Military Salute tickets amidst COV-19

There will be 9 of us going in Oct. DS was able to get tics for some of us from base. They are the 5 day hoppers. It says on MDE they are certificate. I know he has to go to main ticket booth to activate. Now does he have to do this every day or are they activated the first time for the whole trip..TIA,

Just one trip to Guest Services to activate, then they are good the whole trip.

Has anyone had experience with the military salute tickets and/or resorts having blackout dates. I was told the tickets don’t and was told two different answers for the room rates. We have room only reservations in March (it’s our spring break) happens to be the week before Easter. On the military disney tips website they said they expect there to be blockout days for the tickets the weeks surrounding Easter. Kinda already assuming they won’t have military rates on our rooms for the week we’re going.

So Camp Pendleton sold tickets to me yesterday for the 5, 6 day hoppers. I asked about the September expiration and she said they still say Dec on the voucher but will have the September expiration date. I got the tickets today and linked them, they still show Dec 2020 expiration on My Disney Experience and I can't reserve a park for them because the resort reservation is for April.

So Camp Pendleton sold tickets to me yesterday for the 5, 6 day hoppers. I asked about the September expiration and she said they still say Dec on the voucher but will have the September expiration date. I got the tickets today and linked them, they still show Dec 2020 expiration on My Disney Experience and I can't reserve a park for them because the resort reservation is for April.
Hmmm...interesting. I was also interested in purchasing more salute tix for next year to reserve the parks. We have 3 from a trip scheduled before the closure and thosr have changed to the extended expiration, but I'm wondering what will happen with new tix purchased. Hopefully after a day or 2 it'll change in the system....thx for sharing your experience and pls update.

Hmmm...interesting. I was also interested in purchasing more salute tix for next year to reserve the parks. We have 3 from a trip scheduled before the closure and thosr have changed to the extended expiration, but I'm wondering what will happen with new tix purchased. Hopefully after a day or 2 it'll change in the system....thx for sharing your experience and pls update.

We had 3 tickets (vouchers) we had purchased for our May 2020 trip that we couldn't use. Those say Sept. 2021. The 2 newly added vouchers do not give that expiration. On hold with Disney to figure out what the issue is.

Are all bases now allowed to sell Salute tickets? I called mine yesterday to check, and the lady told me that they can’t sell them yet. She did say that when they get new ones, they would have the Sept. 2021 expiration date printed on them.

Are all bases now allowed to sell Salute tickets? I called mine yesterday to check, and the lady told me that they can’t sell them yet. She did say that when they get new ones, they would have the Sept. 2021 expiration date printed on them.

My local base is closed, but Camp Pendleton ships the vouchers and they are open. So they overnighted the ticket vouchers.

So I called and waited on hold for 2 hours for the CM to say just wait a couple of days to give the tech guys a chance to get to the tickets. She explained that there are teams that have to go in and manually extend the tickets and they go in order of purchase dates. I thought the computer just automatically did it from some "bulk" command, nope, there is a person manually entering in and extending tickets.

My local base is closed, but Camp Pendleton ships the vouchers and they are open. So they overnighted the ticket vouchers.
Okay. Interesting. Our base is open too; the lady just said they weren’t yet allowed to sell them. I had our tickets for this past May trip that we had to push to next May, but when they were saying they wouldn’t be extended, we returned them and got a refund in May. I really wish I would’ve just kept them 🤦🏻‍♀️

I've had my Salute vouchers linked since Feb. I had called the ticket office at WDW and was told they would change the dates, just be patient. It took awhile to see the date change.

Has anyone had experience with the military salute tickets and/or resorts having blackout dates. I was told the tickets don’t and was told two different answers for the room rates. We have room only reservations in March (it’s our spring break) happens to be the week before Easter. On the military disney tips website they said they expect there to be blockout days for the tickets the weeks surrounding Easter. Kinda already assuming they won’t have military rates on our rooms for the week we’re going.
Way back they had blackout dates or actually parks. Ie you couldn’t go to MK for example on Christmas. I don’t recall the exact dates/parks but anyway the most recent yrs have no black outs that I am aware off

UPDATE: I spoke with a ticket services CM today. He said the tickets will all be extended, even the old batch with the December 2020 expiration, so if you get an older batch even now, it will still be extended to Sept. 2021. Mine hadn’t updated so he escalated the issue and a couple of hours later the tickets showed the new extended expiration. I was able to reserve park days for each day now (already have a resort).

UPDATE: I spoke with a ticket services CM today. He said the tickets will all be extended, even the old batch with the December 2020 expiration, so if you get an older batch even now, it will still be extended to Sept. 2021. Mine hadn’t updated so he escalated the issue and a couple of hours later the tickets showed the new extended expiration. I was able to reserve park days for each day now (already have a resort).
Great news!! Do we know when all bases will start selling tickets again?

We usually buy ours at Dobbins AFB. I believe they are still closed. Anyone had any dealings with them in trying to buy? I am thinking about just contacting the SOG ticket office directly through email. Our problem is that my mom(who is the military sponsor) her military ID expired while they were closed during COVID. Will this cause a problem, I wonder, or will it be fine as long as she gets it taken care of before our trip in late Sept? Thoughts?

We usually buy ours at Dobbins AFB. I believe they are still closed. Anyone had any dealings with them in trying to buy? I am thinking about just contacting the SOG ticket office directly through email. Our problem is that my mom(who is the military sponsor) her military ID expired while they were closed during COVID. Will this cause a problem, I wonder, or will it be fine as long as she gets it taken care of before our trip in late Sept? Thoughts?
The id thing shouldn't be an issue as the military has stated all expired ids from Jan 2020 are good through Sept. 2020... we also just flew with an expired mil id and the tsa guy said they're still valid for a yr after expiration whatever that means lol.

Anyone know about giving refunds for the PH option? DSs bought 5 tics on base in February for our original trip in late April. We rescheduled for October and with the PH option no longer, well, an option, I was wondering, if PH is not reinstated by Oct., if we can be refunded the PH option cost.

Anyone know about giving refunds for the PH option? DSs bought 5 tics on base in February for our original trip in late April. We rescheduled for October and with the PH option no longer, well, an option, I was wondering, if PH is not reinstated by Oct., if we can be refunded the PH option cost.
I seriously doubt it. The Salute tickets are such a bargain with PH included even if you can't PH right now. We are happy that Disney gives us these tickets at roughly 50% of the cost of regular park tickets. The tickets are extended now until 9/ 26/2021.

Just wondering if anyone who filed out the form SOG sent to purchase tickets was contacted by them or has heard any info about tickets from them lately?

There are rumors all over some of the other threads Disney ticket sales are opening tomorrow! Maybe SOG will start contacting everyone too? (Hopefully!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter