Mickey's Halloween Party and Halloween Time Superthread 2018!!

If it still a couple inches off the ground, you should be alright. My friends and I have been the 3 Good Fairies and Maleficient for 5 years now and our skirts touch the ground and we have never had issues with CMs regarding that. I will say, depending on what princess gown you are choosing and what kind of undergarments you get (crinoline vs. hoop skirt, etc.) if may be more difficult to get on and off rides. We have very full skirts that are held up by tulle crinolines that can be collapsed and folded in on themselves. We don't have a ton of issues although SM is always a little tricky just because of how little time that you have to get into your seat and get situated. Hoopskirts will definitely be more of a hassle and something that you will want to think about.

Here's a picture just so you understand what we look like and are wearing.

What great costumes!!!! Did you make them yourselves? What fun!

I know what you mean! The new items look pretty interesting and I like the base popcorn bucket designs. I do wish they offered the purple poison apple glow cube at more than just the Carthay Circle, but I remember the green apple being the same way. Hopefully they'll get in a good number of each item so that they don't run out early in the season!

I'm going to have fun....NOT:eek:. Just bringing a backpack on this trip, now I have to attempt to find room in it for not only souvies for my cruise AND DL. I refuse to take a suitcase with me one this trip as I've always wanted to do an ulta light packing trip. HMMM may need to bring a disposable wardrobe so I can cram more Halloween goodies in it from DL to take home with me:upsidedow. I'm really looking forward to my 5 day cruise and my day at DL

I'm going to have fun....NOT:eek:. Just bringing a backpack on this trip, now I have to attempt to find room in it for not only souvies for my cruise AND DL. I refuse to take a suitcase with me one this trip as I've always wanted to do an ulta light packing trip. HMMM may need to bring a disposable wardrobe so I can cram more Halloween goodies in it from DL to take home with me:upsidedow. I'm really looking forward to my 5 day cruise and my day at DL

Bring a foldable duffle! Just in case ;)

AAAHHH! Just sat down to start planning our dining reservations and realized I bought tickets for the 10/2 party. We don't arrive to DL until 10/8. No shot at them changing the dates. Anyone interested in the tickets I have for 10/2? I have the electronic tickets ready go. Looks like I'll be buying them for 10/9 asap.
Call Disney & explain your mistake. Maybe you’ll get lucky & they’ll take sympathy on you, worth a shot!

I like the idea for a foldable duffle, unfortunately my backpack won't have room. I'd rather take a disposable wardrobe, which I've discovered the joy of on my last solo trip. I refuse bring a suitcase, because if I do I can't go to DL, and they are just a major pain to be hauling around. I want this to be a lightweight packing trip, and think I've nailed it. Just have to be careful about weight and bulkiness when buying goodies on vacation. And make sure everything fits into the backpack....

I saw online where the first of the Halloween merchandise has arrived at Disney Springs already! Some of it looks pretty cute. Has there been any sightings at DLR yet?

I like the idea for a foldable duffle, unfortunately my backpack won't have room. Just have to be careful about weight and bulkiness when buying goodies on vacation. And make sure everything fits into the backpack....
You can have your DL souvies shipped home from the stores. Then you don't have to worry about bulkiness, weight and fitting in the backpack.

You can have your DL souvies shipped home from the stores. Then you don't have to worry about bulkiness, weight and fitting in the backpack.
I pack an old barrel bag in my carry-on each trip.
When it's time to go home, I fill the barrel bag with dirty laundry and pack the souvenirs in the carry-on bag.
If we exceed the airline's carry-on limit, we check the bag of laundry.
Souvenirs are safe in our carry-on luggage.
I've found it less expensive to use this method over shipping things home.

Geemo

I like the idea for a foldable duffle, unfortunately my backpack won't have room. I'd rather take a disposable wardrobe, which I've discovered the joy of on my last solo trip. I refuse bring a suitcase, because if I do I can't go to DL, and they are just a major pain to be hauling around. I want this to be a lightweight packing trip, and think I've nailed it. Just have to be careful about weight and bulkiness when buying goodies on vacation. And make sure everything fits into the backpack....

Totally get it. But just in case, I wanted to share what I packed as an emergency bag when I went overseas in July. It's ridiculously small but holds a decent amount. Took up so little room. Never used it, but I felt better having it.

Plus there's always shipping like others said lol! Even if you have throwaway clothes, who knows what you might decide you can't live without! (Yes, I'm an enabler :cool1:)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180810-190008.png
    Screenshot_20180810-190008.png
    364.1 KB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot_20180810-185958.png
    Screenshot_20180810-185958.png
    267.2 KB · Views: 14
First off thanks for all your responses:wave:. This is supposed to be a budget trip, since I scored a screamin' deal on the cruise and ditto on the flight home. It's the main reason I got sucked into booking the cruise in the first place, and the fact I've always wanted to do a Pacific Coastal cruise solo just not this soon. The more trips I take the less souvenirs I end up buying. It's gotten to a point where for me the most fun about a trip is the experience and less about the souvenirs I bring home. All I plan to buy on the cruise is a towel, a mug, and a few other small things. Will probably end up spending alot more in DL than on the cruise. By just taking the backpack it forces me to be more aware of my packing limitations so I can buy the souvenirs I really want, and forces me to keep it light. I've become a bit of a minimalist traveler over the years, unlike the family, whom one of the kids who will remain nameless on our cruise last year ended up using up over half of my suitcase to bring home his souvenirs as he had stuffed his to the max:rotfl2:. I did splurge on a waterproof camera, as I've managed to kill 3 digital cameras in the past 5 years on trips due to humidity, so there was no way I was taking another trip without a waterproof camera. Now I don't have to worry about humidity killing another camera.

First off thanks for all your responses:wave:. This is supposed to be a budget trip, since I scored a screamin' deal on the cruise and ditto on the flight home. It's the main reason I got sucked into booking the cruise in the first place, and the fact I've always wanted to do a Pacific Coastal cruise solo just not this soon. The more trips I take the less souvenirs I end up buying. It's gotten to a point where for me the most fun about a trip is the experience and less about the souvenirs I bring home. All I plan to buy on the cruise is a towel, a mug, and a few other small things. Will probably end up spending alot more in DL than on the cruise. By just taking the backpack it forces me to be more aware of my packing limitations so I can buy the souvenirs I really want, and forces me to keep it light. I've become a bit of a minimalist traveler over the years, unlike the family, whom one of the kids who will remain nameless on our cruise last year ended up using up over half of my suitcase to bring home his souvenirs as he had stuffed his to the max:rotfl2:. I did splurge on a waterproof camera, as I've managed to kill 3 digital cameras in the past 5 years on trips due to humidity, so there was no way I was taking another trip without a waterproof camera. Now I don't have to worry about humidity killing another camera.

Which cruise are you doing? We are doing the same! Cruising from Vancouver to LA, then a Halloween party! Woohooo!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter