Memory maker or massages at GF?

winnieofpooh

DIS Veteran
Wasn't entirely certain if this should go here or another forum so sorry!

We're going on our honeymoon in August and have some extra room in the budget and are trying to determine what to use it for. We could get a couples massage at GF on our rest day, or we could get the memory maker. If we went the memory maker route, we'd still have leftover money that we could save towards next trip, buy more souvenirs, etc.

We've used the memory maker on our past two trips and really enjoy it. I like not having to worry about someone getting a photo of the two of us and if the photo is nice and what not. But we're going in August and I'm not convinced I'll like any of the photos of us because I'll be a sweaty mess :crazy2:. A massage would be so nice to relax after a few park days and take it easy, but spending $300+ for about an hour's worth of activity seems crazy to me. What would you do?

We're going on our honeymoon in August and have some extra room in the budget and are trying to determine what to use it for. We could get a couples massage at GF on our rest day, or we could get the memory maker. If we went the memory maker route, we'd still have leftover money that we could save towards next trip, buy more souvenirs, etc.

We've used the memory maker on our past two trips and really enjoy it. I like not having to worry about someone getting a photo of the two of us and if the photo is nice and what not. But we're going in August and I'm not convinced I'll like any of the photos of us because I'll be a sweaty mess :crazy2:. A massage would be so nice to relax after a few park days and take it easy, but spending $300+ for about an hour's worth of activity seems crazy to me. What would you do?
Congratulations!!! (We were married & honeymooned in Disney many moons ago. Didn't get a picture package- hired our own photographer for wedding but wish we had some from the parks.) Now when we go as a fam, we get memory maker every time and make it into an album. It's so nice to look back at the photos & relive the memories. I'd go for the memory maker, Regarding the heat; just take tons of pictures & only keep the ones you're happy with. Perhaps you can use the extra money towards a less expensive spa experience? Just an opinion.

ETA pedicures are less expensive & come with a foot rub. Great for tired feet that have been walking parks. You can then use the spa as long as you like (relaxation room, hot tubs, etc.)

Especially since it's your honeymoon, I'd go with the pictures so that you have the memories of the trip. Even if it's August and you're sweaty and some point you'll be glad you have them.

I always get the memory maker when I go, but we have more pictures that we took with our phones hanging up rather than the memory maker ones.

I'd go with the photos and then save the extra money for a massage when you get home at half the price.

Just as y'all convinced me MM is the way to go, DH says he wants the massages :laughing:. Looks like we have more debating to do. Thanks for all the feedback so far!

Actually, we did both. We had dinner at Victoria & Albert's so for the day we got massages in the morning, went to lunch and then went back to the spa to enjoy the spa amenities before getting ready for dinner. As for the Memory Maker, we got some nice pictures that we have put up but we don't do big photo albums or scrapbooks.

So, yes, your question is a touch one to pick between so you have to decide which one offers you more value. For us, the massage would win out in the future.

I do love MM however for a honeymoon I htink I would opt for the massages. You can use the amenities in the spa for the entire day, so no need to rush out.

I vote memory maker, especially for your honeymoon -- you can make a wonderful photo album to capture the memories where as the massage will be done and over with with not much to show for it. A massage is something you can do at home - WDW photos can't be done at home.

You can get a massage anywhere. Pictures to remember your trip forever are the best souvenirs.

I saw the title of this thread and thought I'd immediately jump in with a Memory Maker vote--after having looked at it on several trips, I've come to the conclusion I'm never going to get a massage while traveling. It always costs at least 1.5 times as much as it would cost to get a massage near home, if not double, so I look at destination massages as a Generally Bad Deal.

But...it's your honeymoon, and it's a special experience. Yes, you can get a massage anywhere, but the kind of experience I get when I pay $60 for a 55 minute massage at the gym is just a massage. You go in, strip, get massaged, pay, leave (er, hopefully putting the clothes back on at some point in that process...). It sounds like the spa at GF is more special, and when you're talking about a rest day...man, talk about resting.

So I'll say what I often like to say in either/or threads: there's not a wrong choice! Go with your gut and fully enjoy whatever you choose; don't second guess yourself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!