Minister Garneau Announces Extension of Cruise Ship Ban in Canadian Waters

Just until Feb 28th, 2021 at this time... I wonder how many larger passenger ships were sailing during that time of year..?

Just until Feb 28th, 2021 at this time... I wonder how many larger passenger ships were sailing during that time of year..?
Cruising is shut down from October to May in almost all Canadian ports., We took one of the last cruises out of Vancouver last October. So would be surprised if this impacts even one cruise ship.

The last cruise ship usually leaves Vancouver by mid to end of October and they start up again around early to mid April. Can't speak for Quebec City, Halifax or any of the other CDN ports, but I'm sure they'd be finished before now, too. So yes, this won't affect cruises really, but it's still worth noting as it could definitely be extended again at the end of February......

I think it's basically punting the issue to a later date so that they can spend more time figuring out how to deal with the second wave.

I believe that the Wonder isn't scheduled to arrive in Vancouver to start the Alaskan season until early May 2021, so we'll see, if they keep extending it it could affect their season.

The last cruise ship usually leaves Vancouver by mid to end of October and they start up again around early to mid April. Can't speak for Quebec City, Halifax or any of the other CDN ports, but I'm sure they'd be finished before now, too. So yes, this won't affect cruises really, but it's still worth noting as it could definitely be extended again at the end of February......

Yes. Here in Montreal, it usually ends during the month of October. By the way, it's very cold this morning. Not very pleasant.

While there are no ships sailing out of Vancouver during this timeframe (I used to be able to see the port from my office back when I still went into the office in the before times) I do think this extension in the sense that I think Disney is going to want some certainty around the Alaska season before the WBPC that is scheduled for February 2021. I suspect that if by then it still doesn’t look like Canada will reopen by summer then they won’t do the Panama Canal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter