Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway opens March 4th!

I’m here for a quick one day visit today after a business trip in Orlando. I rope dropped Mickey and got a boarding pass for Rise. I was through security and in line at about 6:20, but switched lines at about 6:30 when the CM working that line told me one of the tapstiles wasn’t working. I also stopped at the restroom after I got into the park. They started letting people into the interior queue for Mickey at about 7:45, but allowed people who wanted to wait outside to get a boarding pass to stand right outside of the door. I was able to get boarding group 11, the CM let those of us who were outside right in, and I was on and off the ride by 8:10. It was a pretty easy experience and today was pretty busy.

Every time I check the app it shows this ride down. I hope the bugs get worked out soon

My friend will have his own hot spot active for us to use to try and acquire a boarding group... so, if we’re in the MMRR and happen to be inside (at least the queue portion of the Chinese Theatre, not the attraction itself), does anybody know if networks work inside that portion of the building or not?

Someone posted on another thread that were able to get a BG while actually riding MMRR, they got a backup group (I think in the 70s) while another person near them got BG9. While I’m sure it’s possible to get a connection inside the building, I think you also have an increased risk of slower connection, interference in signal, etc plus you are distracted and probably not moving efficiently in line or enjoying your experience. I’d just get in line for MMRR and if it’s not yet 8am when you are approaching the building, then step to the side before entering to let people go ahead of you while you wait and secure BG. Sounds like plenty of people did that today and CMs were efficient to funnel them back into line afterwards.

Getting a boarding group is stressful enough. I wouldn’t add in any layer of complication myself. I just don’t need the added stress

Any idea of throughput yet, if it doesn't break down?

A Disney source told Martin Smith (martinsvids on YouTube) that the theoretical capacity is 2400. With Trains of 32, that indicates that the ride cannot dispatch more frequently than 48 seconds to maintain sufficient clearance between the vehicles.

Martin’s guess was 1800-2000 actual operating capacity.

I’m slightly more optimistic, as I don’t think they’ll struggle to hit the 48 second dispatch intervals most of the time (especially with a separate ADA load), but at the end of the day, it’s going to come down to how full they get the trains. If they seat a lot of groups of 3, it may be closer to that 1800.
Len Testa (owner of Touring Plans) said on the WDWMagic boards that they've been counting in the 1500s in terms of riders/hour. His understanding is that the capacity is not much more than that. So that's a disappointment. And should change the long-term Rope Drop plan - if this is in fact the case, then MFSR is the highest capacity Tier 1 attraction and MMRR is less likely to see its current crowd levels die down, making it a better candidate for RD or FP+ than MFSR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter