Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party Central 2004!!!!!! =0)

Yeah...heaven help me if it rains...I'm wearing a white outfit with red felt. Mary Poppins will look as if she went swimming in Kool-aid!

Originally posted by CJK
I'm going to MNSSHP on my actual birthday. We have no children. Would it be silly to get a birthday button? I'm turning 31! :eek:

Not silly at all!

At the very least, you will get tons of "happy birthday" wishes from cast members. At the most...well, I have heard of people getting some really nice treats when they were wearing one, from free fastpasses to special seating at events. Of course, like anything "special" at Disney (that you don't pay for), it's totally the luck of the draw, how busy they are, and the attitudes of the CMs. Don't expect anything other than smiles and birthday wishes, but you never know what magical things could come from it either.

Get the button. :)

N.E.D.

Excuse my ignorance, but where do we get a button? I could probably find this answer on the CB, but I'm feeling lazy right now. ;)

Seems like lots of us October babies are celebrating in WDW.

:bday: and :cake: to us all!

Just a suggestion to anyone still looking for tickets on Ebay. Don't bid on an auction until the last moments. Bidding early only drives the prices up and you will be bidding against yourself at higher prices. I've seen 3 tickets go for $880 this week because people started bidding on day 1 of a 7 day auction. Nearly $300/ticket is ridiculous and horrifying.

Unfortunately, I've also seen a "winner" only turn around and resell the tickets one at a time. Cruel to people who actually want to go and not make a profit!

If nobody (or fewer) people bid early, the prices will be significantly lower and we'll all have a better chance at getting tickets at more reasonable prices.

Anyway just mho. Good luck to all my friends who are still looking for tickets!

JOBOMOM, i totally agree. i've been looking on ebay everyday myself looking for tickets and i find myself talking to my monitor questioning why people are bidding early on. Peace Always.

Must be the NJ water. Or the refusal to pay more than necessary that is ingrained in us all, huh?

A co-worker is also monitoring some auctions for me on ebay and we talk about how "silly" those people are for bidding early! I must admit I don't just talk to my monitor, I'm YELLING at my monitor!:mad: ::yes::

Although I am going on the 20th which I dont think will sell out, I am so glad I bought my tickets months ago and booked LTT when we did.

Originally posted by Jobomom
Must be the NJ water. Or the refusal to pay more than necessary that is ingrained in us all, huh?

A co-worker is also monitoring some auctions for me on ebay and we talk about how "silly" those people are for bidding early! I must admit I don't just talk to my monitor, I'm YELLING at my monitor!:mad: ::yes::

I am always amazed at the number of people that bid on ebay without doing anything research on what they are buying. For them, I guess money is no object.

Another good example is the Q&C Meal Vouchers...some of them go for as high as $20/ea. There is absolutely no way you'd get that much food in return for using them.

I really have to fight the urge to contact them all and tell them how much money they are wasting. But then I realize that they probably don't care. It's just the thrill of the chase that they're after. :confused:

We just got back from a quick trip to the world. We (myself and DS 9) went to the party on 10/12 and had a great time. This was our first party and I appreciate all the tips before we left. We took the boat from WL(loved that too) to the party at 4 pm. I will say that we were the only ones in costume on the boat and there were very few people prior to 7 pm. I was fine with it, but DS was fairly mortified until 7. It was so crowded at MK we only went on 2 rides between 4 to 6. I would not enter early again it was so much better after 6. Everything was a walk-on. I didn't want to take time to sit and eat, but next time we'll eat between 5 and 6. Also remember those ponchos! We were waiting for the parade before 10 and we had a torential downpour. They did have the parade eventually, but we were impatient and missed the horseman. Rats! We also had to do our pictures after the rain and we looked like 2 drowned pirates. Oh well. Oh by the way, you can walk around MK in high heeled boots and live to tell about it. Another note, if your costume is a short dress, wear shorts under it, glad I did because some of the rides are quite awkward. If I can answer any questions fire away. I will have a trip report including IOA and US, also stayed at Portifino. Thanks again for all your tips.

Mikki the pirate

Laurabearz, LOL at those shoes. Mine would definitely be on there for impracticality, but they were very cute and pirate-ish. As another good point, my feet were the only dry spot I had after the parade deluge.

Yes they do give everyone bags for trick-or-treating, they were very small according to my 9 year old DS.
Mikki

From the pictures I have seen it looks like the trick or treat bags are about 7x9 or smaller (as I am looking at a piece of paper in comparison LOL)

The girls are dressiing as Princesses so I bought princess themed bags for them... our bags are much larger and now that I think about it may drag.... hmmmmm the things one thinks of last minute!

:hyper:

Bags are provided but we brought our own Pooh and Tigger pumpkins from home (they were a hit as no one else had them). I also saw Mickey ghost pumpkins being sold throughout WDW property but didn't see the normal MNSSHP pumpkins like we had seen in previous years.

Originally posted by Jobomom
Excuse my ignorance, but where do we get a button? I could probably find this answer on the CB, but I'm feeling lazy right now. ;)

Seems like lots of us October babies are celebrating in WDW.

:bday: and :cake: to us all!

Me too. :)

You get them at Guest services at the four theme parks.

Happy birthday!

N.E.D.

DH and I are celebrating our birthdays at WDW but fall just short of being there on our birthdays.

My birthday is October 24, :bday:
We are driving down and will be leaving home that evening. It will be the 25th before we arrive at WDW.

DHs birthday is October 31, :bday:
We are leaving for home the evening of the 30th.

That is okay. We always celebrate our birthdays for the whole week that falls between the two.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day. :sunny:

Rochelle

Originally posted by Laurabearz
Shameless post to check out my countdown!

:wave:

Not shameless at all!!! You are proudly on your way! Have a zip-a-dee-do-dah time!!!!! You've earned it!

:wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter