mgm crowds 11/11/04

jbhess

Earning My Ears
We will be visiting MGM on Thursday, Nov.11th. I know it's Soap weekend, but we were hoping the crowds wouldn't be so bad on Thursday. Can anyone tell me what to expect? TIA

We'll be there the same day. I don't have any crowd info for you, but whatever it's like, you guys won't be alone. ;)

But they only shows by the week, right? I'm going to be there the 11th as well and was wondering the same thing. I know the weekend will be crowded, but I'm crossing my fingers it won't be too bad until Saturday.

It's nice to know we're not alone! Besides wait times I'm wondering how early to line up for Fantasmic on thursday night. We originally thought about getting the dinner package, but decided not to because many of the threads about this subject said the section reserved for the package wasn't too great. We were planning on getting there at 9am and staying through until Fantasmic. We usually visit Disney in November because of the smaller crowds but with SSW and all the people rescheduling from the hurricanes I'm afraid it will be like visiting in June. I'm hoping the other parks won't be too crowded like MGM. Any thoughts?

That weekend is also the finale of the F&W Festival. Festival of the Masters will be going on at DTD. We were there last year at this time. The park that seemed really crowded on 11/11 was MK. Remember that this is Veteran's Day so some schools are closed. That being said, we will be at MK that day since it is my DS's birthday and he wants to go there. Here's hoping that things are too bad -- it is WDW after all!

Although November is Value Season, I've been wondering how crowded the parks will be. The weather forecast seems to be really great in the low to mid 80's, and there are events like Super Soap weekend, and F&W festival wrapping up just after Veterans Day.

I'd love to hear from anyone who has just returned on how busy you found the parks in the last couple of weeks.

We were there last year for soap weekend. We got to MGM about Noon on Saturday, the day we arrived in Orlando. The lines for the stars were long but since we weren't there for that, we didn't have to stand in the long line. The lines for the attractions weren't bad at all. Some of the rides and areas were closed so the stars could be there signing pictures.

My family will be at MGM that day too. :p
I am hoping the crowd will not be too bad. I will also be one waiting for Fantasmic. We tried the dinner package last year and were not impressed with the seats. So we decided this year just to wait in line like everyone else.
Hey, let's all wear our lime green ribbons so we can meet each other!:D

We will be at MGM on 11/11 as well!!!! We will also be waiting in line for Fantasmic....we are having an early dinner at 50's Prime Time (DS's favorite!!)

We can't wait!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter