Mk Evening EMH May packed!

Disneyglobegirl

DIS Veteran
Did anyone else attempt the eveing EMH at MK in May? It was packed the night we went! And both Space and Splash broke down - I have to say we did Enights last year in June and had a much better time. I would suggest to avoid the evening EMH and try to do the morning EMH instead - we got so much more done with the early hours and just getting to the parks early. So if you can try to be early risers and you will get lots done!! :flower:

We tried the EMH at MK on May 18th and it too was packed. Rides that we either walked on or had only a 10-15 minute wait up until EMH had waits of 30-60 minutes after EMH started. We finally left about an hour after EMH started and it was obvious that still at that time more people were coming into the park than were leaving it. We also did EMH in the morning on May 20th, and I would highly recommend it. A lot less lines and we were able to do a lot more.

A friend e-mailed me this morning. She was at MGM yesterday and said it looked like New Year's Eve.
I almost went and now glad I did not have the time.

I have heard that the evening EMH hours crowds thin out later in the evening. Can anyone confirm that?

Francine

Franniepoppins said:
I have heard that the evening EMH hours crowds thin out later in the evening. Can anyone confirm that?

Francine

We were there until 1 am and it was jam packed and as we were leaving more people were coming in - it was open until 2 that night.

I was there on the 25th too.

We have small children and although 3 of them could ride Splash none of them wanted to, which was good since it was broken.

The adults never got on Space Mtn. all week since the lines were too long for us to justify the wait and we used our FP on other events during the week which included the children.

But for those with small children going at night was great. We had a great time on the 18th. Our kids were angels the entire night and they got to ride their favorite rides more than once and it was nice and cool. They also got on Dumbo with a very short wait compared to during the day.

So for those with young children if you plan it correctly and your kids can handle one really late night out it may be worth it anyway. My kids never would have gotten to ride Dumbo if we didn't go at night.

We rode: HM, Dumbo, Alladin, Pirates, Carosal, Buzz and Stitch. And we also watched the parade. It was a nice change to the heat of the day and the kids felt special since we were there from 11pm until 2am. It was a treat for them.

The kids were 6, 4, 3, 22 months. The 3 year old was the only one that fell asleep at around 1:30!

We've always done mornings and it's always been worth it. The way I see it is the mornings are an extra effort most people have to plan for, and when they're on vacation they just don't do it. The evenings are something you can just decide on a whim to try out, so it's no big deal to just pop over. Makes for larger crowds.

Something we discovered this last trip is to visit the park that had evening EMH the morning AFTER the EMH evening. It worked like a charm!

We, too, were there on the 25th, and it WAS packed. We ended up only doing two rides and then just left. With two small kids, it was a better decision.

FWIW -- Splash Mountain broke down on Tuesday, the 24th, as well. We were stuck for about 20 minutes before it started up again. Then Big Thunder Mountain broke down on Saturday the 28th, and we all had to get out and walk back. What fun!

Linda

Splash was broken briefly on Saturday morning (the 21st) too. We were next in line to load into our log and we just had to stand and wait. :guilty: The CMs said that someone had set off a sensor somewhere on the ride. The standby time was 10 minutes when we got in line at 11a.m. and 30 when we got off.

The EMH night that we did at MK in January was empty. We walked onto everything. I guess it depends on the time of year.

We did EMH at Epcot on the 19th and it wasn't bad at all. We did Mission Space, Test Track (with a FP) and Spaceship Earth with minimal waits.

My friend was stuck on Splash Mountain at the EMH last Wed. night for 40 minutes. She had left her phone with me while I waited for her, and it took quite a while to figure what was going on, but it wasn't a huge deal and Disney gave us two fastpasses for any ride for Friday when we were going back to MK, HOWEVER, I met at least two sets of parents who were worried sick and did not know where their kids were, since they had joined the "10 minute" line almost an hour prior. There was no announcement to people waiting outside about what was happening. I thought that was kind of dumb.

Wow, the parks must be crowded now! We did EMH evening at MK on May 11th and it was EMPTY. We literally walked on every single attraction, rode a couple several times in a row, and they were sending through empty ride vehicles on lots of things like Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Teacups, Splash Mountain, etc. The only ride that had a wait was 10 min for Peter Pan.

For the summer it may be best to do the morning!

This would be why I am ticked that they moved MK EMH hours around so I have zero AM EMH at MK during my stay. I do not even want to think about PM EMH hours June 22-27 when the onsite resorts are all sold out.

On May 11 the EMH evening was GREAT!! BUT--it rained for a couple of hours before park closing and really cleared the crowds out. It quit raining right about time for Wishes. We arrived about 7:30-8:00 and folks were pouring out. There were only 4 of us on the bus from POFQ. Pray for rain!

*****CONSENSUS NEEDED ASAP!!!!!*****

So other than praying for rain..... go for MORNING EMH at MK...would this be the consensus???? I need a confirmation on this because we have planned two EMH eve. at MK and then later mornings the following day!!!!! I will switch now and re-do my itinerary if this is what you all recommend! THANKS!!!!

I was at Epcot on May 26 for EMH. After touring the WS, we got our wristbands and headed to Mission Space just before 9:00. There was no wait at all. In the time it took to ride MS, Test Track became a 30' wait and growing longer. Soarin was a 90' wait. The place was packed. Based on that, I'd rather get up early for the extra morning hour. Maybe people would rather stay late than get up early? Of course, this has been my only experience. I wish they'd bring back e-ride nights. Those were super fun and uncrowded!

We were there on the 25th and were very disappointed by the size of the crowds. We were able to ride a few things but we will never do it again. We had done the EMH at AK and found the crowds very light so we had hoped this would be the case at MK. From now on I'll stick to the morning EMH for MK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter