MK Firework Dessert Party

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a phone call a few weeks ago advising us that the Dessert party had been changed to 9pm on our reservation night (19th December).

Caron

We received a phone call about a week ago advising us that our Dec. 19 party had been moved to 9 p.m. since Wishes was moved to 10 p.m. This call was from MK Operations not Disney Dining.

Well I didn't get a phone call ^ I have reservations at 7pmm for the 19th!

I called last week to ask about something else & while there I asked about the time change. The CM didn't know about the new Wishes time & said I guess show-up an hour before.

The charge has already cleared my card & the bill paid. This is kind of my daughter birthday party - I'd like it to go smoothly.

Thanks for the info, guys. Guess I should call back.. and if all else fails, I will check with MK when we get there.

Well I didn't get a phone call ^ I have reservations at 7pmm for the 19th!

I called last week to ask about something else & while there I asked about the time change. The CM didn't know about the new Wishes time & said I guess show-up an hour before.

The charge has already cleared my card & the bill paid. This is kind of my daughter birthday party - I'd like it to go smoothly.

Did you call Disney Dining? The person who called me identified themselves as MK Operations.

Thanks for the info, guys. Guess I should call back.. and if all else fails, I will check with MK when we get there.

I suggest checking in with City Hall when you arrive at MK.

Melani, sounds like calling Disney Dining isn't likely to help, since they are still giving guests a choice of 7 pm or 9 pm reservations on the same night. But if you call MK operations (and sounds like those are the folks who can help), after you clarify your own situation, you might let them know that whoever made the change in the computer reservation system apparently added the 9 pm listing but neglected to delete the 7 pm listing. So now CMs are presumably filling up *both* time slots, unless the program somehow puts a limit on the two seatings together.

I hope you can at least straighten out your own situation!

How much longer will they be doing the Wishes Dessert Party?

Do you call the regular dining reservation number for a reservation?

Thank you!

I'm interested in hearing the answer for this one, too. Hopefully it will be extended through the holidays..

Oh, this sounds wonderful! Hope it is something they continue...with so many cutbacks at Disney, this would be fun. ::yes::

Last night I called and they said it is scheduled through January 2. Sadly January 1 & 2 are full. But I'm going to keep trying in case someone cancels. We aren't scheduled to be at the MK either of those days so we won't just be doing a walk-up to see if they have spaces available. Who knows, our plans may change and we may head over there just for fun though.

Oh, chell, it would be wonderful if you could catch a cancellation! Think I'd call everyday - could happen! Too bad they do not have a waitlist.

For me it sure is! I have cut back on my medicine that messes with my thinking so I hope my brain improves soon. I went from 200 mg to 100 mg. Hopefully soon I can come completely off of it. Since going gluten-free I've not had so many headaches so hopefully this medicine is no longer needed.

Hopefully this thread will help remind me though. Maybe if someone cancels one of those dates they will post here. Maybe?

For me it sure is! I have cut back on my medicine that messes with my thinking so I hope my brain improves soon. I went from 200 mg to 100 mg. Hopefully soon I can come completely off of it. Since going gluten-free I've not had so many headaches so hopefully this medicine is no longer needed.

Hopefully this thread will help remind me though. Maybe if someone cancels one of those dates they will post here. Maybe?

I really do understand. :hug: My MS effects me that way, so I need a way to remind myself..but then I forget that too..:confused3 I will try to remember to post a reminder though!! ::yes::

Do hope cutting back on the med will help. Very happy to learn going gluten free has helped you to feel better.! I kept meaning to ask how you are feeling, but got sidetracked by our other discussions!:hug:

Oh, it would be wonderfully if someone posted a cancellation here for you!!!

Just to let you know, for our in Sept 09 I called for a reservation about a month ahead and was told it was full. I called again when I checked into the AKV's and was told it was full. Called the night we were going to the MK and was told it was full.

We had a reservation for Crystal Palace that night and after filling up there, we walked by the Dessert Party area on our way to Buzz Lightyear. We asked the CM if they had lots of cancellations because there were lots of empty tables. She said no they didn't have any cancellations, BUT they had lots of room if we wanted to join the Party. We kindly declined and told her how we had tried to make a reservation but were told it was fully booked. They may be fully booked for your date, but it may be worth a try to walk up????

I really do understand. :hug: My MS effects me that way, so I need a way to remind myself..but then I forget that too..:confused3 I will try to remember to post a reminder though!! ::yes::

Do hope cutting back on the med will help. Very happy to learn going gluten free has helped you to feel better.! I kept meaning to ask how you are feeling, but got sidetracked by our other discussions!:hug:

Oh, it would be wonderfully if someone posted a cancellation here for you!!!

I don't think I realized or maybe I didn't remember that you have MS. Thank you for the reminders!

Just today I was talking with a girl at work who was on the same medicine and talking about how she had some of the same problems. I don't know a thing about getting side tracked. It never happens to me. :rolleyes1 HA!

Just to let you know, for our in Sept 09 I called for a reservation about a month ahead and was told it was full. I called again when I checked into the AKV's and was told it was full. Called the night we were going to the MK and was told it was full.

We had a reservation for Crystal Palace that night and after filling up there, we walked by the Dessert Party area on our way to Buzz Lightyear. We asked the CM if they had lots of cancellations because there were lots of empty tables. She said no they didn't have any cancellations, BUT they had lots of room if we wanted to join the Party. We kindly declined and told her how we had tried to make a reservation but were told it was fully booked. They may be fully booked for your date, but it may be worth a try to walk up????

Thanks for the info! We aren't scheduled to be in the MK those days but we may head over there just to see.

I don't think I realized or maybe I didn't remember that you have MS. Thank you for the reminders!

Just today I was talking with a girl at work who was on the same medicine and talking about how she had some of the same problems. I don't know a thing about getting side tracked. It never happens to me. :rolleyes1 HA!

Except I forgot today!!! Did you call??

Might not have mentioned the MS - have had it a long time. It mostly effects me cognitively, motion sensitivity, some weakness and my immune system is shot - but must be wise about too hot or too cold temps as it can bring on an exacerbation. One great thing about Disney - they are wonderful about having the room specially cleaned. I asked the Swan/Dolphin, but they had no idea about possible cleaning other than saying they would be careful for peanut allergies. Still love those resorts though. ::yes::

How are you feeling today? :goodvibes

Doesn't the line close at 9? I remembered at 8:55. :lmao:

I can understand problems like that. Sadly I have problems with temperature extremes too. Well sometimes I think it is an extreme but it isn't. I'm freezing a lot now. I go back to the gastro next Monday. My immune system is run down too. When I got diagnosed with Celiac I was happy that this was my auto-immune disorder. But from what I've been reading lots of people with Celiac have more than one. **sigh** This will be my first year of taking hand sanitizer to WDW. I don't usually worry about it, but since I've been so sick this year I think I've got to be super careful right now.

I'm feeling better though. Right now I'm run down but that is probably from stress. Last week I think I got a little gluten in me by accident. But I've tried to be sooooo careful. Ugh.

How are you?

They close at 10 - you have just enough time to call! Well, if you see this in time...more later..want to get this posted for you in case you want to call!! Fingers crossed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter