Menu questions, I’m so confused

NatsFan78

Mouseketeer
These are probably all stupid questions so forgive me. I am trying to plan out meals and figure out my budget. I noticed some menus have a section with drinks offered and their price while others do not mention drinks at all. Are drinks included in the meal price if the menu doesn’t have a list of drinks with prices? Also, do most of the places serving burgers and fries include the fries or are they separate? Can I get the burgers plain?

For example, Connections Eatery in Epcot has an American Classic Burger with lettuce, pickle, tomato, cheddar, roasted garlic spread on a toasted bun for $11.99. It doesn’t say anything about including sides. They do have a list of sides in a different section that includes fries for $4.49. Does that mean I have to order the fries separate and the burger doesn’t come with anything? Can I order it with nothing but cheese?

Another example, Via Napoli in Epcot doesn’t mention drinks at all on the menu. Does that mean they are included in the price of the meal?

Thank you for your help.

These are probably all stupid questions so forgive me. I am trying to plan out meals and figure out my budget. I noticed some menus have a section with drinks offered and their price while others do not mention drinks at all. Are drinks included in the meal price if the menu doesn’t have a list of drinks with prices?
Drinks are rarely included in the meal price. For budgeting assume you'll pay for each drink.
Also, do most of the places serving burgers and fries include the fries or are they separate? Can I get the burgers plain?
Most places fries are separate. Yes, you can get the burgers plain.
For example, Connections Eatery in Epcot has an American Classic Burger with lettuce, pickle, tomato, cheddar, roasted garlic spread on a toasted bun for $11.99. It doesn’t say anything about including sides. They do have a list of sides in a different section that includes fries for $4.49. Does that mean I have to order the fries separate and the burger doesn’t come with anything? Can I order it with nothing but cheese?
The American Classic Burger does not include sides. That means have to order the fries separate and the burger doesn’t come with anything.
Another example, Via Napoli in Epcot doesn’t mention drinks at all on the menu. Does that mean they are included in the price of the meal?
It is odd that drinks are not on the menu. But they are not included in the price of a meal.

Drinks are rarely included in the meal price. For budgeting assume you'll pay for each drink.

The American Classic Burger does not include sides. That means have to order the fries separate and the burger doesn’t come with anything.

It is odd that drinks are not on the menu. But they are not included in the price of a meal.

Where do I find drink prices for places they are not listed on the menu? Is the refillable mugs only a resort thing? So I am assuming unless it actually says sides included of drinks included I will need to add in for that. Thank you for your help.

Where do I find drink prices for places they are not listed on the menu? Is the refillable mugs only a resort thing? So I am assuming unless it actually says sides included of drinks included I will need to add in for that. Thank you for your help.

Are you looking at quick service or table service? The great thing about quick service is that many (not all) of them offer mobile ordering. So, you can pull up your My Disney Experience app tomorrow when the restaurants are open and pretend to order food. Just don't click submit. It'll let you walk all the way through the ordering so you'll see what options you have, drink prices, what things come with, etc.

For table service, iced tea and soda seems to be about $4 (with refills - and we always get one to-go, too, at those prices!).

Refillable mug is for resorts only - you just have to decide if you'll drink enough soda while at your hotel to justify it. We never buy them, but we aren't soda drinkers (and the Peak Tea at the resort quick service spots is not my thing).

Are you planning on soda/tea/non-alcohol or other drinks?
If just soda, use the same price at each location
It's pretty standard resort wide. At least close enough
If you are looking for wine/beer, etc that may be tougher

Some of the restaurants are not Disney owned and I think they are the ones that have less info regarding beverages on the App menus than Disney owned

Are you looking at quick service or table service? The great thing about quick service is that many (not all) of them offer mobile ordering. So, you can pull up your My Disney Experience app tomorrow when the restaurants are open and pretend to order food. Just don't click submit. It'll let you walk all the way through the ordering so you'll see what options you have, drink prices, what things come with, etc.

For table service, iced tea and soda seems to be about $4 (with refills - and we always get one to-go, too, at those prices!).

Refillable mug is for resorts only - you just have to decide if you'll drink enough soda while at your hotel to justify it. We never buy them, but we aren't soda drinkers (and the Peak Tea at the resort quick service spots is not my thing).

We have a mix of both table service and quick service on our list. Our plan is to have one table service meal a day. I didn’t realize I could get that far with the mobile ordering. That’s brilliant, thank you! I will do that this afternoon. Most of us drink too much soda so I think we would definitely come out ahead with the resort mugs.

Our list right now:

Cosmic Ray’s
Liberty Tree Tavern
‘Ohana
Restaurantosaurus

Rainforest Cafe
Cinderella’s Royal Table
Rosie’s All-American Cafe
Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater

Regal Eagle Smokehouse
Via Napoli Ristorante
World Premier Food Court
T-Rex Dinner

Tusker House Breakfast
Refreshment Port
Connections Eatery

We will not eat at all of the quick service but we do have reservations for the table service restaurants. Thank you for your help.

