Military discounts?

goofynut41

Disney Veteran
When the Military discounts come out will they be across the board or just a few resorts? In the past just a few rooms in each resort? how is this determined?

Yes Thank You, I already know about this site... But it doesn't tell really how Disney knows what kind of rooms will be discounted?

Yes Thank You, I already know about this site... But it doesn't tell really how Disney knows what kind of rooms will be discounted?
I don't think Disney shares that with anyone... this year has been difficult to get reservations. When I tried to book 2 nights at a deluxe resort for the fall all that was available was club level.

That's what makes me mad... they put the higher priced rooms on military discount and there still too high too book... For me anyway...
when they first started the military discount they put the standard room on discount and I could afford it... Oh well thats life...

If you booked a room now could you apply the Military discount to it when they come out? Not going till may 2018...

military discounts are hit and miss.

2 years ago I booked for a Dec trip and got into POR....a few weeks of calling back and all I got into Wilderness lodge.

I just tried doing military for a Oct trip this year and nothing I wanted was available. I have a trip in a week and i needed to cancel and change the dates and nothing for military was available. Military is meant to help fill rooms. So you just never know.

I only tried CL rooms for the discount and got ones for YC Std CL and CR King CL. I think I got a quote for Poly GV CL as well. I would just keep calling.

what does everyone do? 2018 in question? Book now and apply discount if there is one later or wait till Military discount is released later in the year? Its so hard waiting.....:hourglass

I normally wait. But that's me. Now if I do find a good deal even if it's not military I'll grab it and see what I can find later. That way I have something. The problem with booking now is that come the release if there is one there may not be military available for your already reservation.

We have been using the military discount yearly, sometimes twice a year, since around 2009. We have always managed to get into the resort of our choice. Sometimes we have had to go with a more expensive room category, but we still save $$ compared with Disney's discounts. Not once have we had to settle on a resort other than the one we were hoping for. Good luck!

I have never booked a room until after the discount is announced. I've always just taken my chances and hoped that the resort we want would be available. So far so good.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter