Military ticket questions

NoOrdinaryPrincess

DIS Veteran
Have two questions prior to our July trip.
1) I. Previous years I remember if being a requirement that you had to stay on property to use the military tickets, but when I went to the official Disney page just now this was not listed under the requirements. Is it a requirement? We will be staying offsite.

2) I have an AP but will be traveling with friends who do not. I won't have to purchase a military ticket because of this, right?

3) if we purchase the salute tickets in advance at the base travel office can we link them to our MDE account to book FP+?

TIA!

Have two questions prior to our July trip.
1) I. Previous years I remember if being a requirement that you had to stay on property to use the military tickets, but when I went to the official Disney page just now this was not listed under the requirements. Is it a requirement? We will be staying offsite.

2) I have an AP but will be traveling with friends who do not. I won't have to purchase a military ticket because of this, right?

3) if we purchase the salute tickets in advance at the base travel office can we link them to our MDE account to book FP+?

TIA!

1. No. I stayed offsite and had my father and stepmother who were also offsite use them. Pre AP, my husband and I had both used them offsite as recently as last october.
2. Correct. I have an AP and was told due to that I did not have to purchase a military ticket, just needed my ID to activate theirs.
3. Yes. You will be given a green voucher that has a code on the back left corner, Enter that in MDE as your ticket.

We have used these tickets off and on for years and I NEVER remember that being a stipulation.

If I understand the SoG website correctly, the only one you are required to be staying on site or at SoG to get is the Stars and Stripes mega-uber-everything ticket. The Salute ticket and the discounted magic your way tickets you can stay anywhere.

My question is, if I buy them and use 2 days in January, will I still have 2 days in Jluy, or do they need to be used within a certain time frame?

When I last used the tickets, (Salute) they expired in 14 days like regular tickets.

When I last used the tickets, (Salute) they expired in 14 days like regular tickets.

I thought that as well...but I just checked our last Salute tickets to DLR, 3 day park hopper...yes I still have them! and there actually is no "time window" on the ticket. It just says its valid though 9/27/2014. Yes we did use all three days at once. Since to get the tickets, you have to enter the park, you would think if there was a time window it would be listed on the ticket. I do remember regular military discount tickets did have a time window on them, though. Maybe the Salute tickets don't. I would read the fine print on the certificate prior to turning it in for the actual ticket.

The Disney World Salute tickets are good from Oct. 1st until Sept. 27th. If you use 2 days in Oct. you can use the other 2 days in Sept. They DO NOT expire 14 days later. If you wanted to use a day in Dec. a day in Feb, a day in July and a day in Aug. you could. :thumbsup2

Here is a link with the info.

http://www.shadesofgreen.org/4DAY2011.htm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter