Mickey toppers - why does this drive me nuts??!!

Colleen A.

<font color=green>Disney Planning Maniac!<br><font
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Mickey toppers. :p It's just that when I see them on other cars and Mickey is sitting sideways, I have uncontrollable urge to face him forward!!! :eek: Oh gosh, do you think I might need therapy?? :rolleyes:

No, it is totally unacceptable on the other driver's part. I was ashamed to find my sunshine Mickey leaning backwards on my antenna this morning.

OMG Mine IS sidewards!! It turned that way on it's own and I figured it was more aerodynamic that way. Ya know, without those big old ears catching the full front of the wind. I'll fix him today, I promise.

Do you ever look over at your antenna and it's bent over A LOT when you are going fast?

Originally posted by d.kurz
Do you ever look over at your antenna and it's bent over A LOT when you are going fast?

:eek: My antenna (with a Mickey Topper and lime green ribbon on it) actually BROKE off on one of my trips back from FL :rolleyes: ...gee, was I going THAT fast?? :p

im sorry im sorry im sorry
im going out RIGHT now to go face him forward

he's all better now - thank you

Welcome to the obsession that is Disney. We do have a twelve-step program available though. :)

I haven't noticed the antenna bending with our Mickey, even when we were headed down to WDW and DH was going a tad to fast for comfort (especially since we were towing a camper at the time!!:eek: ). Maybe it's because we have Stitch sitting down aways on the antenna as well...he balances out the load:p
Now, when we used to have the Goofy antenna hugger on there! Yikes :earseek: He would bend down so far and bang into the passenger side window, I thought it was going to break the window!! :bounce:

PandyPaws, THAT'S what I'm always worried about...that the antenna will break!

LOL about the Goofy one banging on the passenger side, Colleen!

Mine is a little crooked- I liked him better that way... I'm sorry if it bugs you! But if you did fix it, I'll probably put it back they way I had it. I'm not sure why- he just looked better to me a little twisted.

WELCOME TO THE CLUB COLLEEN!!!!!! I can't STAND it when my topper is not facing the proper way and isn't straight. And I swear it gets that way from people looking at it and they move it!!!!!!

Speaking of toppers.....I just got some new great ones you guys.....well, they are on their way here. I just won a Finding Nemo Shark and Fish and Mickey heads that look like - soccer ball, baseball, basketball, golfball, and Uncle Sam!!!!! I CAN'T WAIT TIL THEY GET HERE!!!!!

Do you guys have large collections of these? How do you display them?

We usually change them either by the season (Halloween, Xmas) or every month or so! :bounce: I just took the patriotic one down (is it me or does that one fade really fast?? :mad: ) and have put Mickey with the shorts and feet back up. :p

The patriotic one does fade really quickly. I have a compartment on the ceiling of my caravan that would probably hold some expensive piece of equipment if I had one, but it's empty so I store my Mickey heads in there. I love it when people reach up and say "what's in this compartment?" I just don't respond and let them open it and the Mickey heads rain down!!

:tongue: Too funny! :bounce:

I was cleaning out the van last weekend. I opened the glove box...only to find 3 toppers sitting in there!! :eek: DH's response..."just in case"....! Gotta have back up!! ;)

Originally posted by d.kurz
Usually I just see his shadow when I'm driving. :teeth:

I only have 23 of them... That's not an addiction, right? That's including the 7 I bought off eBay last week... I just need 3 more so I can rotate every two weeks...

Sorry, but my MM head is sideways because my fruitloop of a dh thinks it will lower my gas mileage if he faces the front!! :rolleyes: If it was up to him, there wouldn't be one there at all! :eek:

Originally posted by December99
Speaking of toppers.....I just got some new great ones you guys.....well, they are on their way here. I just won a Finding Nemo Shark and Fish and Mickey heads that look like - soccer ball, baseball, basketball, golfball, and Uncle Sam!!!!! I CAN'T WAIT TIL THEY GET HERE!!!!!

Chris,

If I didn't love you I'd hate you! ;)

My 15 year old dd looked at our Mickey topper yesterday when she got in the car & said "Mom - I think Mickey wants to go home!:Pinkbounc Little did she know I had booked us for a week with the Fairytale Magic package in July. We're taking our Mickey home for a visit!:Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter