gifts, Main Street U.S.A. - MagicBand

Big Top Souvenirs, Fantasyland’s Storybook Circus - Pins, Apparel, Ornaments

Which one are you going to get?

Edit: I need to slow down. Merchandise not really 100% positive if 'sold' at 4pm. If anyone can chime in with their experience 2016, please. And some of these questions will be "hopefully" answered tomorrow. New year - different experience.

All information is posted on the first post.
Emporium, Main Street, U.S.A. - Apparel and MagicBands
Mickey’s Star Traders, Tomorrowland - Apparel
Box Office Gifts, Main Street U.S.A. - MagicBand

Big Top Souvenirs, Fantasyland’s Storybook Circus - Pins, Apparel, Ornaments

Which one are you going to get?

Edit: I need to slow down. Merchandise not really 100% positive if 'sold' at 4pm. If anyone can chime in with their experience 2016, please.

We plan on getting some party-specific pins...I want the Maleficent one and/or the Sanderson sisters. I'm definitely getting the ornament. I'd like to see the Sanderson ornament to decide. And we will probably get shirts. So basically everything??? :)

I assume the Frontier Trading Post will have the pins? Looks like the Emporium and Big Top Souvenirs will be my best bets!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter