• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hey guys! I'm actually waiting on these as well for our Disneymoon in September. Quick question...we have CRT at 5:55 and it looks like check-in starts for this around 7 since fireworks are schedule for 8 this night. If we arrive at 7:30 or so will this be a problem? If we do Garden rather than the Terrace how long are desserts served? I don't want to miss the dessert completely! TIA!

Lynn

Hey guys! I'm actually waiting on these as well for our Disneymoon in September. Quick question...we have CRT at 5:55 and it looks like check-in starts for this around 7 since fireworks are schedule for 8 this night. If we arrive at 7:30 or so will this be a problem? If we do Garden rather than the Terrace how long are desserts served? I don't want to miss the dessert completely! TIA!

Lynn
You can arrive late, but CRT can take a while and also you probably will be very full. Personally I'd move my CRT dinner to an earlier time or do a lighter dinner if I was doing the dessert party.

You can arrive late, but CRT can take a while and also you probably will be very full. Personally I'd move my CRT dinner to an earlier time or do a lighter dinner if I was doing the dessert party.

Thank you so much! I actually just called and moved it to 5:30 to give us a little extra time. We will probably skip dessert at CRT b/c of the dessert party. I was going to try for another night but it's not going to work out b/c of our schedule and our stay is falling in the middle of MNSSHP. So 2 nights of our stay there are no CRT ressies or dessert ressies so we kind of have to do both at the same time. Bummer right?

Thank you so much! I actually just called and moved it to 5:30 to give us a little extra time. We will probably skip dessert at CRT b/c of the dessert party. I was going to try for another night but it's not going to work out b/c of our schedule and our stay is falling in the middle of MNSSHP. So 2 nights of our stay there are no CRT ressies or dessert ressies so we kind of have to do both at the same time. Bummer right?
A dessert party is never a bummer! We did the 3/11 party after a be our guest dinner yeah I had my cupcake in the castle and picked at a few sweets at the party but the view and the lack of wasting time securing a spot makes the dessert party worth the money.

A dessert party is never a bummer! We did the 3/11 party after a be our guest dinner yeah I had my cupcake in the castle and picked at a few sweets at the party but the view and the lack of wasting time securing a spot makes the dessert party worth the money.

That's my thought too, the convenience. I've heard about the pros and cons of the Garden vs the Terrace and not sure which one to do. I heard the view in the Garden is better b/c it more centered but the ability to sit down and relax is appealing. Also, I'm worried how well I would be able to see in the Garden. I am only 5 foot and always end up being unable to see b/c of the crowds!

That's my thought too, the convenience. I've heard about the pros and cons of the Garden vs the Terrace and not sure which one to do. I heard the view in the Garden is better b/c it more centered but the ability to sit down and relax is appealing. Also, I'm worried how well I would be able to see in the Garden. I am only 5 foot and always end up being unable to see b/c of the crowds!
On my night it was very weird. Left 1/2 stood and right 1/2 sat in the garden??? I stood in front of some topiary in the center so I know I wasn’t blocking anyone. When the show was about to start, some folks did more to the front but I think if you hang back you’ll be fine!
My dd8 had no problem seeing.

On my night it was very weird. Left 1/2 stood and right 1/2 sat in the garden??? I stood in front of some topiary in the center so I know I wasn’t blocking anyone. When the show was about to start, some folks did more to the front but I think if you hang back you’ll be fine!
My dd8 had no problem seeing.

I definitely have no problem hanging out in the back, I just don't want to be wall to wall like it is on Mainstreet b/c I can never see, always such a disappointment. I actually gave up trying to get a good view and would watch from the HM area which wasn't a problem when it was Wishes but now with the projections during HEA it's kind of important to be closer. I am thinking we will go for Garden viewing, especially with the report your daughter could see! Thanks for the info!!! :thumbsup2

Has anyone done the Ferrytale Wishes: Dessert Party? I have been unable to find a thread for this dessert party.

I definitely have no problem hanging out in the back, I just don't want to be wall to wall like it is on Mainstreet b/c I can never see, always such a disappointment. I actually gave up trying to get a good view and would watch from the HM area which wasn't a problem when it was Wishes but now with the projections during HEA it's kind of important to be closer. I am thinking we will go for Garden viewing, especially with the report your daughter could see! Thanks for the info!!! :thumbsup2
The plaza garden area definitely isn’t wall to wall. There will be plenty of room to stretch out.

The plaza garden area definitely isn’t wall to wall. There will be plenty of room to stretch out.

Perfect! Since it’s for our honeymoon I just don’t want to be disappointed that I didn’t spend the extra to get the Terrace. Sounds like everyone prefers the Garden for the view.

Also, I read that the Terrace is first come first serve and since we have CRT at 5:30 I’m not sure we would be there right at 7 to get prime space at the rail.

I was wondering because the early months show lots of availability and the later months (aug/sep) show no availability even though you can select a date.

I was wondering because the early months show lots of availability and the later months (aug/sep) show no availability even though you can select a date.

Yea, dates after 5/27 only turned blue on Friday, and aren't actually able to be booked yet. We're all hoping they open up tomorrow.

The MK dessert parties are sometimes available 180 days out, but sometimes it gets off that pattern. We have been waiting on 5/28+ to become bookable for quite awhile now. The dates currently are blue online, but availability has not been loaded past 5/28. Should be any time now.

This was s big birthday for me so we splurged and stayed at the Polynesian. I could see the fireworks and hear the piped in music from the beach every night but so I started to second guess paying for the dessert party. All I can say is omg party viewing so worth it.
Have fun congratulations on the wedding. Might go back in September so I’m kinda watching for dates to be released too. We got a cold week in March so looking forward to September humidity....never thought I’d say that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter