Memory maker - yes or no?

I got it last summer when I went with my daughter & granddaughter. Im so glad I did, we didn’t bother taking our own pictures really and took advantage of every photographer we saw. We used all the cool edits on the app as well. I must ad we used a military discount so the price was much less. Still when you have a little one it’s nice to have someone else take the pictures.

First of all congratulations! Eight years is so hard. It took us 2 1/2 and 4 early losses to get get our take home baby, so I totally get wanting to celebrate every possible moment. And it’s the exact reason there was no question we’d get Memory Maker this next trip.

I’d always balked at the price before but splurged on our honeymoon. It forced me to stop and be IN pictures instead of coming home to hundreds of pictures of things and barely any of me. We only had a couple truly bad pictures in the bunch, the vast majority were good—a little better than we’d have gotten on our cameras—and then we had some really spectacular ones that looked professional. Some photographers go through the motions and others really take their time with you to gets you into nice poses so that you’re not going home with a bunch of shots of everyone standing shoulder to shoulder smiling awkwardly.

I can be a cheapskate but it was worth every penny on our honeymoon and I foresee it being a necessity for quite some time as our daughter grows up.

There is no way I would have spent anywhere near that much to buy it. However, we had a family member buy us the package for our last trip, so I got to use it essentially for free. It was "nice," but I stand by my original opinion that it's not worth it. Most of the pictures I was most interested in were of my kids (often with the characters), and I took a lot of them with my phone. Had I not had the package, I don't think I would have needed to ask people to take pictures of us with my phone, but that's always an option if you don't buy memory maker. A few of the pics on the ride and the special effects were kind of neat, but again, not worth the money in my opinion. Sounds like I'm in the minority though.

We didn't get it our first trip. On our first trip my husband (who usually doesn't like spending money) said partially through that he wished we had it. It felt it was time consuming, and a hassle to always be passing over our phones. Also, then we would have been in more pictures together - which we hardly are, unless it's a selfie. We're supposed to go in the fall for a wedding, and we will get it for that trip. Also now, I don't know if it's the best idea to passing your phone off so much.

We've used it twice and liked it. I do it for a big family trip, but not for just us and the kids.

Truthfully, I don't know much about the MM but what we have experienced is that if you buy a digital pix of one ride that your have access to all the other digital pixs taken through out the park. Now we've never bought more than one pix so I don't know how the rest of it works. IDK, $15 seems a lot less than the MM.

I like Memory Maker, but I get it as a perk with my AP. Honestly, if I had to pay for it, I wouldn’t because I’m cheap.

I think the value has to do with how long your trip is or how many parks you are visiting. I got it on a trip where we went to all 4 parks and it was absolutely worth it. We got amazing ride photos, pictures from my son participating in the Jedi Training Academy, great shots with the castle background, and character interactions. They are some of my favorite photos.
However, if we go down for a short trip and visit one park, we would not get Memory Maker. You can still have the photographers take the pictures on PhotoPass and buy any that you like. For one day at the park, we are not likely to pick more than 3 favorite picks to buy and that is way less than buying Memory Maker.

We purchase Memory Maker on every trip. It is totally worth it. The photos are excellent quality and it includes the videos from some of the rides. They also offer “magic” shots in certain locations. We have such great photos from all of our trips because of Memory Maker.

We did it for our first trip and we felt it was not worth it. Many times you had to seek out the photographers.....if it is too hot or rainy forget it. Now that it is part of our annual pass we use it but I would not spend the extra money personally.

We get it, but we get the military discount which is like 50%. Our next trip will be our kids' first, so we would even pay full price for it if we didn't get the discount, but probably wouldn't for an "ordinary" trip. Just be sure to stop at photo spots and do character meet and greets (if/when available).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!