Minnie van to poly

buzz1fan

DIS Veteran
If we want to eat at captain cooks can we take a mini van from beach club to poly? We would not have a dining reservation.

If we want to eat at captain cooks can we take a mini van from beach club to poly? We would not have a dining reservation.
I believe you can go anywhere you want on property with Minnie van service. But, if not, a couple alternatives would be to take Minnie Van to TTC and walk from there:
https://www.militarydisneytips.com/...#:~:text=The Map,walk depending on your speed.

Free Alternative: from the beach club, take the Skyliner to Hollywood Studios then hop on the bus to Poly. You could also do this going back to your resort if you just wanted Minnie Van service 1 way to check it out, assuming Hollywood Studios is still open when you head back.

Or just a regular Lyft, which would be a lot less expensive (unless you need to size for a stroller or something).

Or just a regular Lyft, which would be a lot less expensive (unless you need to size for a stroller or something).
I don’t think a regular Lyft would be able to as the Minnie Van has special on property privileges. The Lyft passenger would need the ADR same as driving your own vehicle.

I don’t think a regular Lyft would be able to as the Minnie Van has special on property privileges. The Lyft passenger would need the ADR same as driving your own vehicle.
You're not parking, it's just dropping you off. We take Lyfts all over the property all the time. No one at the hotel gate has ever said that we cannot visit a hotel when we arrived by Lyft. They won't let cars park without an ADR, but you can visit any hotel you like to shop or QS dine etc. by Lyft, boat, bus, monorail etc.

You're not parking, it's just dropping you off. We take Lyfts all over the property all the time. No one at the hotel gate has ever said that we cannot visit a hotel when we arrived by Lyft. They won't let cars park without an ADR, but you can visit any hotel you like to shop or QS dine etc. by Lyft, boat, bus, monorail etc.
You have been lucky... I see uber/lyft turned away every day. I am normally behind them, so it holds me up. 😀

You have been lucky... I see uber/lyft turned away every day. I am normally behind them, so it holds me up. 😀
Strange. Never seen that and we've been using Lyfts for years instead of Disney buses. The only place ride sharing isn't allowed is MK. In fact, it's a recommended approach on virtually every Disney travel site. I would be interested why anyone in a taxi/Lyft/Uber would ever be turned away from a Disney hotel.

Strange. Never seen that and we've been using Lyfts for years instead of Disney buses. The only place ride sharing isn't allowed is MK. In fact, it's a recommended approach on virtually every Disney travel site. I would be interested why anyone in a taxi/Lyft/Uber would ever be turned away from a Disney hotel.
I think they mainly wanted to prevent extra traffic during the pandemic. It’s entirely possible this is no longer the case and if so, I apologize for the misinformation. I try to keep up, but things constantly change 🤣

I think they mainly wanted to prevent extra traffic during the pandemic. It’s entirely possible this is no longer the case and if so, I apologize for the misinformation. I try to keep up, but things constantly change 🤣
You never know...I guess a good rule is to always be prepared for anything(!) An example from our last trip in March was we were heading to BC to browse the shops and then grab a bite on the Boardwalk. We pulled up to the gate, told the CM we were staying at the Grand and what we doing there and he waived us through.

You never know...I guess a good rule is to always be prepared for anything(!) An example from our last trip in March was we were heading to BC to browse the shops and then grab a bite on the Boardwalk. We pulled up to the gate, told the CM we were staying at the Grand and what we doing there and he waived us through.
True. And in the OP scenario, worst case is you have the driver drop you at TTC and make a 10 minute walk to Poly. Not as bad as it could be trying to get somewhere else.

Just kinda funny that you can’t get in with a car, but you can with your own 2 feet or Disney transportation

Uber and Lyft are allowed to drop you off at resorts without an ADR. The only exception I've heard of was people giving a hard time at the Contemporary, but that was during covid restrictions. I've taken plenty to MK and Epcot area resorts and never needed an ADR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter