Miami Airport

Loftus

Don't vote...it only encourages them.
Just in case I need to- Whats it like flying into Miami airport, picking up a car and driving West?

Ta

...... we've done this a few times. It is a bit of a scrum getting the busses that ferry you to the hire car pick up ( particularly after the luxury of picking your car up from Dollar at Orlando airport), and frankly, if you are using Alamo, we were disappointed with them last year.
Getting through Passport Control and Customs is very efficient there - we were surprised how swiftly we got through at the height of the foot and mouth scare.

However, when you say West do you mean over to the Gulfside? That's fairly straightforward. Where are you heading for?

we are flying into Miami this year and then driving up to Orlando, and I know fiona R did this as well - I would rather fly into Orlando, but the flights were cheap, so we will do the drive!

Bev

We flew into Miami as the price was so good, and as we flew earlier in the day, got to Orlando the same time as last year with a 4 hour drive, that was really easy up the Turnpike.

As we had offsite with Alamo at both MCO and MIA there was no real difference, ie a scrum for the bus, but we cleared Miami much faster overall. There were no queues either time for the hire car.

The downside was going home on a 5pm flight, so there was no "last day" but that was the only real downside.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter