Memory Maker price increased today. (6/7)

Accident

DIS Veteran
memory maker is showing a $20 price increase to $169 pre trip and 30 increase to $199 post trip on the disney site today..

no other prices appear to have changed, including the military mm buy in person price.

edit: special thanks to @Disneyfan101413 for pointing it out in the photopass thread.

As I stated in the News thread, it would have been nice to get a tiny bit of notice on this. :eeyore:

if history repeats itself, it may go back down in price before the end of the year. Last time I went up to these prices, it suddenly went back down just as fast.. that one sucked as I just missed it, and by the time I visited it was lower again.

if history repeats itself, it may go back down in price before the end of the year. Last time I went up to these prices, it suddenly went back down just as fast.. that one sucked as I just missed it, and by the time I visited it was lower again.

Do you remember how long it was between going up and back down? I'm not counting on it as I'm now inside of 40 days, but it'd be nice if they'd go ahead and jump back.

I booked May 2014 for $149.

I know that in 2014 early December it was raised to the exact same prices it was raised to today $169/199. So they keep fluctuating up and down.

Looked it up, so it went back down on December 17, 2015. $149

Now back up to 169/199.

I booked May 2014 for $149.

I know that in 2014 early December it was raised to the exact same prices it was raised to today $169/199. So they keep fluctuating up and down.

Looked it up, so it went back down on December 17, 2015. $149

Now back up to 169/199.

A year, huh? Well, there goes that faint thought. :rolleyes:

Argh! We leave in about two weeks. I'm planning to get MM, but haven't yet because it was non-refundable. I wish they would have given some notice on this.

Price increases suck. Especially when Disney is clearly doing it to take advantage of high popularity times when everything is already marked up.

Having said that, still well worth it to me! I LOVE Memory Maker!!

I usually always get Memory Maker. After my first summer trip I realized how horribly red and sweaty and makeupless I looked. I was toying with purchasing or not for upcoming trip. Now with the price increase and @MamaBelle4 info, I'll just save my money!

Do you remember how long it was between going up and back down? I'm not counting on it as I'm now inside of 40 days, but it'd be nice if they'd go ahead and jump back.

I want to say it was roughly 6-8 months but I didn't really pay attention. if I wasn't going on trips where I paid the 2 different prices I woudln't have even noticed it went up and back down again.

but it's been out longer and more people know if there is value now so I suspect they may continue to make more money and not less money with this change. most book 180 days out so I woudlnt' expect the impact of this price change for first time visitors to be seen until closer to that 6 month mark.

This is something I'm planning on buying, but I was holding off until after the discounts come out in September for early 2018. The grumble mill (compared to the rumor mill) says that having MM on your MDE account makes applying room discounts to already booked rooms a bit harder.

I honestly don't see them selling many of these...

The fact they "throw it in" for annual passes is pretty much a conviction in the "Court of disney"

I honestly don't see them selling many of these...

The fact they "throw it in" for annual passes is pretty much a conviction in the "Court of disney"
I disagree, I think it sells well. My family usually always gets it especially for runDisney weekends where race photos are included.

I disagree, I think it sells well. My family usually always gets it especially for runDisney weekends where race photos are included.

So you think it sells well because you have gotten it?

...hmmm...not sure I see the analogy. Follow the money, my friend.

So you think it sells well because you have gotten it?

...hmmm...not sure I see the analogy. Follow the money, my friend.
No I see plenty of people getting it. Why raise the price of it doesn't sell? It sells well during runDisney weekends at least many people are purchasing it there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter