Military Discount

Klib624

Earning My Ears
Is there a military discount offered for tickets and resorts ? Do you have to be retired ? How does it work?

Is there a military discount offered for tickets and resorts ? Do you have to be retired ? How does it work?

The current military discount is 30% off value resorts, 35% off moderate resorts, and 40% off of deluxe resorts.

There are 4 day hopper passes available for about $160 (we have not purchased these, so not sure of exact price)

The promotion runs through the end of Septemeber of 2013.

You have to book the discount over the phone. :goodvibes

Ticket info can be found in this thread, post #17:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1452684

Also, resort discounts of 30% on Values, 35% on Mods, 40% on Deluxes are offered, subject to availability (not all rooms/views are available at a discount, you have to call and ask).

To qualify for both the Military Salute tickets and the resort discounts, you have to be either Active Duty military, Reservist or retired, or spouse of one of those. Military ID is required. Just being a veteran (one who served but did not 'retire') does not qualify for this promotion.

Hope this helps!

The Poly and Contemporary do not offer military discounts. I know because we just made reservations for BWI and I had inquired about those 2 resorts. So you have BWI, AKL, and the GF that do honor the 40% off if you were interested.

Military tickets are 4 day park hoppers @ 158. and adding the water park is 184.

Don't forget you can get your one day free admission for you and up to 3 dependants for Seaworld/Busch Gardens as well...so with all those discounts we got a really good deal for our vacation this year.

The Poly and Contemporary do not offer military discounts. I know because we just made reservations for BWI and I had inquired about those 2 resorts. So you have BWI, AKL, and the GF that do honor the 40% off if you were interested.

Military tickets are 4 day park hoppers @ 158. and adding the water park is 184.

Don't forget you can get your one day free admission for you and up to 3 dependants for Seaworld/Busch Gardens as well...so with all those discounts we got a really good deal for our vacation this year.

We have the poly booked at the military rate for this May. We also stayed at the poly in Oct 2010 at the military rate.

The Polynesian Resort and the Contemporary Resort absolutely both offer the military discounts. They may not be available for your preferred dates and/or room categories. This is true for all Disney resorts. It is a very generous discount, so sometimes you have to be flexible.

They absolutely do....they were probably just not available for your dates.

They absolutely do....they were probably just not available for your dates.

So be it, according to the CM I talked to when we booked with BWI went through and had availability for both at the time of our booking said they do not offer discounts. I really don't know...they had both standard views and club levels available. I, apparently, was misinformed.

Anywho, sorry for the misinformation I was given. All the other information I gave IS correct.

Enjoy the day, enjoy your trips. :wave2:

If the vet is 100 percent disabled they are also able to get the discount. We have done this the last 3 years if I am unable to get my cast discount. My husband is 100 percent and we both have military Ids.

So be it, according to the CM I talked to when we booked with BWI went through and had availability for both at the time of our booking said they do not offer discounts. I really don't know...they had both standard views and club levels available. I, apparently, was misinformed.

Anywho, sorry for the misinformation I was given. All the other information I gave IS correct.

Enjoy the day, enjoy your trips. :wave2:

Think that CM gave you bad info. We booked AKL on a military discount for late July. Never thought the rate would even be available for July (just booked two weeks ago)! We had also booked the Contemporary this past February (2013) on military discount.

As for tickets there are several discount tickets, you can do the salute, they are 4 days and you can not add on, but if you stay on site in a Disney resort or in the military hotel on site called shades of green, you can get the regular myw tickets for any number of days up to 10 days and add the water parks and hoppers onto it, or you can get the stars and stripe tickets that are length of stay tickets that include hopping and water parks ( these are what we want but they do end one day after the number of days, so if you buy a 5 days they end 6 days after first use. For us we go for two ekes and take non Disney park days and off site non park days so I wish we could use them but we need tickets that last 14 days). All these are discounted and if bought at shades of green there are no taxes.

As for hotels, the info about 30,35, and 40 % off is correct and you can use it any hotel but some hotels book up faster and once the number of rooms they hold are booked then you have to take another hotels, so yes poly is very popular so fills up faster than others.

Lastly there is shades of green across the street from poly, but is a military owned resort that is equal to a deluxe but is a lot cheaper, it is on property but not operated by Disney. If you are an honorable discharged vet you can stay here twice a year, sept and January, other wise you have to be retired, or disabled or a widow, or working for DoD, or still in military, there are a few more rules than that but that is the base idea. You can look these all up by going to the shades of green website.

You can book up to three rooms with the military discount, the three rooms do not all have to be the same category (level or view) but do all have to be at the same resort.

I have 3 CL rooms booked at the Poly for August. I booked them back in October and CL is now showing as fully booked for the period that I will be there. So most likely the Poly had no military discount rooms still available when the PP tried to book.

:( We really wanted to stay at contemporary too! I should have called back and talked to someone different...oh well we still got a great deal.

BWI club level garden suite, 3 grand less then what they were asking for the week so we are happy. We have never stayed there either so it still works out well and we are in walking distance to SWW which is why we booked in the first place.

Now that I have proper information from you guys next time I will try booking our number 1 resort.

disneyfreak33 said:
:( We really wanted to stay at contemporary too! I should have called back and talked to someone different...oh well we still got a great deal.

BWI club level garden suite, 3 grand less then what they were asking for the week so we are happy. We have never stayed there either so it still works out well and we are in walking distance to SWW which is why we booked in the first place.

Now that I have proper information from you guys next time I will try booking our number 1 resort.

Last year I wanted 3 club level rooms at the BW and there were none available with the military discount
We stay there 90% of the time and had for the past 4 years for our family trip,my husband and I treat our children and their families every year. Anyway, I wrote a letter saying how disappointed I was there were no rooms available for us. I got a phone call from guest services asking me about my letter. I explained how disappointed I was that rooms were available but not with the military rate. I explained I was more than willing to pay for the club level. My grandchildren are just in love with the cast there and they treat the kids so well. I used a travel agent so the rep told me she would contact her and see what they could do. Well, we got the 3 rooms and I had a wonderful 60th birthday with my family. I also received a very nice gift from management.

I think it helped that I wasn't looking for something for nothing.

You can book up to three rooms with the military discount, the three rooms do not all have to be the same category (level or view) but do all have to be at the same resort.

I have 3 CL rooms booked at the Poly for August. I booked them back in October and CL is now showing as fully booked for the period that I will be there. So most likely the Poly had no military discount rooms still available when the PP tried to book.

For the military MYW tickets for 6 days, is the price the same or is it discounted?

For the military MYW tickets for 6 days, is the price the same or is it discounted?

The Salute tickets are only available for 4 days. No add on allowed.

At SOG and ITT offices, they sell regular MYW tickets with a slight discount and no taxes (you can look at the SOG webpage to see what the current prices and discounts are based on how many days, WPFM, PH, Non-expire etc options) SOG also sells their Stars and Stripes ticket to people staying on site. It's like a PH/WPFM ticket that expires within 14 days and can also be bought for whatever length of stay you have. The salute are obviously the best deal but have limits (only 6 per family, black out dates, id holder must be present, etc)

The discount also works for 100% Disabled Veterans with the proper ID, we used it last August for WL CL for 10 days and we are using it in 23 days for BWI

Poly and CR do offer the discount but might not have availability during the dates you want them

My father in law is retired Navy and we've stay in 2009 at Coronado on the room discount with the salute to you tickets. Back then they offered 5 day passes. We went again renting a 2br DVC at Bay Lake Towers but still used the Salute to you tickets for 4 day tickets.

We have since bought into DVC but are out of points and my in laws want to go again with us. They can get the tickets, but does anyone know if they offer a discount for the art of animation resorts? We've considered getting two rooms side by side like we did at Coronado Springs in 2009, but I would love to check out the AOA resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!