Are you planning on soda/tea/non-alcohol or other drinks?
If just soda, use the same price at each location
It's pretty standard resort wide. At least close enough
If you are looking for wine/beer, etc that may be tougher

Some of the restaurants are not Disney owned and I think they are the ones that have less info regarding beverages on the App menus than Disney owned

We would only be getting soda. None of us drink any type of alcohol. I wish they would include everything on the menu, that is a little annoying. Thank you for your help.

The burgers at Connections very much come with a choice of side, either fries, coleslaw, or side salad. Most quick service entrees, especially sandwiches, come with choice of side, usually fries or chips. There are a few exceptions like d-luxe at Disney Springs, but it seems more the exception than the rule.

As far as drinks go, assume you will pay around $4-5 for a drink at any restaurant. Drinks are usually only included at certain fixed price table service restaurants.

OP, where are you looking to see the menus?

I like to look at https://allears.net/dining/menu/
I find it easier to browse than the Disney website.

Just know that they may not be as up to date as the Disney menus. They try, but it's not like they're hitting every restaurant every day - so until they go to one that has a change or info on the socials hits about a change, they may be slightly behind updates. But it's a good way to get an idea.

Just don't build a meal around one item which may or may not be there (even if menus ARE up to date - I know last July there were several drinks still on the menu at Nomad Lounge that they could not make because they didn't have the primary liquor for it).

Sales tax is not included in the prices you see. Add another 6.5% to the total and, at the TS places, figure in your tip as well.

If you're not traveling for a while, the prices may all go up. They've been steadily rising during the last year.

If you and your family like popcorn, consider getting a popcorn bucket at the beginning of your trip, because the refills are only $2.25 or so.

Your better off just looking at the menus on the Disney website. Allears is horrendous at updating there menus. DFB guide is a litte better but they still show burgers at contempo cafe that were removed awhile ago. I found so many wrong menus throughout the various Disney blogs when I was researching I just stuck with the Disney website.

At least, AllEars notes at the top of each menu in what month and year it was last updated.

The Disney menus don't seem as bad about seasonality anymore as they once were. Around 5 years ago, things listed were samples of what you might get at a given restaurant. Some clearly included spring or summer ingredients. Several we ate at on a November trip had almost nothing shown on the online menu. We'd each had a dish we were eager to try, but they weren't actually being served then.

I think Disney may be updating more often now that mobile ordering is common.

I'd still check both for ideas of what may be served and not expect them to be precisely like the one you get in the restaurant for TS especially.

Thank you everyone for your help! My daughter read that the price for soda was going up to $5.99 each. I hope that is not accurate. I had been looking at the menus on the Disney website, I figured they would be the most accurate. I was also using the touring plans site. Now I am using the MDE app for quick service restaurants. We arrive September 9 so hopefully prices will not go up again before we go. For table service I am adding 6.5% to the subtotal for taxes and 18% to the subtotal for gratuity.

For quick service, you can get cups of water for free. It will be hot in September, so you might think about everyone drinking water in the parks and getting the daily soda fix from the refillable mugs, you don’t say how many people you have, but if you have 3 people skipping the sodas would save you almost $19 per meal.

For quick service, you can get cups of water for free. It will be hot in September, so you might think about everyone drinking water in the parks and getting the daily soda fix from the refillable mugs, you don’t say how many people you have, but if you have 3 people skipping the sodas would save you almost $19 per meal.

I am taking an insulated cup for each of us. I will have a Designer Park bag to carry them. We plan to refill it with water throughout the day. We will have 5 adults, a 10 month old, a 2 year old, and a 3 year old. Skipping the soda inside the parks is a great idea. I hope I can convince the other four. I don’t like drinking soda when it is really hot anyway. Thank you for your help.

I am taking an insulated cup for each of us. I will have a Designer Park bag to carry them. We plan to refill it with water throughout the day. We will have 5 adults, a 10 month old, a 2 year old, and a 3 year old. Skipping the soda inside the parks is a great idea. I hope I can convince the other four. I don’t like drinking soda when it is really hot anyway. Thank you for your help.
You could just fill your refillable mugs at the resort in the morning and take them to the parks. That way you'd have at least one refillable mug full of soda for the day.

You could just fill your refillable mugs at the resort in the morning and take them to the parks. That way you'd have at least one refillable mug full of soda for the day.
I think we might do water in the parks and the refillable mugs at the hotel. Thank you.

Thank you everyone for your help! My daughter read that the price for soda was going up to $5.99 each. I hope that is not accurate. I had been looking at the menus on the Disney website, I figured they would be the most accurate. I was also using the touring plans site. Now I am using the MDE app for quick service restaurants. We arrive September 9 so hopefully prices will not go up again before we go. For table service I am adding 6.5% to the subtotal for taxes and 18% to the subtotal for gratuity.
How close does this estimate need to get? It’s sounding like you need it pretty close if you are down to counting soda. If so, I suggest adding 10% to any figure you come up with because it may well go up again

MDE is the most accurate, with the QS being extremely accurate due to online ordering.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!