MK Rope Drop and Starbucks

Candycane83

DIS Veteran
Quick question... Is Main Street bakery open before rope drop? Does it have a huge line then? I want my tea in the morning but am debating if I should just get it at the resort instead and bring it with me. :)

Yes, it opens when they open up Main Street. There's always been a big line no matter what time of day that I've been in there but it does move steadily.

Main Street bakery opens when they open up Main Street for guests at rope drop. There's basically always a line, though it is shorter if you arrive in that first burst of folks through the gate. However, how much are you trying to accomplish at rope drop? I just ask b/c time spent in that line at Starbucks will place you further back in the crowds which immediately start lining up at the "spokes" of the hub. If you can schedule enough time to grab tea at your resort, that is probably the better option if you want to fully take advantage of the rope drop time period for attractions.

Main Street bakery opens when they open up Main Street for guests at rope drop. There's basically always a line, though it is shorter if you arrive in that first burst of folks through the gate. However, how much are you trying to accomplish at rope drop? I just ask b/c time spent in that line at Starbucks will place you further back in the crowds which immediately start lining up at the "spokes" of the hub. If you can schedule enough time to grab tea at your resort, that is probably the better option if you want to fully take advantage of the rope drop time period for attractions.
Really just looking to do a few non headliner rides in fantasyland so i’m not too concerned about being at the back of the pack :)

We always get coffee and breakfast at the resort before getting on the bus/boat/monorail. The lines at Starbucks are long, and though it might move quickly, anything to make RD easier and less stressful is always welcome.

YMMV but we had a great Starbucks experience on 5/27. Park opened at 9am, we were walking under the train station at 7:55am per my photo time stamps. Went straight to Starbucks and there was no line at all. Had our coffee and breakfast sandwiches in no time, grabbed a table outside of the Plaza restaurant to munch and relax for a bit. Took a Main Street vehicle ride at 8:27am. Let the kids run around one of the plaza garden grassy areas 8:36am until the opening show at 8:55am. Rope dropped HM.

A perfect MK rope drop day (in my opinion).

That Starbucks line does build though - we hit it plenty early, which is generally your best bet to avoid the lines being too long.

I've yet to go to Starbucks at Disney without an insanely long line no matter the time of day. If you're not trying to get on a ride right away you could go there first, but I feel like if you're arriving early for RD you should do at least one ride before going there. Maybe check and see how long the line is and decide then? It does move quickly, but it'll set you back probably a half hour if the line is long.

Yes it's open. Yes there's a line. Depending on what you order it may or may not be quick.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter