Miami activities for family with toddlers

Nicnicnic.nic

Mouseketeer
Will be sailing out of Miami. We plan to drive and want to get there a little early (at least arrive the day before) and maybe leave a little late (night after or next day maybe) after the cruise to see Miami. But what should we do?? Our kids will be 4yo and 1.5yo

I will be going with a 4.5 year old and 1.5 year old as well August 29th! My 1.5 year old is super crazy so I'm nervous but fingers crossed it will be okay. Love this post! Following for Miami advice

I will be going with a 4.5 year old and 1.5 year old as well August 29th! My 1.5 year old is super crazy so I'm nervous but fingers crossed it will be okay. Love this post! Following for Miami advice
Lol what a coincidence. We actually aren't sailing until September 2023. I just have fun planning. Especially since I'm currently on maternity leave and sleep way less so more time on my phone.

Anyway please update me about your trip! I hope you have so much fun. What kind of cruise are you going on? Will it be the kids first cruise? What activities are you looking forward to on the ship/ports?

Also I just saw your name. Are you a pharmacist? Because I am also which would be even funnier

Lol what a coincidence. We actually aren't sailing until September 2023. I just have fun planning. Especially since I'm currently on maternity leave and sleep way less so more time on my phone.

Anyway please update me about your trip! I hope you have so much fun. What kind of cruise are you going on? Will it be the kids first cruise? What activities are you looking forward to on the ship/ports?
It will be the kids first time both flying and cruising and my first Disney cruise. We booked on the Dream. So far we have a dolphin encounter booked for my 4 year old daughter in Nassau and the Bibbity Bobbitty boutique. I'm hoping to do the nursery with my 1.5 year old so hubster and I can have a few adult hours. I'm concerned because my son can't go in the pools and I'm worried he will get bored of the splash pad. He is also a climber and I'm terrified of our balcony room but I want to hopefully put him to bed and have some wine on the balcony while they sleep. I'll just keep it locked while they are awake. And right now he is tantrum central so I'm hoping it's not just a hot mess week. But I'm going to set all those worries aside and make the most of it whatever happens!.

It will be the kids first time both flying and cruising and my first Disney cruise. We booked on the Dream. So far we have a dolphin encounter booked for my 4 year old daughter in Nassau and the Bibbity Bobbitty boutique. I'm hoping to do the nursery with my 1.5 year old so hubster and I can have a few adult hours. I'm concerned because my son can't go in the pools and I'm worried he will get bored of the splash pad. He is also a climber and I'm terrified of our balcony room but I want to hopefully put him to bed and have some wine on the balcony while they sleep. I'll just keep it locked while they are awake. And right now he is tantrum central so I'm hoping it's not just a hot mess week. But I'm going to set all those worries aside and make the most of it whatever happens!.
I'm debating whether or not to do the BBB. I'm going to wait until closer and just see how princess crazy she'll be by then. She is VERY princess crazy now but doesn't always like to go to the nail salon with me and doesn't like people touching her hair.
I was so excited to see the nursery was open again. That's what pushed me over the edge to book it. The idea of having kid time but also adult time...and even alone time just sounds amazing

I'm debating whether or not to do the BBB. I'm going to wait until closer and just see how princess crazy she'll be by then. She is VERY princess crazy now but doesn't always like to go to the nail salon with me and doesn't like people touching her hair.
I was so excited to see the nursery was open again. That's what pushed me over the edge to book it. The idea of having kid time but also adult time...and even alone time just sounds amazing
Bahaha omg what are the odds you work at Kroger too! That's awesome! 😊

My girl is all girly girl and loves to get her hair and nails and makeup done. My concern is I'm hearing since covid it's only a pseudo boutique. Like they won't do makeup and cut back a lot of stuff but still charge a lot so I'm on the fence. I booked it and I'll decide later.

Will definitely keep you posted how it goes!

The frost science museum would be a great choice for a daytime activity for the kids and it’s located near the port.

The beach is a natural option. There’s also a children’s museum. My kids have always loved those - we usually go to the one in whichever city we’re visiting. We’re planning to take them to Little Havana for lunch, also.

Both the Frost and Children's museum are excellent. We also really enjoy Zoo Miami. You might also consider a trip to the Everglades and/or an airboat ride.

We have done Miami twice. First time I did Miami Beach and it was a really nice couple days. Good cuban food. Beach walking distance.

This April we were priced out of Miami Beach so stayed in the Brickell area near the port and it was not the greatest. No beach nearby, mediocre overpriced/not authentic cuban food, and the whole area felt a bit grimy (lots of trash in the streets and the water). Next time I will budget more and stay in Miami Beach again.

We have done Miami twice. First time I did Miami Beach and it was a really nice couple days. Good cuban food. Beach walking distance.

This April we were priced out of Miami Beach so stayed in the Brickell area near the port and it was not the greatest. No beach nearby, mediocre overpriced/not authentic cuban food, and the whole area felt a bit grimy (lots of trash in the streets and the water). Next time I will budget more and stay in Miami Beach again.
Do you remember which hotel you stayed at near Miami Beach?

Both the Frost and Children's museum are excellent. We also really enjoy Zoo Miami. You might also consider a trip to the Everglades and/or an airboat ride.
I thought about the Everglades. I am very curious to see it. I'm a fan of Carl Hiaasen's books and a lot of them have many scenes in the everglades. But I hate bugs and so does my daughter so I don't know if we would just be worried about bugs the whole time.

The beach is a natural option. There’s also a children’s museum. My kids have always loved those - we usually go to the one in whichever city we’re visiting. We’re planning to take them to Little Havana for lunch, also.
I'd only want to go to the beach if the hotel was in walking distance. With a young toddler just seems too hard without knowing about where to do diaper changes plus the sun and heat. I don't know... maybe I should just worry less. lol. We will definately be going to Little Havana for food and hopefully live music. Do you have any suggestions for restaurants?

I'd only want to go to the beach if the hotel was in walking distance. With a young toddler just seems too hard without knowing about where to do diaper changes plus the sun and heat. I don't know... maybe I should just worry less. lol. We will definately be going to Little Havana for food and hopefully live music. Do you have any suggestions for restaurants?

Latin American for an authentic Cuban food cafe

Will be sailing out of Miami. We plan to drive and want to get there a little early (at least arrive the day before) and maybe leave a little late (night after or next day maybe) after the cruise to see Miami. But what should we do?? Our kids will be 4yo and 1.5yo
Bayfront Park is near the Intercontinental Miami hotel and close to the cruise port.

I don’t think there is anything to do in Miami for toddlers. Kidding, not kidding.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter