minions and spider-man?

firstwdw

DIS Veteran
How are these rides for motion sickness and jerkiness on the body? Planning to skip Simpsons and Transformers.

Minions has motion, but it is not jerky, it is smoother. If you are planning on Simpsons and Transformers, I would also skip Spiderman. Spiderman was similar to Transformers.

My sister has really bad pain issues. She went on Minions and didn’t do it again the next few times we rode it. It’s pretty bad if you have a bad back or tailbone issues. It does a lot of “drops” and “landings.” Like the vehicle you’re in is falling and then landing or getting “caught.” My husband has a bad back and he didn’t want to do it more than once. They do have stationary seating in the front.

Forbidden Journey and Simpson ride gets them both nauseous.

My sister didn’t do Mummy and my husband didn’t want to do it again after one time because of his back.

They both do Spider-Man and Transformers. And will do them multiple times, even in a row. Both rides are very similar.

Also, Mummy is in the dark so you can’t see which way the track goes and can’t brace yourself.

They both can do Gringots ride and they both can do Hagrids. They rode those multiple times also.

Also, a side note. Fast and Furious ride you should brace yourself. One day we rode and it stopped short after a quick start, within a few seconds of the ride starting. We all got thrown forward. My sister was in a lot of pain after that.

And my daughter slammed both of her knees into the back of the seats in front of her. She has bad knees as it is and she was really hurt. We did file a complaint. They checked her out and gave us a wheelchair for the day (it was the first ride we went on.)

The ride manager said they would review the footage and see what happened and why. Not sure what happened after that.

No one called to check on her the next day etc. I know it seemed like not a big deal but it ruined her day and she had two bruised knees for a couple of days. She was basically able to walk fine the next day, or at least as well as her normal pain allows her. But the bruises still hurt.

Anyway I would brace myself on Fast and Furious and Kong. We all did after that experience. Both rides are the same style ride with no restraints.

*** EDITED TO ADD: She also had a cut on one knee from the impact. Possibly hit one of the bolts/screws on the back of the seats in front of us.

Spiderman is very similar to Transformers (same basic technology), though I think Spiderman is a tiny bit less intense. Minions is different but still may make you want to barf, so I recommend asking for the non-moving seats in the front row (and close your eyes if you start to get sick).

In my experience the #1 barf-inducing ride by far is Forbidden Journey.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter