Military discount park tickets price comparison

maddiesmommie

Mouseketeer
I got ticket price quote from MWR on base as 115$ adult 3 day park hopper and $99 child 3 day park hopper. Is this a good price? We are going May 7, so unable to take advantage of the Kids Free deal. Don't know if these passes have EE, I forgot to ask. Does anyone know how these prices compare for this timeframe? Thanks!

The online ticket price at Disneyland.com for May is:
$119 for kids (3-day)
$149 for adults

If you purchase at the parks, add $20 to the above prices.

It sounds like you got a good discount.

I used tickets that I bought at the MWR last Sept, they don't have EE. I think I've read somewhere that they don't have EE because of the discounted price that we get it at. I didn't try to use it at EE but it also did not state so on the ticket itself (which people say it should say if you have EE). But I am pretty sure you can use the MWR ticket and get EE IF you stay at one of Disney's 3 properties. They say to bring your room charge slip showing your dates of stay. I haven't found any cheaper ticket prices than those offered by my MWR (but then every MWR is different, eg, our 3 day adult pass is $112.50)

Hi All!
My Dad is retired Navy. They were thinking about going with us in April to DL. Can you buy the tickets ahead of time or do you get them at the gate with your ID? They live in Millington, TN which has a small base. Is there a way to get the tickets online if they don't sell them on base? Also, if Mom and Dad decide to forgo the trip and bought us the tickets as a gift, does the front gate check for Military ID?
Thanks for the help!

Hi,
The best advice I can give is to have him check on base.. I don't think you can purchase online because you have to show proof of eligibility-ID card. I believe that someone with a military ID has to be with your party when you enter DL,too, because they could technically ask for military ID when they see you have military discount tickets.

We went in Nov. 2005 with tickets purchased through the military. Our Aunts husband is in the Army so they bought the tickets on-line before we left. We did not have to show any ID at the gate and were never asked- I think the point is that you can not buy them unless you are in the military. We got over $25 off each ticket and with 7 people in our family that was a great savings.

it is hit and miss with the ID, we went once (before booking with a hotel package) and were asked for them.

thanks All! I definitely don't want to do anything illegal or morally wrong. Hopefully Mom and Dad will go with us.. not for the tickets but so that we can all be together!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter