Missing bag number 7 found!

kdonnel

DVC-BCV
In an earlier post I talked about how one of 7 checked bags was lost.

Airtran gave up on finding the bag and transfered the calim to the lost baggage department instead of the were still looking for it department.

Today my three year old daughter got a letter in the mail from the Orlando Airport Lost and Found department. They have had the bag since the day it was lost.

Airtran is going to pick up the bag and put it on their 3:05 flight to Atlanta. We should have our stuff some time tonight.

Yeah!

I'm so happy to hear your news. The exact same thing happened to our daughter's bag unfortunately it never turned up.

That is WONDERFUL news. What a shame someone did not check with lost and found from the get go. I am super happy for you.

Still no bag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The person I spoke to earlier in the day promissed the bag would be delivered this evening.

I called at 10:00pm and they ARE NOT going to send the bag to us. While they did retrieve it from the lost and found and fly it from MCO to ATL since it does not have a claim check attached we must pick it up.

I am steaming!

Their employee in Orlando was incompetent and I have to be with out my bag for 5 days and drive 100 miles round trip to get the bag?

They must be crazy!

I am waiting for a supervisor to call back. I doubt they will.

I am going to have it out with them first thing in the morning.

Why should I be punished because they are incompetent?

They must have already forgotten that all the other airlines match their fares. Out of ATL they are not always the cheapest or most convienient. I supported them because they were the little guy.

Delta may be getting all my business again.

not only did they offer us credit towards our next flight, but when they were found, they delivered them to our door. Its great they found your bag with your souveniers, memories, etc, though!

Last night the supervisor called.

She claimed she would lose her job if she sent the bag to me. As far as she could tell there was no way for me to prove that was my bag. Despite the fact it had my name on it, I had an open baggage claim with the same name and address, and I could accurately describe the contents. In her words "You may be a dishonest person."

I think that she was working the night shift with the others for a reason. AirTran does not have many late flights and they would not actually have to do any work. She actually told me that their employees were poorly trained.

She swore up and down it would be at least a week before they could intestigate the bag and have it sent to our home. Her hands were tied.

There was no way the bag had traveled today from MCO to ATL on an AirTran flight. That was against their policy. I must be lying to her.

At this point I was about to lose it so I just told her I would speak with some one in corporate customer service tomorrow and hung up.

20 minutes later a baggage delivery service called. They had the bag and wanted directions to my house.

This morning I spoke with the vice president of AirTran operations in Atlanta. He appligized for the situation. Under no circumstances should I have been asked to retrieve my own bag. They had dropped the ball in the beginning by failing to take the time to properly tag the bag in Orlando. As far as he was concerned it was a security violation on their part to not take the proper time with each custoerm. He was stunned they had not checked lost and found for the bag in Orlando. He said he would take appropriate action in disciplining the personnel who were working the night shift last night.

I feel better now.

I'm glad that you finally got a little customer service from them but it is ridiculous that you had to go all the way to the VP of Ops to get it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts