military book

rvoto

My DH built me a scraproom with his very own hands
My stepson just got out of bootcamp. I thought it would be a good idea to start a book for him. right now All I have are letter so I am at the early stage has anyone done this can You give me ideas before I start and say Oh I wish I would have done that.

Of course, I would start with the album specifically for his branch of the service, navy, air force, etc. And NRN has some really nice, sophisticated 'heritage' type paper and stickers for the branches as well.

I think this will be so neat when it's done.

I did an album for my Dh from his AF career. It was a little hard to do b/c I did it as a surprise for his bday one year, so gathering the stuff together and trying to put it in chronological order was a little difficult w/o his input. Any input you can get from your stepson will be helpful. I started the title page with a 5x7 pic of him in his uniform and went from there. Basically from his enlistment papers all the way through his discharge papers and photos from our going away party. I tried to include photos and different information and memoribilia from all of the places we were stationed (different things about the towns: population, etc...) as well as places he was deployed. DH was really good about saving memoribilia from the places he went. You might encourage your stepson to save a brochure or pics or anything he gets along the way for you. I also put a lot of his patches in the album, information about his plane, awards (color copies) and other documents. He didn't seem too thrilled with it at the time b/c he had just gotten out of the AF, but recently since the war in Iraq, he has really enjoyed looking at it more often. Beansmom is right, there are beautiful albums for each branch of the service. Kay and Co. makes one and I also saw some at Hobby Lobby. You might try www.memoriesinuniform.com for military scrappin supplies and ideas as well.

Good Luck! I know your stepson will treasure this album.

Candi

Thanks for the ideas. I am sending him a camera and film and I will have him send the used home so I can develope it . I would like to keep it a suprise. He knows how nuts I am with picture taking so he may know what I am doing.

Thanks LISA:Pinkbounc

Check for SplshMtn99's post about her DH's Army album she is working on. Her signature has a link to her album. She has some great ideas in there!!

Check out www.memoriesinuniform.com for some great products!

Thanks for the info I can't wait to check it out Lisa

Poohbear -- thanks! I tried to get here earlier, but I'm having MAJOR problems with new DSL line. :rolleyes: :(

Anyway....here's my thread from a month or so ago.
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=353845

Hope it helps. His album would been SOOOOOO much easier had he known he would marry a scrapper....and he would need to have photos & info for me. LOL Also slowing us down is that he's never home lately. Currently, he's in Montana. Gets home Friday. They'll be sending him off to Washington state & Virginia again over the summer. He just got back from Arkansas & Oklahoma City.

You've got it made!!!!

I've got 21 yrs & ongoing of his full time Army National Guard career to do. :rolleyes:

Splsh --

Were your ears burning as I was typing about you!!

Have only done one page of my DH AF Album....not really sure if its Military Album material....its a page of DH & I in a formal pic at a dinner! I'll try to post tonight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter