• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Military/DVC/Gold AP

jbh275

Love VGC
Are there any military members out there that are also DVC and have purchased an AP? As a military member we are able to buy salute tickets from Shades of Green. These tickets (on base or Shades of Green) are tax free.

Next summer we are planning on buying 5 Gold DVC AP's. I called and spoke with someone at Shades, but there were not familiar with the DVC rate.

Has any military and DVC members picked up an AP and were able to save on the tax? Tax works out to $39.59 x 5 = $179.75 which is a great savings.

"DVC Member Gold Annual Pass $609.00 All Ages $648.59 w/tax"

military discount

I'm not looking for a discount (I guess in reality, no tax is a discount...) If daily tickets are purchased on base or Shades, they are tax free. But I'm not sure about AP's.

Last edited:
I'm not looking for a discount. If daily tickets are purchased on base or Shades, they are tax free. But I'm not sure about AP's.

Right

They no longer offer it that way - i have talked to SOG and to Disney directly

Just to reinforce jbh's point, military members do not save on tax for APs, whether DVC members or not. Retired AF here, and have owned DVC for 15 years. We don't buy APs every year (those military tix are usually our best bet), but when we do, we always pay tax. No way around that of which I'm aware.

But when upgrading tickets bought at SoG, do they discount the gate value of the tickets or the price actually paid?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter