Mickey's Philharmagic

polyqueen

Mouseketeer
This question is NOT causing me sleepless nights, but was wondering if anyone knew out of curiosity's sake as we spent 1/2 day at Magic Kingdom last weekend. Are the musical renditions in Philharmagic performed by the original actors? I was most interested in Lumiere, voiced by the late, great Jerry Orbach. Thank you for any information!

I've always assumed it's the same exact music from the soundtracks, some of it being edited for time purposes. A lot of the songs, especially Part of Your World to me personally sounds exactly the same, except part of it being edited out / skipped.

Yes, according to DisneyFanatic.com:

"The show itself features plenty of classic Disney tunes combined together under the main storyline of Donald Duck’s journey to retrieve Mickey’s Sorcerer’s Hat. Donald then travels through Disney classics including Beauty and the Beast, Peter Pan, The Lion King, The Little Mermaid, Aladdin, and Fantasia all played by the character’s original soundtracks and voices."

I wish they'd update the 3D on this attraction. I really enjoy it but the 3D is not good. I guess same goes for Bug's Life and Muppets.

I wish they'd update the 3D on this attraction. I really enjoy it but the 3D is not good. I guess same goes for Bug's Life and Muppets.

I concur. I think it's an adorable show. Even if they are not going to update the film with new songs, it would be nice if they re-did the 3D at least. However, unfortunately, they are going to keep playing the film over and over again until magically one day they decide to get rid of it all together. :(

Thank you all for your quick responses! I'm happy to hear that the soundtrack uses the unforgettable originals; an yes, a refresh of the 3-D is probably necessary now.

I concur. I think it's an adorable show. Even if they are not going to update the film with new songs, it would be nice if they re-did the 3D at least. However, unfortunately, they are going to keep playing the film over and over again until magically one day they decide to get rid of it all together. :(

I believe they have announced that it is being updated with new clips - not sure a day yet but I think in time for the anniversary - but not imminently.

This is one of my six year old grandson's favorite attractions at MK-and thankfully one we can plan for during the middle of the day when things are hot and crowded, and still have very little wait. He thinks its is hilarious, so I love it because he loves it.

Our little ones love it also. It really is very well done. A fantastic simple story to tie in great musical moments in Disney animation history.

It opened in 2003. He did not pass away until late 2004 so yes I'm guessing its his voice.
He may or may not have rerecorded the song for the attraction.
I do know that the "Part of Your World" portion was rerecorded by the voice actress specifically for the attraction but then there's obvious parts that were not like The Lion King part since he was a child when he recorded it and by 2003 would not have had the same voice.

We have seen it many times and as far as we know, it uses the original sound tracks from the films.

I believe they have announced that it is being updated with new clips - not sure a day yet but I think in time for the anniversary - but not imminently.

I thought I heard this too. They were putting in a version in Paris and I thought the changes would be implemented there. I was just reading that it opened in October and is pretty much the same, so I don't know if they are following through with that.

I thought I heard this too. They were putting in a version in Paris and I thought the changes would be implemented there. I was just reading that it opened in October and is pretty much the same, so I don't know if they are following through with that.

I just skimmed through the Disneyland Paris version and it is the exact same video.

I just skimmed through the Disneyland Paris version and it is the exact same video.

Yeah, I read about it. The only difference is that there is no Donald animatronic sticking out of the wall at the end. I remember reading though that they had planned changes. Oh well, I guess that's still just a rumor for now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter