Minnie Vans

Not sure. They did look like the larger size, maybe Tahoe’s?, rather than Transverse ones.
Ah, the Suburbans. I think they were newer MVs than the Traverses. No idea if it's true but a driver told me in Nov 2019 they were transitioning the whole fleet into suburbans as the traverses came off lease so they could do double duty on the port/airport runs and the on-property runs.

That gives me a bit of hope we see Minnie Vans return. Sure they could be sitting there because GM won't take them back early but maybe Disney chose to keep the newer, more versatile cars in hopes of using them? A girl dream!

Despite them being priced well above other private transfers, I was really looking forward to CR to Port Canaveral Minnie Van service before the world ended last year.

Really hope some form of the service returns. Perhaps even pre-scheduling rides through Genie?

If they are getting rid of magical express you think they would reinstate Minnie Vans. People want that disney commute once they leave the airport. People will pay.

One would think that they'd operate like they have before. Take away a complimentary service, and add an optional pay per service. Covid gives them the opportunity. It's something most guests need.
I'm thinking DME has a rebirth under a new name, with varying levels of speed and service.
The baggage part was a third party vendor that didn't survive covid. As the pandemic subsides, I can see another vendor jumping in with improved service(and if wise include more than disney). If not then I see Disney jumping in to fill the void and take another piece of that pie.

One would think that they'd operate like they have before. Take away a complimentary service, and add an optional pay per service. Covid gives them the opportunity. It's something most guests need.
I'm thinking DME has a rebirth under a new name, with varying levels of speed and service.
The baggage part was a third party vendor that didn't survive covid. As the pandemic subsides, I can see another vendor jumping in with improved service(and if wise include more than disney). If not then I see Disney jumping in to fill the void and take another piece of that pie.
BAGS is still operating for other resorts, just not with Disney.

I would take a Minnie van in a heartbeat since magical express no longer exists. Sure they are expensive, but the cast members driving you around always made me feel at ease.

We loved taking the Minnie Vans every once in awhile. The CMs were always fantastic. I hope they bring them back someday!

I hope they come back soon as well. I'm not a fan of crowded busses (even before COVID) so we are staying at Pop to have the Skyliner for Hollywood and Epcot, the money we save will be used on Minnie Vans to MK so we really only have to worry about busses to AK which usually aren't crowded. If they aren't back I guess we will user UBER to TTC or schedule breakfast at The Wave or Whispering Canyon for easy access to MK.

I hope they come back soon as well. I'm not a fan of crowded busses (even before COVID) so we are staying at Pop to have the Skyliner for Hollywood and Epcot, the money we save will be used on Minnie Vans to MK so we really only have to worry about busses to AK which usually aren't crowded. If they aren't back I guess we will user UBER to TTC or schedule breakfast at The Wave or Whispering Canyon for easy access to MK.

Currently no buses are crowded because they limit the number of parties that can board. When we were at Pop the lines for MK and AK were both quite long, so all buses in the morning were full (to the reduced capacity).

Socially distanced buses have to a huge money pit. I'm not surprised by this. And they can bring them back anytime they want.

We liked using the Minnie Vans, as we have two ECVs in our party and they had options that allowed for that, which actually made them a cheaper option than an accessible Taxi, as we would have to get two of them.

Planning a trip in December, I really hope to see Minnie Vans return by then. We have had so many bad bus experiences we almost never take them anymore.

I ubered to TTC last week, worked just fine if you don’t really want breakfast at one of those hotels.

Interesting, there were reports they were all to be sent back some time ago. Do you happen to know if these have been there for a long time, so maybe not all were returned to GM, or if that’s a new crop?
These were there in December (and possibly September too- I remember seeing them on multiple trips). I thought the could possibly be using them for VIP tours or something? Man, I would love for MV to come back. Uber with young kids is just not feasible.

These were there in December (and possibly September too- I remember seeing them on multiple trips). I thought the could possibly be using them for VIP tours or something? Man, I would love for MV to come back. Uber with young kids is just not feasible.
Their car seat set up looks great!

Personally I want to see them return because

1) I often travel with a fam member with an ECV

2) MK access point more convenient than TTC

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter