MK/Fantasyland “Early Morning Magic” (EMM) (Thread Now Closed, See New MK EMM FAQ Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got the call this morning. He offered to switch us to the 27th, but we already had that booked too. I have a feeling the 27th is going to be extremely busy depending on how many people get transferred over, especially since that day has been sold out for weeks.

Did they end up just refunding you then? Someone else mentioned they probably closed the 27th before it was actually fully booked (since they realized the glitch) so it shouldn't be any busier.

Did they end up just refunding you then? Someone else mentioned they probably closed the 27th before it was actually fully booked (since they realized the glitch) so it shouldn't be any busier.

Yes, the ended up just giving me a refund since they couldn’t move me over to the 27th and we had our MVMCP already booked. They did give me the 3 extra FP and modified my dining for that day too.

When I'm finished EMM, could I do Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Jungle Cruise in 2 hours without using FP?

Absolutely. We did HM and IASM, then walked into breakfast at 9:40. Could’ve been sooner but they didn’t open the doors at HM until almost 9:10.

Well now I am certainly confused by what you were offered...You are going to other parks besides MK, right? Why would they give you 6 fp's only to be used at MK when others have reported 3 any park ones?? Posing the question to the universe, not you OP! I know you probably are as baffled as the rest of us. Anyone chime in with their thoughts?? They are going to have a mess if they don't offer everyone the same options.
They only gave me one when they cancelled my EMM for 10/14...:(

Well now I am certainly confused by what you were offered...You are going to other parks besides MK, right? Why would they give you 6 fp's only to be used at MK when others have reported 3 any park ones?? Posing the question to the universe, not you OP! I know you probably are as baffled as the rest of us. Anyone chime in with their thoughts?? They are going to have a mess if they don't offer everyone the same options.

After reading some of these messages, I called and asked about the 6 FP for one day or the offer of 3 FP for 2 days after having the EMM cancelled. The gentleman I spoke to seemed very confused as to why there was such a vast difference. He placed me on hold and after speaking to someone else (Supervisor maybe??) he came back and said that the 3 FP for that day is all that should’ve been offered, they aren’t allowed to offer more. He didn’t have any explanation that could explain the huge differences, but lucky for the people who got it!

Good point. I worry in general though the 11/25 MVMCP will be busier because it's the first one after Thanksgiving week, which there are none scheduled.
True. Exactly why I planned to do EMM on that Sunday and the Christmas Party on Tuesday. Plus, it just worked better in my plans. Oh well. Nothing we can do about them taking our date away!

After reading some of these messages, I called and asked about the 6 FP for one day or the offer of 3 FP for 2 days after having the EMM cancelled. The gentleman I spoke to seemed very confused as to why there was such a vast difference. He placed me on hold and after speaking to someone else (Supervisor maybe??) he came back and said that the 3 FP for that day is all that should’ve been offered, they aren’t allowed to offer more. He didn’t have any explanation that could explain the huge differences, but lucky for the people who got it!
And one person reported getting 9!!!

I got the call this morning. He offered to switch us to the 27th, but we already had that booked too. I have a feeling the 27th is going to be extremely busy depending on how many people get transferred over, especially since that day has been sold out for weeks.
We don't think it's sold out. Just unbookable while they figure out this whole mess and move the people that needed to be moved.

And one person reported getting 9!!!

I know! It’s crazy how far apart some of the offers were! I’d never even heard of 9 given before today.

We don't think it's sold out. Just unbookable while they figure out this whole mess and move the people that needed to be moved.

I’m hoping that’s the way it is. And that would make sense with them offering to switch people to it.

After wrestling with Disney's website tonight (two browsers and an incognito tab later: do I have to beg Disney to take my money?), I've booked not one, but two EMM dates. We will attend for the first time on 9/4, followed by 9/9. Now to read this entire thread to figure out the best strategy...

It's looking like the 9/9 date will also be our MNSSHP.
Someone send some pixie dust my way to get my kids to chill that afternoon. pixiedust:

so if they're on late november, then 11/6 will be all good and no need to make changes or wait for calls?

I booked for the 6th Nov after reading that the other two dates that I had booked were going to be cancelled. When I had the phone call cancelling the other dates, the CM said that the 6th wasn't going to be cancelled!

Still no call for me…. I’m sitting here trying to figure out what to do if we want to still try to do EMM on 11/27 and move our party night or what…. I’m thinking no to the 11/25 party now since when I looked at TP’s rating of the parties that one was down at the bottom for more crowded. Darn Disney why did they have to mess with my schedule!

Still no call for me…. I’m sitting here trying to figure out what to do if we want to still try to do EMM on 11/27 and move our party night or what…. I’m thinking no to the 11/25 party now since when I looked at TP’s rating of the parties that one was down at the bottom for more crowded. Darn Disney why did they have to mess with my schedule!
In the same exact boat here. And still waiting on my call as well! I would prefer not to do the Sunday party too...but with the EMM switch, I only can do the party Sunday and EMM Tuesday. Not the way I would have scheduled it, and didn't! But we're kind of stuck now. My family wouldn't do both events on one day so that's not an option for us. If it makes you feel any better, I've been to sold out and not sold out parties, all this same week, and I couldn't tell the difference. They all are just crowded. LOL Crowded in the main areas and at the special events, but low wait times for rides. I think any party you choose will be fine.

In the same exact boat here. And still waiting on my call as well! I would prefer not to do the Sunday party too...but with the EMM switch, I only can do the party Sunday and EMM Tuesday. Not the way I would have scheduled it, and didn't! But we're kind of stuck now. My family wouldn't do both events on one day so that's not an option for us. If it makes you feel any better, I've been to sold out and not sold out parties, all this same week, and I couldn't tell the difference. They all are just crowded. LOL Crowded in the main areas and at the special events, but low wait times for rides. I think any party you choose will be fine.

Good to know…. I did just miss the call from them and they left a message. So now I really do need to decide what I want before I call back. I was also thinking if they move the 11/25 open to 8am then maybe if I go early still it won’t be too bad…. I don’t know. Would u rather get free EMM on 11/27 or keep party and see if they will give me those tickets in place (I haven’t purchased yet). Hmmmm

Ok everyone! I'm trying to figure out what we could accomplish right when EMM is over. Let's say we head for another ride right at 9am, and want to start heading back to Pinocchio at about 9:35 - what could we reasonably accomplish during that time? We are average walkers with an 8 year old.
Thanks!
Danielle

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter