• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mickey food for party

kmom

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone - I am having a Disney Celebration in my home and plan to serve as much as I can that has the Mouse or the Mouse House involved. I have the Dole Whip recipe and heard I can get Mickey shaped chicken nuggets at Costco. I have a cookie cutter to make Rice Krispy treats like they sell with chocolate. I am hoping to get a few more recipes or things I can make that are easy! :thumbsup2 I wouldlove to know if anyone can tell me how to make the dipped pretzel rods like at Goofy's candy store - they are YUMMY! :lovestruc THANKS!!!! :worship:

Sounds yummy!!!

Dipped pretzel rods are super easy. I put a bag of chocolate chips in a bowl and melt them by cooking them for 30 sec at a time, then stirring, in a microwave until they are melted. While this is happening I put my toppings on a plate to get them ready.

When the chocolate is melted I dip the sticks in or use a spoon to spread the chocolate onto the pretzels. Then, while the chocolate is still warm, roll it over the plate with the toppings. You can always take a little spoon and drizzle more over it for the drizzled effect if you want.

I usually make these for my diabetic dad but with sugar free chocolate and toppings like nuts for Christmas. He loves them!

Thanks! Those directions were super easy - JUST what I need! :thumbsup2 I am making lots of notes and found Disney Pasta yesterday at Wal Mart! :woohoo:

Could you send me the Dole Whip recipe? I'm hosting a Disney luau in May and this would be perfect!

On Disney treats - also check your supermarket for Mickey shaped burgers and cheese slices. We have those at our local supermarket!

Could you send me the Dole Whip recipe? I'm hosting a Disney luau in May and this would be perfect!

On Disney treats - also check your supermarket for Mickey shaped burgers and cheese slices. We have those at our local supermarket!

Of course - this is super easy and totally YUMMY!

Ingred:
2 cans (20 oz ea) DOLE crushed pineapple
2 TBS lemon juice
2TBS lime juice
1/3 cup sugar
1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped

Instructions:
Drain pineapple; reserve 2 TBS juice - set aside

Place pineapple, lemon juice, lime juice, sugar and reserved pineapple juice in blender - cover and blend till smooth.

Pour into two 1-quart freezer bags. Store bags in freezer for 1-1/2 hours or till slushy.

Stir pinapple slush gently into whipped cram until slightly blended in large bowl.

Return back to freezer till completly frozen - about 1 hour and serve! :thumbsup2

Thanks so much! If I come up with any other ideas or recipes for you I'll post.

There is a long running Disney recipe thread right in this forum! It has tons of great recipes, reviews/feedback. There is also an Index so you can see if your favorite recipe is listed.
I'm sure you could find a ton of inspiration there! :thumbsup2

EDIT: here is the link to the recipe thread... http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1575103

Thanks kmom! I tried the Dole Whip out this weekend to see how it went. It is soooo close to the park!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter