Mini- Golf on the Dream/Fantasy???

kimpossible

DIS Veteran
I remember reading about "Goofy Golf" when the description first came out about the Dream. They talked of crooked clubs and of Max and Goofy interacting with the players. I don't see this on the plans? Am I looking wrong or was this scrapped?

It looks like there's a little golf course on Deck 13 aft. I'm looking at the deck plan in the book from AAA.

From the DCL website:

Goofy's Sports Deck on the Disney Dream is an all ages, open-air activity center located on Deck 13, Aft. Featuring a miniature golf course, virtual sports simulators and a basketball/volleyball court, it's the perfect place for kids, teens and adults to partake in active recreational fun while onboard—and to enjoy the spectacular seaside views from high atop the ship.

Miniature Golf
Go for a hole-in-one at the whimsical, Disney-themed miniature golf course. Designed by Goofy and his son, Max, the course features 9 interactive holes emphasizing various golfing lessons—with a delightful goofy twist.

Course Highlights include:

"Handling a Dog Leg" – Golfers avoid a fire hydrant and use Pluto's dog bone to guide them to the hole
"Stuck in the Rough" – Goofy shows golfers how to avoid the tall turf and steer clear of a lawn mower
"Reading the Green" – Stacks of books and a large magnifying glass are obstacles to circumvent on this undulating green
"Attacking the Green" – Golfers take a pirate's approach to sinking the putt as they maneuver their ball through various pirate-like obstacles

For avid miniature golfers, the course also boasts a Goofy and Max tee at each hole, offering twice the challenge and twice the fun. Quirky golf clubs, some crooked and bent, will challenge golfers to stay on course during competition and tournament play. And don't be surprised if Goofy or Max swings by to offer tips on club selection and stance.

Virtual Sports Simulators
Digital sports simulators are available at Goofy's Sports Deck, providing a variety of state-of-the-art virtual sports-gaming experiences that include soccer, golf, tennis and basketball. Thanks to realistic graphics and sounds, you're invited to kick, swing, throw and compete in some of your favorite active sports while out at sea—without the hassle of having to chase a ball.

Sports Courts
Looking to shoot hoops or spike volleyballs during your cruise? Goofy's Sports Deck includes a basketball court that can be easily configured into a mini-soccer pitch or volleyball court for Guests looking for some more rigorous competitive gaming action.

Also on the premises, Max's Courts are 2 mini-sized courts for little ones to enjoy soccer, basketball or group play.

Other Deck Activities

Ping Pong/Foosball – Perfect for all ages, ping pong and foosball tables are available for both experts and beginners, offering yet another reason to get in the game and have fun.
Walking Track – A walking track encircles Goofy's Sports deck, perfect for those looking for a light—and scenic—cardiovascular workout.

Disney Cruise Line is currently putting the finishing touches on Goofy's Sports Deck. Be sure to check back here soon to discover even more of the magic that's in store for you and your entire family during a one-of-a-kind Disney cruise vacation.

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/ships-activities/ships/dream/fitness-spa/goofys-sports-deck/

From the DCL website:

Goofy's Sports Deck on the Disney Dream is an all ages, open-air activity center located on Deck 13, Aft. Featuring a miniature golf course, virtual sports simulators and a basketball/volleyball court, it's the perfect place for kids, teens and adults to partake in active recreational fun while onboard—and to enjoy the spectacular seaside views from high atop the ship.

Miniature Golf
Go for a hole-in-one at the whimsical, Disney-themed miniature golf course. Designed by Goofy and his son, Max, the course features 9 interactive holes emphasizing various golfing lessons—with a delightful goofy twist.

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/ships-activities/ships/dream/fitness-spa/goofys-sports-deck/

wait a minute Goofy has a son? :eek: when did this happen? who is the mother? Clara Bell? What kind of creature is his son :confused:

Who can forget "the perfect cast"!!!:goofy:

Looks like the mini golf wraps around the aft of deck 13.

Speaking of.....funny how some hotels and ships HAVE a deck 13, and some skip over it....:confused3

Speaking of.....funny how some hotels and ships HAVE a deck 13, and some skip over it....:confused3

I think if there were staterooms on Deck 13 ... they would have skipped it. I think the superstition only applies when people are actually STAYING on floor 13. Just a guess, though.

:blush: not one where he had a son...

Nooooo, I mean the movie called "A Goofy Movie!" :lmao:

It's a good movie!

His mom died in a car crash when he was a baby apparently she was a worse driver the goofy. She is unnamed as fr as I can find online.

Yep you are right. Just found it on the virtual tour on the DCL website.

Thanks!!

So Kim...a question. I have been trying very unsuccessfully to access the deck plans/ virtual tour on DCL website for some time (actually from day one). Image(s) doesn't load?! I can view slide shows fine, but just nothing on the virtual tour tab...Strange...I obviously am missing something. Doesn't work on any of our computers :confused3

Any thoughts? Anyone else have the same issues?

Thanks in advance

Rhonda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter