• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MISSION SPACE Orange vs Green!!!!

I was hoping that reading this thread would convince me to go for orange next time, but I'm no closer to deciding :laughing:

Only been on it once, did green because I'm a big scaredy cat. It was confined and that creeped me a little bit but I was ok. I'd love to try orange but I really am being a coward!

I am very claustrophobic and I can do this ride. I just have to prepare myself...

But I've done both, orange only once, and that was before they came out with the green. The only reason I don't do the orange side anymore is the older I get, the worse my motion sickness gets. So if you get sick... go green!!!

Which Mission Space do you prefer, Orange or Green. (trying to decide wether to brave Orange) ;)

Orange really isn't any worse than the pressure you feel when riding a carnival ride like Gravitron or a round-up (the kind that spins you around and sticks you to the wall), and you only feel that pressure twice--at lift-off, then during the moon slingshot. That said, when I rode Orange in May, about an hour later I got a really weird, bad headache and sense of nausea that stayed with me for a couple of hours. I attributed it to Orange, but YMMV. It's the only ride that has ever made me motion sick.

I did find it really tight in there, though. I'm not usually claustrophobic, but I did feel a bit freaked out by how close it is in there.

Green.

Did Orange 3 or 4 times and loved it but then I got contacts and got a really bad headache riding it. I think since I'm near sighted having the contacts in with the spinning and everything messed me up (as weird as that sounds). So now I do green. Green is still cool, but orange is definitely a more intense experience and I guess green does seem pretty weak/pointless sometimes without the spinning.

I guess I prefer orange but have to ride green.

I have to laugh at myself because I did both orange and green, and for some reason green makes me feel sick but orange doesn't! What is wrong with me?

Have you ever tried to eat a green orange?

That'll do it.

I love orange! However, one must take into consideration that it's the only attraction anywhere that comes complete with a barf bag. The intensity of it isn't for everyone but it's just fine for me!

I've only done orange. While it does push you back in your seat I didn't think it was anything to get sick over. it didn't have any effect on me. So what is green like- could a 4 year old go on it? (he's 43 inches).

Having read all the bad stuff about the ride when it first came out, I was petrified of it. When they came up with different versions, I definitely went to the green side. It was okay, but definitely not the most thrilling thing I'd ever experienced. Then, last year, I decided to give the orange side a shot. LOVED it! The g-forces make a huge difference in the ride experience. Now, I only do the orange side, and it's one of my favorite rides!

Orange! And I can be wimpy. It isn't intense the entire ride - just at the start and then a short spin in the middle ( slingshot around the moon). The first time I rode it, I was really worried and tense when it lifted off and I felt the pressure, but then it eased up and was fun. Now I know what to expect when it lifts off and I just yell"woo hoo" and that helps. By the time I finish my woo hoo, the intensity is over :-)

I've been reading this thread and nobody really explains the differences except at launch and the moon slingshot. What about when you go weightless or when you are hanging over the cliff at the end of the ride? I've been on GREEN multiple times and am an avid coaster rider. I've never gotten sick on any rides but am a bit concerned about doing Orange since I do take Blood Pressure meds. I've riden the Gravitron, the round up and even something called Devils Hole where you literally stick to a wall and the floor drops out. I really just want to understand all the different sections of the ride to see if I can give Orange a try

I've been reading this thread and nobody really explains the differences except at launch and the moon slingshot. What about when you go weightless or when you are hanging over the cliff at the end of the ride? I've been on GREEN multiple times and am an avid coaster rider. I've never gotten sick on any rides but am a bit concerned about doing Orange since I do take Blood Pressure meds. I've riden the Gravitron, the round up and even something called Devils Hole where you literally stick to a wall and the floor drops out. I really just want to understand all the different sections of the ride to see if I can give Orange a try

Orange spins, Green doesn't. They use the spinning to make certain scenes more intense. Sounds like you can handle this if you handled those others you listed.

By the way, I have mild hypertension and take meds for it. The feeling on Orange can be unsettling for me, but it's just a few seconds or so and the feeling goes away. Your experience may be different.

I have a back problem, so I am cautious with certain rides. I opted for Green my first few times, and enjoyed it. I decided to try to brave Orange, as it doesn't spin for very long, and , honestly, experience-wise, I barely noticed a difference. Spinning just doesn't affect me, and I didn't find it all that thrilling either. My back hated me for a few hours, so I'll do Green from now on.

Apparently, it is quite common for people to be wheeled out of Mission Space though, as I have seen EMTs on scene several times as I exited that ride.

As far as I can tell, it only spins for about 30 seconds twice during the ride (takeoff and moonshot). The hanging over the cliff scene does not use the spinning, and is identical in both versions. If you can ride a gravitron, you should be all set.

I agree, Orange is basically just a more intense Gravitron ride. Just a lot more intense, and only for two brief (but definitely long enough) periods. There isn't any real weightlessness or air time at all. It's just the sensation of the spinning stopping while the cabin tips you forward. Not a great effect IMO.

I like the Orange side... The first time I went on it, I took Dramamine beforehand just in case, but it was no big deal. Spinning and G-forces have never bothered me, though.

I loved orange when I went on it in 2007! We're going in September with a six and seven year old who are tall enough to ride, and who I think would enjoy the ride as well. I'm thinking we'll probably do green with them though, as I'm unsure whether they'd be able to handle orange.

Hahahaha.

Seriously, I've done orange many times and it never bothers me. Tried green last time and it made me sick. Orange didn't.

I'm glad I'm not the only one! I've done Orange a bunch of times, and loved it, no problem. One day we tried Green, just to see the difference, and I felt sick. I also thought it was a LOT more bumpy feeling. To me, it seemed the spinning pinned you back in the seat so you didn't bounce around as much.

So, go ORANGE.

Which Mission Space do you prefer, Orange or Green. (trying to decide wether to brave Orange) ;)

I did Orange this year for the first time. I have motion sickness and I came out walking. I did amuse my children as I screamed about my eyeballs and other stuff moving to new locations, but I had fun.:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter