Memories Earned & Lessons Learned - COMPLETED

I'm with your hubby here...LOVE LOVE LOVE the Cheesecake in WDW.:)

What did you buy with all those snack credits? We ended up going into Goofy's candy store in DTD and buying loads of stuff. We took home a massive box of handpicked fresh cookies etc once. :)

Bet you are planning on going back as you certainly seemed to have loved every moment of it.

:laughing: now I love cheesecake too but honestly Vanda, it's looking like he had some kind of addiction to it :rotfl:

We actually ended up buying another suitcase to fit in loads of snacks like boxes of candies, chocs, cookies, chip'n'dale snacks etc and all the other stuff we bought.

For sure!! I would go back tomorrow if we could. Definitely going to start planning our next trip soon :woohoo:

kade looks like he is having the time of his life - lovely photos, enjoying your blog very much, how are you coping with the bad rain you have there? is it still warmish ? (even tho most of the day is rain)

We really did have a wonderful time!! We didn't have too much rain when we were there to be honest. A few days here and there but nothing much. It was still warm yes but nothing was going to dampen our spirits anyway :thumbsup2

Thanks for reading x

Day 8 – Magic Kingdom 2nd visit – Sunday 22nd April 2012

Got up at 7am and was out to catch the bus to Magic Kingdom for 8.15am.
We arrived a little early but sat and waited with the others and enjoyed the sun. I love the sun at that time of day. Not too hot but just right :goodvibes

P1020452.jpg

P1020453.jpg

Once in we headed straight for the Runaway train ride but it was closed for maintenance! Marcus and Kade were a little disappointed but I was quite relieved, as I didn’t really want to go on it as it looked like a fast one!!
We looked at Splash Mountain but figured we wouldn’t have time as we had a breakfast reservation with Pooh and his friends so decided to come back to this later.
As we made our way back toward the Crystal Palace, we spotted POC was empty so we nipped in there for a quick ride instead.

P1020459.jpg

We queued outside the Crystal Palace and again waited with our buzzers to be called. It wasn’t too long (about 10mins) before we were called in and seated.

P1020461.jpg

Breakfast was buffet style again which was my fave thing because I like to get small amounts of a lot of things rather than a lot of one thing, if that makes sense?
I got some breakfast lasagne, which was a lot nicer than it sounds and a chocolate bread thing, and then just got up for other little bits throughout.

P1020467.jpg

Breakfast lasagne...yum!

Marcus & Kade got a mixture of stuff and Kade got to meet all the characters.

P1020465.jpg

P1020471.jpg

He met Piglet twice as we think he must have got change and swapped guys so didn’t realise the other one had already been down our side. Lol

P1020464.jpg

P1020469.jpg

Not quite sure what he had against Eeyore here lol

P1020478.jpg

After breakfast Kade really wanted to go on Splash Mountain so we headed back down. It was much busier now but the queue still wasn’t too bad. I decided to wait as the drop looked a bit high to go on straight after my brekkie lol so I waited on the bridge, camera poised, as they went on.

P1020480.jpg

P1020491.jpg

Next up was the Bear Jamboree then straight out and into the Tiki room show.
This was ok but definitely not my favourite and I was quite surprised to read somewhere that it was meant to be Walt Disney’s favourite show!

P1020505.jpg

P1020495.jpg

P1020503.jpg

Anyway as we were walking down past the castle we were just in time to catch the Celebrate Parade. I thought this was fab!!
There was a young guy opposite us and he really made me smile & laugh as he was dancing so much and really getting into it! He was fantastic and I was watching him just as much as the parade!!

P1020515.jpg

P1020519.jpg

P1020521.jpg

P1020526.jpg

This was the guy.....he was ace!!

P1020535.jpg

Continued....

…..Cont

Once the parade was done we wandered down toward the buzz lightyear ride and got ourselves some fast passes then found the Monsters Inc Comedy show. The queue was massive and seemed to take forever for us to get in and seated.
Now unfortunately I have to say I am not one of life’s most confident souls, more of a ‘rather blend into the background’ type really so you can imagine my horror when the show started and I realised they had cameras that zoom in on you and pick you out whilst getting you to join in!!!!! :eek:
Ok so granted, it wasn’t everyone and it was only if you were picked but I was just like ‘oh my god, oh my god, please, please, please not me!’
In the end I couldn’t stand the anticipation anymore when the guy in the row in front got picked out and had to pretend to be a chicken or something daft so I ended up getting up and sneaking out! Now I know it’s all a bit of fun but I really just couldn’t have done that in front of everyone if they picked me! :guilty:

So with my personal drama over we went on to grab some lunch outside a QS restaurant and had hotdogs, crisps and cookies.
Next we found the ‘Carousel Of Progress’, which believe it or not turned out to be Kade’s most favourite thing!! Not what you’d expect from a 4yr old but hey :confused3

Once we came out of here, we went on to the Buzz Lightyear ride to use our FP’s.
I really enjoyed this and am happy to say beat the boys by a mile :cool1:

Kade asked to go on the people mover so we took a whizz round on that before spotting a Buzz photo op.

P1020544.jpg

P1020542.jpg

34840700116.jpg

Looks like Buzz is trying to crush him!!

This done, we thought we’d start to head out but just ended up catching a Parade before we left.

P1020563.jpg

P1020568.jpg

P1020551.jpg

Once back, we got ourselves freshened up and went back out to catch the boat to DTD again as our meal tonight was to be at the ‘House Of Blues’.
We arrived to the boat dock but were told our boat would be about 20mins so we decided to take a walk on the scenic route, which was lovely actually and only took 10-15mins or so.

We had a mooch around the shops and I ended up buying some lovely ‘See no evil, Hear no evil, Speak no evil’ figures that I really liked.

IMG_0385.jpg

When it was time to eat we went to the House Of Blues and I have to say, this turned out to be my favourite meal of the holiday! It was gorgeous!!
We all shared Jerk Chicken & Barbeque Chicken Wings for starter then I had Shrimp & Grits, which is Jumbo Shrimp on a Fried grit cake in a garlic cream sauce served with veg. Delicious!!!!!

P1020574.jpg

Marcus had Jambalaya, which was marinated chicken, spicy sausage & peppers etc in a jambalaya sauce.

P1020573.jpg

Kade had Chicken tenders with veg.

P1020572.jpg

I asked for my dessert to go but ended up sharing Marc’s huge pud, which was ‘Bourbon Bread Pudding’ and was soooooo good!

P1020577.jpg

Now the only problem with tonight’s meal was that we’d all eaten so much that we felt so full & sick later.
You know when you’ve drunk too much and you swear never again? Well it was kind of like that with this. I swore I’d never eat again! :lmao:

On the way home we stopped off at the AP shop again to stock up on some more snacks that we could take home with us as we were beginning to realise that we were going to have quite a few credits left at this rate.
Went to bed feeling bloated and fat!!

Day 9 – Seaworld – Monday 23rd April 2012

Got up at 7.15am this morning and Marcus & Kade went out for breakfast. I didn’t bother as I still had a bit of tummy ache from last night.
On the boys return we hopped in the car and set off for SeaWorld at about 8.40am. When we arrived the car park was already getting busy but we still parked fairly close and made our way in.

P1020579.jpg

P1020580.jpg

As we were approaching the entrance we saw a sign that said ‘No food or drinks’ and saw your bags got searched. We had packed bottles of water and some cookies so thought we were going to have to ditch them but the guy just looked through and let us pass :confused3
Next was paying and here’s where we learned another lesson. Get discount before you go!! :laughing: At $250 we thought it was quite a lot.

Anyway, the first ride we saw was the Manta ride that you can see from the road but after contemplating it for a minute, Marc decided to give it a miss. It did look ridiculously fast!!

P1020581.jpg

Instead we ventured down until we found ‘Journey To Atlantis’. The park was near on empty down here and the ride had no one on it.
I decided the drop was too big for me so opted to stay with the stroller while the boys went on it.

P1020584.jpg

P1020582.jpg

They appeared at the top of the chute in a boat with a couple of others and splashed down! They said it was better than Splash Mountain.

Next we moved onto our first show ‘Blue Horizons’. This was quite impressive with the performers in their costumes, the tropical birds and the beautiful dolphins.

P1020587.jpg

P1020592.jpg

P1020593.jpg

P1020594.jpg

After the show we had a look around ‘Dolphin Cove’ which I really liked and could watch these creatures swimming all day!

We had a walk around the park and Kade had a quick go on the ‘Sea Carousel’ ride.

P1020612.jpg

From here we wandered round till Kade spotted a large outdoor play area and made a beeline for it so we took the opportunity to grab a coffee and snack and sit down for 10mins.

P1020616.jpg

We had a bit of a ‘panic’ moment here though as I lost sight of him in the play bit, so after a few mins of not being able to see him, I sent Marcus to go in while I waited by the exits to try and see him. Anyway Marc came out shrugging his shoulders saying he wasn’t there. Now, fortunately we have never been in this sort of situation before but I could start to feel myself starting to panic even though I knew he probably wouldn’t be far away. We looked everywhere and I was almost at the point where I was going to look for someone to alert when Marcus shouted me over. The little monkey had apparently slipped past us and gone to the toddler playship behind us!!
He didn’t have a clue why mummy & daddy was a bit upset but it was probably a good thing as it made us set out some clear ground rules with him such as what to do if he were to get lost etc.

Anyway, minor heart attack over, we got in the queue for Shamu Express but were less than impressed with this ride. Even Kade said it was rubbish lol.

Ocean Commotion ride was up next before we made our way to the ‘One Ocean’ show. We enjoyed this and found it very funny to watch everyone at the front getting soaked.

P1020624.jpg

P1020631.jpg

It was actually freezing cold here though as we were seated right at the back at the top and it was really windy so was a little bit nippy to say the least.

Happy to get back in the warmth of the sun we then ventured on to the Wild Artic Ride….but without the ride!
Our little man doesn’t like any sort of simulation things but luckily you could still go round the Wild Artic Exhibit without having to do the helicopter bit.
This was nice to see the Polar bears and the giant walrus. I couldn’t get over the size of that thing!!!

P1020637.jpg

P1020598.jpg

Kade had a go on a ‘win a prize every time’ game but obviously didn’t know this was the case, so was made up when he won a small Manta :thumbsup2

P1020655.jpg

P1020657.jpg

Next up we saw ‘Stingray Lagoon’ and Kade & Marcus spent ages watching and touching the rays. I think Kade would have stayed there all day if he could.

P1020662.jpg

We got some coffees, juice and a snack before making our way out. I don’t think we covered half of what SeaWorld had to offer but we were ready to go by this time.

We drove home and chilled out back at the apartment with a couple of beers before heading down to the Turf Grill again for Dinner.
I had Chef’s salad of the day to start with the Honey Minted Lamb again for main.
Marcus had Buffalo chicken to start followed by Steak, mash & asparagus and Kady had Cheeseburger & fries followed by a DIY Ice cream Sundae.

For dessert Marcus and I had (drumroll)……you guessed it! Cheesecake!!!

After we’d eaten, Marc & Kade went swimming while I went back to the apartment.

Love Seaworld...you did seem to miss a lot of it though..When you go back you MUST go and see the Clyde and Seymour Show and arrive a good half an hour before the start to see the mime artist..it is the funniest thing:) Also the underwater walk through where the sharkes are..

We are going in September and I just can't wait..

You sound exactly like me with the rides..I always look at the drop at the end and whimp out as well. I just don't see the fun in beeing scared whitless;)

I am enjoying your trip report, love SSR it is our home resort sooo pretty.
Your photo's are fantastic, what camera do you have ?
Looking forward to reading more.

Love Seaworld...you did seem to miss a lot of it though..When you go back you MUST go and see the Clyde and Seymour Show and arrive a good half an hour before the start to see the mime artist..it is the funniest thing:) Also the underwater walk through where the sharkes are..

We are going in September and I just can't wait..

You sound exactly like me with the rides..I always look at the drop at the end and whimp out as well. I just don't see the fun in beeing scared whitless;)

Yeah your right, I think we missed loads! We kind of found that whatever we did on this holiday we never spent full days doing, but as I always say, yet another excuse to come back :banana:

Oh lucky you September!! It'll be here before you know it! Where you staying?

Enjoying all your reports and pictures :goodvibes

Thank you!!! Followed yours too. Looks as though you had a great time! Any plans to go back anytime soon?

I am enjoying your trip report, love SSR it is our home resort sooo pretty.
Your photo's are fantastic, what camera do you have ?
Looking forward to reading more.

Thanks very much!!
The camera we used was a Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ10. It's funny as we have a Canon digital SLR which takes superb pic's and I wanted to take it but hubby said he thought it was too big & bulky so we ended getting the little panasonic and it was just fab!! I just put it round my wrist and took it everywhere we went. Highly recommended camera :thumbsup2

NOTE: Just before I start this day, Marcus has told me I keep referring to the place we stayed at as an apartment when it was in fact a Villa! So I apologise and stand corrected just in case anyone booked an apartment at SS and then wondered why it looked different.

Day 10 – Epcot 2nd Visit – Tuesday 24th April 2012

Later rise this morning as we had nothing much planned early on. Marcus got breakfast as usual then took Kade down to the paddock pool again.
I ventured down when I was ready and sat by the pool until we got some lunch from the pool bar.
I had the spicy fish burger & fries, Marc had a chicken burger & fries with a yogurt and Kade had a turkey sandwich with carrot sticks & grapes.

After lunch I was feeling a bit crappy so we went back to the apartment and I went to have a lie down while Marc took Kade to the arcade.
When they arrived back I was feeling a bit better so we gathered our things and went out to catch the bus for Epcot.

P1020672.jpg

The bus was empty and traffic seemed light so within 10mins we were there.
The sun was quite strong but it was windy too so didn’t feel hot.
We had a wander round and I was soon starting to feel a bit ‘off it’ again so the boys had a ride on Space Mountain while I sat and waited.

P1020680.jpg

We took a look round the ‘Art Of Disney’ and I loved the things in here!
We particularly liked a piece of art but as it was a bit too big to transit home we enquired how much it would cost to get shipped but they said $100!! :eek: Needless to say we decided to leave it.

Next we ventured into ‘innoventions’ then headed down to ‘Space mission’ but as I was still feeling a bit rubbish I didn’t want to go on which set Kade off moaning as he wanted me to go on. In the end he refused to go on so that left Marc in a grump as he wanted us all to go on :rotfl:

P1020677.jpg

P1020673.jpg

Big fire engine!

P1020674.jpg

The piggy bank game in innoventions.

We left there and gradually made our way through the different countries stopping along the way for a couple of character shots (Winnie, Tigger & Alice)

34840700126.jpg

P1020689.jpg

P1020693.jpg

P1020694.jpg

P1020703.jpg

P1020706.jpg

At 6pm it was time for evening meal at the Biergarten. Marc had ended up swapping this because the other one we had booked was too early.
Even though my tummy was ok(ish) I still didn’t feel 100% :sick: and it was very, very busy.

P1020707.jpg

We queued for a while before being introduced to our server dressed in traditional German dress who proceeded to tell us we would be seated on a table with other guests!
Now ordinarily, I wouldn’t have entirely minded this but on this occasion while I wasn’t feeling on best form, it didn’t exactly fill me with glee.
There were two other families. One an older couple and a husband and wife who were with their mother-in-law.
I was seated opposite the chap who was with his wife & MIL and it was all just well….a bit awkward!?!
No one really spoke very much apart from basic pleasantries and we all got our food without much conversation at all :laughing:
I don’t think it was intended to be like that but I just think we all got put together with people who would have preferred their own space. lol
The food was actually really nice although I didn’t eat too much.
As soon as we were done we got the bill and made our exit. Not the best experience we’d had but too be honest it was probably wasn’t the best day to be put with a table of strangers :sad2:

When we came out the intention was to watch the Firework display which I know is meant to be spectacular but in the end we decided to pass and headed back. If I was being honest I just wanted to be tucked up in bed.

On our return mousekeeping had left a really cute display with our soft toys.

P1020719.jpg

P1020718.jpg

P1020720.jpg

Yeah your right, I think we missed loads! We kind of found that whatever we did on this holiday we never spent full days doing, but as I always say, yet another excuse to come back :banana:

Oh lucky you September!! It'll be here before you know it! Where you staying?

Well it is virtually impossible to fit everything in the first time you go and as you say makes for an excellent excuse to go back.:banana: I think people are taken aback by just how vast the parks are and when you have a little one (which we don't) its very very tiring tobe out all day everyday. You can plan and plan but honestly these plans fall in the main by the way side on a first visit when you discover that 14 plus days of walking all day is a tad knackering:)
We are staying at our fav resort of Port Orlean Riverside, so just up the river from where you stayed:)

great photos cant wait for more:yay:

Thanks for following, really appreciate it :thumbsup2

Well it is virtually impossible to fit everything in the first time you go and as you say makes for an excellent excuse to go back.:banana: I think people are taken aback by just how vast the parks are and when you have a little one (which we don't) its very very tiring tobe out all day everyday. You can plan and plan but honestly these plans fall in the main by the way side on a first visit when you discover that 14 plus days of walking all day is a tad knackering:)
We are staying at our fav resort of Port Orlean Riverside, so just up the river from where you stayed:)

I know! The amount of walking we did was ridiculous!! Saying that though it helps burn off the amount of calories you consume while there :lmao:

Right, there's another resort to mark down as a consideration for the next time! Wayneg said their have is OKW so we have a couple to look at now :woohoo:

x

Don't you just LOVE Mousekeeping:) We were forever getting wonderful animals made out of our room towels!

I must admit I would have been a tad annoyed had I done my ADR and ended up having to share a table with lots of others.

Keep up the good work on your TR as I am loving them and all the photos are fab..:thumbsup2

You have done so much already , wow, given a choice I will always go for cheesecake:thumbsup2 good choice

Don't you just LOVE Mousekeeping:) We were forever getting wonderful animals made out of our room towels!

I must admit I would have been a tad annoyed had I done my ADR and ended up having to share a table with lots of others.

Keep up the good work on your TR as I am loving them and all the photos are fab..:thumbsup2

Mousekeeping were fab! They do such a good job and little extra's like that made it special :)

You have done so much already , wow, given a choice I will always go for cheesecake:thumbsup2 good choice

:laughing: yes, the cheesecake is undoubtably good out there!!

Really enjoying your report!

Thank you!! It's everyones comments that makes writing it so much better :thumbsup2

Day 10 – Hollywood Studio’s 2nd Visit & My Surprise!! – Wednesday 25th April

Woke up and thankful to say felt a LOT better than yesterday.

Was a beautiful day today. Not much wind and not a cloud in the sky :goodvibes
Started the day as usual with Marc fetching breakfast for himself and Kade with coffee for me.
Once we were sorted and ready we headed out to catch the bus to Hollywood Studio’s.
When we arrived we made our way down to the ‘Tower Of Terror’. Marcus really wanted to ride it but opted to get a fast pass instead and come back.

We had a look in the Aerosmith ‘Rock’n’Roll coaster and tried to convince Marc to go on it but decided it might be a bit too much, so bottled that one. I could have stayed there all day listening to the music though :thumbsup2

P1020722.jpg

P1020723.jpg

Next Marc wanted a go on the Star wars ride but Kade & I decided against it (EE really put me off anything with a ‘fast ride’ sign) :laughing: so we had a wander around while we waited for him to finish.

On our way round we spotted Goofy & Pluto so stopped for a photo op.

34840700135.jpg

Marcus’s FP was almost ready so he made his way down to the TOT while Kade & I had a wander round.

P1020728.jpg

We took a slow stroll down to meet Marc just as he was coming off the ride and he proclaimed it was ‘Awesome’ and absolutely loved it! He tried to convince us to have a go but unfortunately my daredevil streak was well and truly retired!!

Coming back we just caught the back end of the 'Disney Channel Rocks parade.

P1020736.jpg

P1020737.jpg

Next it was almost time for our Playhouse Disney Character meal at Hollywood & Vine so we made our way there.

P1020738.jpg

We checked in and took a seat in the shade on one of the benches outside but whilst we were waiting for our name to be called, the waitress came out and shouted a name (which I didn’t hear) but Marc was convinced it was our name. I protested it couldn’t have been as another family had stood up and confirmed it was them before going to be seated.
We ended up waiting for another 15mins watching other families who had arrived after us go in before Marc stood up and asked one of the waitress’s. She looked on her list and said we’d already been called and gone in!!
‘Obviously not’ he said :laughing:
Turns out this cheeky family had gone in our place. I wouldn’t mind but our surname isn’t a very common one so it’s not as though they might have been mistaken!!
Anyway, we were taken to a spare table and I know they were busy but everything just seemed a bit chaotic and a little bit unorganised and they messed the drinks order up without any kind of apology :mad:
In the end it was ok and Kade met all the characters from Playhouse Disney, which he really enjoyed.

P1020741.jpg

P1020745.jpg

P1020747.jpg

Whilst Oso was at our table the music came on and he had to dance so Kade got a bit of a personal dance from the bear himself :)

P1020753.jpg

Upon leaving we went on to Beauty & The Beast Show. I thought this was lovely! Really enjoyed!

P1020758.jpg

P1020767.jpg

P1020768.jpg

P1020774.jpg

Straight after it finished we rushed off to catch the ‘Lights, Motor, Action’ car stunt show.

P1020776.jpg

It was really hot by now and the queue was pretty big. Only problem was it didn’t seem to be moving. Kade & I sought shelter in the shade while Marc kept our spot then it was announced they were experiencing a technical difficulty, which explained the delay.
We decided to wait, as Marcus really wanted to see the show. It was probably about 10/15mins later or so that the queue finally started to move and we made our way with hundreds of people up several flights of stairs.
Once we were seated we learned they’d had an oil spill on the track and it was looking like half of the show wasn’t going to be performed.
We got to see Lightning McQueen and a few cars before it was almost over so we left before the crowds dispersed.

P1020778.jpg

P1020781.jpg

P1020782.jpg

Continued.....

.....Cont

As it was still so hot we got some pineapple lollies and an ice-cold bud light and found some shade that we could sit in and cool down with for a bit.
After this we took a wander back around the park stopping at a shop just before the exit and bought a nice set of 3 hanging photo frames, a Phineas & Ferb book and some more boxes of snacks on the snack plan.

P1020785.jpg

P1020786.jpg

Once we arrived back at our Villa (not apartment lol) we kicked back and relaxed for an hour or so before heading back out to DTD on the boat.

P1020787.jpg

We didn’t have a reservation this evening so we just had a look around before stopping at the Rainforest Café.

P1020806.jpg

It seemed a lot quieter than usual downtown so we thought we’d try our luck and fortunately they had room if we were prepared to wait for 15mins. Of course this was fine so we mooched round the shop before being called to our table.
It was just like T-Rex café but with Jungle animals, which I stated to Marcus before he informed me that was because it was owned by the same people lol.

P1020790.jpg

P1020802.jpg

P1020803.jpg

We ordered our meal of which I had of a salad identical to The T-rex one, which had egg, bacon, chicken, blue cheese, olives, lettuce toms, & dressing etc.

P1020797.jpg

Yummy!!

Marcus had some massive ribs & fries with cheesy rolls to start.

P1020796.jpg

Kady had popcorn shrimp and corn.

P1020798.jpg

Drinks were 2 white wines, a bud light and an apple juice.
We got a choc cake to go and of course…....a cheesecake! Kade got a frozen ice orange cup which he had literally two sucks off before deciding he didn’t want it!

P1020805.jpg

Anyway, just as we were finishing our meal, Marcus said he had something to tell me!
I sat in anticipation, as usually Marc never springs big surprises on me!
He then said that as it had been my birthday and I hadn’t got that much (which I had really!) he wanted to surprise me with an extended holiday for 4 days with a cruise on the Disney Dream!!!!!!! :cheer2:

I couldn’t quite believe it!! I had been expecting to fly home on Sunday but here he was telling me we were staying and instead of flying home, we were getting on a Disney cruise :love:
Apparently he was going to wait to tell me on our last day but as I am a nervous flyer he didn’t want me to build myself up if we weren’t going to go. :hug:
I was sooooo happy that we were here longer. It really was a dream come true!! :cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter