Minnie Van now available from WDW to PC

Does anyone happen to know what the regular uber/lyft price would be from WDW to PC? Trying to decide how much of an upcharge the minnie vans are and if its worth it :)

I just booked the Minnie Van for my daughter and I. We will be on the Fantasy Cruise Jan.26. PAT is 10:30 and the van will be picking us up at 9:30 at Port Orleans Riverside. My daughter likes to arrive early.

Phone number...1-800-395-9374 option #1. Payment is required when booking. pooh::tigger:

Did you happen to ask if the trip can include a quick grocery stop along the way? Many of the private car companies offer this for people to pick up any last minute items and beer or wine.

I just booked the Minnie Van for my daughter and I. We will be on the Fantasy Cruise Jan.26. PAT is 10:30 and the van will be picking us up at 9:30 at Port Orleans Riverside. My daughter likes to arrive early.

Phone number...1-800-395-9374 option #1. Payment is required when booking. pooh::tigger:

Thanks for the number. Hopefully, I will be called today or tomorrow. If not, I will call. It is not the number I had for Embarkation Services. Glad I didn't post the one I used. Guess it changed???

It seems most people are like your DD and want to arrive as early as possible. We're platinum so don't have a PAT but like to avoid the crowded terminal before embarkation begins. Enjoy the anticipation and happy sailing. :boat:

Interesting! We like to stay at a WDW resort before cruising, but have never been able to select an early PAT because the WDW buses arrive so late, so it might be nice to try a Minnie Van and get to use the pools on the ship before they get crowded. That said, the nice thing about arriving late is getting to walk right onboard when you arrive, having your room ready to drop off your things, and avoiding peak crowds at Cabanas.

I am definitely a big fan of Minnie Vans generally, and have used them a lot for transport to/from the parks. The included car seats are a must for our toddler, and Uber/Lyft charge more and have fewer cars that have car seats, and those that do are not always installed correctly like they are in the Minnie Vans. Plus the CMs that drive the Minnie Vans are really good at talking to the kids and getting them excited, and playing fun Disney music on the radio.

Great idea. Looks like a Chevy Traverse and they have lots of cargo room. Worth the wrap job... think of it... great way to make a few bucks on the side. Couple trips a day... thats $2500/5 days work... 10K/month. Come to think of it.. sign me up!!

Just booked a Minnie Van for our Dec cruise and I was able to book round trip Minnie Van - I was not expecting the round-trip option - I only thought I would be able to book from WDW to Port. - when the cast member asked if I wanted a Minnie Van transfer back to WDW - I said Yes:yay:

They are picking us up from WDW at 9:00AM going to the cruise and from the Port at 9:00 AM on our return.to WDW...

Just wanted to let everyone know you can book roundtrip....

Interesting! We like to stay at a WDW resort before cruising, but have never been able to select an early PAT because the WDW buses arrive so late, so it might be nice to try a Minnie Van and get to use the pools on the ship before they get crowded. That said, the nice thing about arriving late is getting to walk right onboard when you arrive, having your room ready to drop off your things, and avoiding peak crowds at Cabanas.

I am definitely a big fan of Minnie Vans generally, and have used them a lot for transport to/from the parks. The included car seats are a must for our toddler, and Uber/Lyft charge more and have fewer cars that have car seats, and those that do are not always installed correctly like they are in the Minnie Vans. Plus the CMs that drive the Minnie Vans are really good at talking to the kids and getting them excited, and playing fun Disney music on the radio.

Now that they charge to park at the resorts, how would this work? Would you continue to pay for your parking after you check out?

I think it would be more fun riding to port in a Minnie than a limo. Wishful thinking, I am too cheap to spend $240 for transportation from WDW to PC.
You and me both! I'll stick to renting our own car (this past trip we were upgraded free of charge to an SUV both directions) for a fraction of the cost. Not like I see the polka dots from inside the car anyway :confused3 come to think of it, if you did then you'd be seeing spots :rotfl2:

Now that they charge to park at the resorts, how would this work? Would you continue to pay for your parking after you check out?

We fly in and use magical express so I think that is the group mini van is targeting. If you drove, it would be cheaper to drive to the port and park there.

Just booked a Minnie Van for our Dec cruise and I was able to book round trip Minnie Van - I was not expecting the round-trip option - I only thought I would be able to book from WDW to Port. - when the cast member asked if I wanted a Minnie Van transfer back to WDW - I said Yes:yay:

They are picking us up from WDW at 9:00AM going to the cruise and from the Port at 9:00 AM on our return.to WDW...

Do you know where you get dropped off at Port Canaveral? Is it out front with everyone else or do they have a separate side entrance for Minnie Van riders?

I was asked the same question when I booked but since we are going straight to MCO it is not an option. When I asked the price, she couldn't tell me since she couldn't book it for us??? Can you share if it is simply double the one way fare? Our Spring cruise is WDW/DCL/WDW so it will be an option then.

Do you know where you get dropped off at Port Canaveral? Is it out front with everyone else or do they have a separate side entrance for Minnie Van riders?

I did not ask where they will drop us off - but I can give you an update after our December cruise :santa:

I was asked the same question when I booked but since we are going straight to MCO it is not an option. When I asked the price, she couldn't tell me since she couldn't book it for us??? Can you share if it is simply double the one way fare? Our Spring cruise is WDW/DCL/WDW so it will be an option then.

Yes - the round trip cost is double the one-way cost - total round trip is $480

I did not ask where they will drop us off - but I can give you an update after our December cruise :santa:

I have a question for those of you that have either booked the service or are considering it. That rate is at least $100 more than booking transportation through Happy limo or Sunshine limo. Are you expecting particularly different service? Or is a van painted with polkadots just that appealing…

According to a report I just read, it seems they drop you a off at the right-side entrance, usually used only by the DCL busses, and that there are porters there to grab your luggage. That security line is usually much shorter.

I have a question for those of you that have either booked the service or are considering it. That rate is at least $100 more than booking transportation through Happy limo or Sunshine limo. Are you expecting particularly different service? Or is a van painted with polkadots just that appealing…

The only reason I would consider using the service would be if it gets us in the terminal before other passengers so I could try to score a Category T upgrade if rooms were available.

I have a question for those of you that have either booked the service or are considering it. That rate is at least $100 more than booking transportation through Happy limo or Sunshine limo. Are you expecting particularly different service? Or is a van painted with polkadots just that appealing...

LOL, it is certainly not the polka dots. I imagine everyone has their own reasons. In our case, we need a vehicle equipped with a lift. I trust Disney to do that right. I saved over $90 by dropping our rental at Hertz on 192 rather than at the port which will recoup some of the extra cost for us (the individual who needs the lift was scheduled to take the DCL bus originally).

Thanks for your reply.

According to a report I just read, it seems they drop you a off at the right-side entrance, usually used only by the DCL busses, and that there are porters there to grab your luggage. That security line is usually much shorter.

That would be nice.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter