MickeyAnne's Wedding Report & Honeymoon TR (Updated 9/25 - End of DLR portion)

Great update! Your dress is BEAUTIUL!!! DCL is the best! We are doing DCL for part of our honeymoon, you'll have to let me know how brunch is at Palo. I've never eaten there before, but I'm sure it's amazing! Can't wait to hear more!!

I've been reading along in your PJ and now your TR. Everything looks so beautiful. I am so jealous you get to go on a Mexican Riveria Cruise(especially a Disney cruise). I really want to take a Mexican Riveria Cruise next year for DH's college graduation. Can't wait to read more. Have fun in DL and fun on your cruise.

Great update! I love the Yellow color, everyone looks beautiful in it!

Sweetie, your bridal party looked so beautiful. I remember when you decided on the yellow gowns and you wondered how they'd photograph and about the shade of them. Well, you must be absolutely thrilled with how gorgeous your colors all came together and how beautiful everyone looked in those gowns!! The flowers are really, really pretty! Stunning! Can't wait to see more!

Your honeymoon sounds like the perfect mix of busy and relaxed. I think the time you have planned at DL is the perfect amount of time. If you like jambalaya, the dish at Blue Bayou is the best I have ever tasted in my life. The Monte Christo is the signature item there, I'd say, but DH and DS split one because they knew it was huge and rich. We enjoyed every food item any of us tried there. The dress for BB is casual -- whatever you wear to the park will be fine. Oh, and there is a restaurant/takeout place in DTD that has beignets (donuts w/powdered sugar) that are to die for. And another place (Italian, maybe?) that has fabulous panini's. You have so much to look forward to! Your excursions on the cruise sound very exciting!

Oh my, what a fabulous honeymoon you have planned!!!!! Can't wait to hear about everything in your honeymoon TR :thumbsup2 :goodvibes

Oh, and I thought the yellow was seriously beautiful in your wedding!! :dance3: What a gorgeous wedding day so bring on the reception :love:
I really can't wait to DO the honeymoon TR! I am so excited to share my trip with you all - only 8 more days and I am out of here! And thanks - I just adore how the yellow ended up looking!

Great update! Your dress is BEAUTIUL!!! DCL is the best! We are doing DCL for part of our honeymoon, you'll have to let me know how brunch is at Palo. I've never eaten there before, but I'm sure it's amazing! Can't wait to hear more!!
DH and I did Palo for brunch on our last cruise and LOVED it! Thats why we decided to do it again as opposed to a dinner there (we didn't want to skip the dining rooms either). I will post pics and a report when we get back!

I've been reading along in your PJ and now your TR. Everything looks so beautiful. I am so jealous you get to go on a Mexican Riveria Cruise(especially a Disney cruise). I really want to take a Mexican Riveria Cruise next year for DH's college graduation. Can't wait to read more. Have fun in DL and fun on your cruise.
Thanks so much :goodvibes

Great update! I love the Yellow color, everyone looks beautiful in it!
My girls really did look gorgeous! It was not easy finding a yellow color that was flattering

Sweetie, your bridal party looked so beautiful. I remember when you decided on the yellow gowns and you wondered how they'd photograph and about the shade of them. Well, you must be absolutely thrilled with how gorgeous your colors all came together and how beautiful everyone looked in those gowns!! The flowers are really, really pretty! Stunning! Can't wait to see more!

Your honeymoon sounds like the perfect mix of busy and relaxed. I think the time you have planned at DL is the perfect amount of time. If you like jambalaya, the dish at Blue Bayou is the best I have ever tasted in my life. The Monte Christo is the signature item there, I'd say, but DH and DS split one because they knew it was huge and rich. We enjoyed every food item any of us tried there. The dress for BB is casual -- whatever you wear to the park will be fine. Oh, and there is a restaurant/takeout place in DTD that has beignets (donuts w/powdered sugar) that are to die for. And another place (Italian, maybe?) that has fabulous panini's. You have so much to look forward to! Your excursions on the cruise sound very exciting!
Thanks for the tips on DL - I really needed that! I am a WDW pro but DL is like a foreign land for me. I am trying not to study it TOO MUCH because I want it to be new and exciting and I don't really want a "plan" I want to play it by ear.

Hello again! Only eight more days until DH and I are off on the honeymoon - I can't wait :hyper: We are really looking forward to getting away. I have been so busy with the end of school, cheerleading tryouts and getting everything ready for a summer program that I run - and all this "house-wife" stuff isn't helping :rotfl2: I can't complain because DH and I really work as a team but goodness do I HATE ironing! Haha - This vacation will be a welcomed break and when I get back I won't be nearly as busy so I will have ample time to write my TR.

So its time to share the beginning my reception with you!!!!!! After Church, Mike and I got into the car and I literally pulled my dress up as far as I could. I was sooooo hot! We drank champagne and talked about how excited we were and then we were at the reception site. We decided to take pictures right away so that we could get to the cocktail hour. I can not WAIT to get them back from the pros and share them with you all! I should get them just after we get back from the honeymoon.:cool1:
Here are some shots of my fam, but you can sort of see the grounds in them.
ry3D30054546.jpg

ry3D3005465.jpg

There was an alter type area with white pillars that we took our pictures near - I really am so excited to see my proofs!After pictures were over, we went upstairs to the bridal suite to relax. I immediately begged my MOH to take off my shoes (which I couldn't reach) and I put on my flip flops!! This was soooo necessary. Then we bustled my dress (which made it 10 pounds heavier). Here are some pics of that process so you can see how much dress there was!
MyCamera-Weddingstuff220.jpg

MyCamera-Weddingstuff222.jpg

Here are some pics that I took upstairs before we went to the cocktail hour.
BigCam-Wedding101.jpg

self shot (of coarse!)
BigCam-Wedding095.jpg

my cousins who EVERYONE say look like my sisters
BigCam-Wedding096.jpg

my cousin who's hair I LOVED! And you can see the pearls that I gave my bridal party in this pic
BigCam-Wedding090.jpg

DH - I have more pics of him with his tongue out then I can count!
BigCam-Wedding103.jpg

baby bartenders - they were so cute
BigCam-Wedding106.jpg

close up of the flower crown
BigCam-Wedding115.jpg
j
ust way too cute for me!

Then Mike and I relaxed for a few minutes while the bridal party went down to the cocktail hour. Quiet time was nice! We ate some food, cooled off and made our way down to greet our guests. Here are some pics during the cocktail hour.
TommysCamera-Wedding022.jpg

TommysCamera-Wedding025.jpg

TommysCamera-Wedding030.jpg

TommysCamera-Wedding032.jpg

TommysCamera-Wedding033.jpg

food we didn't eat by the way - too busy mingling!
TommysCamera-Wedding046.jpg

This is the back of my dress - all bustled
TommysCamera-Wedding049.jpg

We had an apple martini filled ice sculpture and I needed to sample (I didn't drink much though, the green would have stained my dress if if I spilled which my clumsy self would!)
TommysCamera-Wedding066.jpg

The back of my hair - squished a bit from lots of hugs!
TommysCamera-Wedding070.jpg

My crazy bro again!
TommysCamera-Wedding077.jpg

My poor cousin was so preggo and such a trooper! But the dress place did a great job on her dress!Wow that was alot of pics! I am nuts!

Next up - its party time! And boy did we party! It was truly the best time I have ever had!

I love the crowns for the two flowergirls, so cute! I love how you incorporated the yellow in honor of your sister. The place where you went for your pictures was beautiful too. The reception site looks really nice too. That's funny how you mentioned you didn't get time to eat. My maid of honor told me the night before the wedding that I probably wouldn't have time to eat and I said no way! I've done a lot of events where I've had to beg the caterer afterwards to get even a small bite of food, so I filled up at our wedding. I had 3 plates of food and sampled every flavor of cake (Kris didn't even try the cake that day:rotfl: ) Hopefully, you were able to get some of the main course.

For Disneyland, Blue Bayou is pretty casual since it's an in-park restaurant. We ate there a couple of years ago and we had on our park attire- shoes and tennis shoes :goodvibes Go for the Monte Cristo if you like them, it was amazing! Goofy's kitchen is a lot of fun too. My favorite thing at Disneyland is the Matterhorn and definitely ride Pirates and Small World since they're both a little different. Pooh is different too, but I don't like their version as well. California Adventure is fun too, the Aladdin show is awesome :cool1:

love your dress bustled like that!! It's beautiful! Can't wait to hear about your party! And i'm sorry you didn't get to eat! Unfortunatly that is the norm with weddings instead of the exception!

I just wanted to say that you looked absolutely beautiful in all of your pictures!

I see that you are from NJ....where did you have your reception??

I love the crowns for the two flowergirls, so cute! I love how you incorporated the yellow in honor of your sister. The place where you went for your pictures was beautiful too. The reception site looks really nice too. That's funny how you mentioned you didn't get time to eat. My maid of honor told me the night before the wedding that I probably wouldn't have time to eat and I said no way! I've done a lot of events where I've had to beg the caterer afterwards to get even a small bite of food, so I filled up at our wedding. I had 3 plates of food and sampled every flavor of cake (Kris didn't even try the cake that day:rotfl: ) Hopefully, you were able to get some of the main course.

For Disneyland, Blue Bayou is pretty casual since it's an in-park restaurant. We ate there a couple of years ago and we had on our park attire- shoes and tennis shoes :goodvibes Go for the Monte Cristo if you like them, it was amazing! Goofy's kitchen is a lot of fun too. My favorite thing at Disneyland is the Matterhorn and definitely ride Pirates and Small World since they're both a little different. Pooh is different too, but I don't like their version as well. California Adventure is fun too, the Aladdin show is awesome :cool1:
Thanks for the DL tips!!! We are totally excited to get there and do whatever we can! I am really looking forward to Goofy's Kitchen!

And we did get to eat the main coarse!! We really decided to mingle as much as we can during the cocktail hour so we wouldn't have to take too much time from the reception itself - it was a good decision but I WISH I got to enjoy some of that food!

I just wanted to say that you looked absolutely beautiful in all of your pictures!

I see that you are from NJ....where did you have your reception??
Thank you! :goodvibes I am from northern NJ and had my reception at The Tides Estate in North Haledon! I loveeeed it!

love your dress bustled like that!! It's beautiful! Can't wait to hear about your party! And i'm sorry you didn't get to eat! Unfortunatly that is the norm with weddings instead of the exception!
I was so impressed with the way the dress bustled! YOu could barely tell - it was amazing! Its okay - I enjoyed my day sans food! :rotfl:

So, we are off to DL on Thursday!!!!!!!!!! I can NOT wait. I am almost all packed and totally ready to turn this report into a trip report! I am hoping to have lots of pics to share!!! I have had a really tough week with cheerleading (bitter vindictive parents) and this trip is coming at a great time. I just need some time away! DH and I watched the DL planning video the other night to help get us in the spirit! It was great!! And the cruise....we are super pumped to get on that boat!!!

Well, up next, is the continuation of my reception!

After the cocktail hour, I went up stairs, got a drink, breathed and then it was time to line up for introductions! My DJ was AWESOME. He made everything fun and exciting! (If anyone is doing an event in northern NJ and needs a great DJ ask me for his info because I will be using his company for the rest of my life! We got so many compliments on him from people of all ages at our event!) He lined us up and the bridal party was intoduced and then it was time for our big entrance! No pics :( I have to wait for the pro pics to come in which SHOULD be right after the honeymoon.

We did the walk through the tunnel of bridesmaids and groomsmen and then it was time for our first dance!

Our song has been "Thank You for Loving Me" by Bon Jovi since we first started dating and this is the song we danced to. I love it! I sang the entire song to him.
n617879815_876615_1907.jpg

In the middle he asked the bridal party to join us and Mike and I started to dance with two of our little guys because they were a bit nervous! We got lots of "when you having babies" comments at that point! Someday, not just yet though people!
ry3D30024245465.jpg

Then it was time for Parent Dances (no pics grrrrr)
I danced with my dad to "My Wish" by Rascal Flatts and DH danced with his mom to "Not While I'm Around" by Barbra Streisand. I am waiting for Mike's uncle to forward me some shots of the dances because he actually got some. I will share when I get them.

Then it was party time. It was just awesome. Music was great, crowd was amazing! We just had an AMAZING time. Here are some fun shots of the many many many I have.
BigCam-Wedding116.jpg

Again, the kids were amazing and they danced in the arms f almost everyone at the party!!
BigCam-Wedding118.jpg

BigCam-Wedding119.jpg

THis is my MOH and her fiance - her wedding is in October and I am her Matron of Honor! THey are highschool sweethearts!
BigCam-Wedding127.jpg

TommysCamera-Wedding105.jpg

TommysCamera-Wedding114.jpg

PiccCam-Wedding295.jpg

TommysCamera-Wedding081.jpg

TommysCamera-Wedding082.jpg

Then it was time for cake. We had chocolate cake with chocolate mouse. I wasn't a fan of the way the cake looked (I like the look of fondant which they don't use at my venue and I was NOT about to spend more money for it) but it tasted spectacular! Here are some shots of the the cake cutting.
PiccCam-Wedding290.jpg

PiccCam-Wedding293.jpg

PiccCam-Wedding294.jpg

By the end of the night, I was exhausted!!!! It was agreat day but I just had to sit! This is what happened when I sat myself on the dance floor (notice my older brother with the crooked glasses and the drink still in his hands??? He was not as drunk as he looks haha! He was so fun!)
n617879815_876650_4505.jpg

n617879815_876706_4672.jpg

So it was PERFECT. The whole day! I can not wait to see the video! I could not have wished it to be better then it was!

Here are some last detail shots. Its really me being a dork because a friend of mine would NOT stop snapping pics of me BUT they really do a great job of showing you the detail of everything! :rotfl2:
TommysCamera-Wedding104.jpg

The bodice
TommysCamera-Wedding107.jpg

Earrings and my reaction to be pulled away from the dance for AGAIN by DMIL (thats a story for another day!)
TommysCamera-Wedding124.jpg

Earrings and my reaction to the fact that my friend dance 3 times!
TommysCamera-Wedding132.jpg

The fact that my arms are now JACKED because I had to hold that dress up all night!
TommysCamera-Wedding133.jpg

The tiara!

So thats all!!!! My next entry will be the first day of my honeymoon!!!!!!!!! :cool1: I am soooo excited. Be back on July 7th! Be well until then everyone!

OMG you are too stinking cute!!! I love the pic of you all on the floor,so adorable!!! your bodice was gorgeous,loved it!!!!!

My best friend is using pale yellow for her wedding next June..I loved your colors!!!

Have a great honeymoon!!! I can't wait to hear all about it!!!!! I'm sending you some PIXIE DUST!!!!

What a great day you had! I can't wait to hear all about your Honeymoon in DisneyLand!!

Oh, sweetie! Everything looked absolutely perfect! You all looked like you were having the party of a lifetime and I am so happy everything went really well for you. You looked gorgeous right through to the end. :worship: Wishing you a lifetime of happiness starting with a honeymoon chock full of pixie dust! pixiedust:

Hi Tonianne! I have so enjoyed reading your report. I remember seeing you over on the cruise boards, and when I saw your report, I knew I had to read it.
You were a gorgeous bride, and your dress was amazing! Everything about your wedding was absolutley perfect, and I can't wait to hear about the honeymoon!
Thanks for posting!

Thanks for sharing your pictures. Everything was so beautiful and you looked beautiful too! I was just curious where the reception was? It looks like such a pretty place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter