• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Member Services needs a callback option stat!

It took me a week to get through. Whenever I called it said to cal back later. I finally got into a queue at 9am and was on hold for 50 minutes a few days ago.

The only way it would work @dvc is if that is the ONLY system . The volume of calls each day would back log the system, CM would only call or email YOU. NO live phone calls.

Not sure what you mean or why that would be the only way it could work? Delta has a massive volume of calls (much more than DVC, presumably), and you can easily call them live to wait on hold or press a button to wait for a callback instead. You're in the same queue with the same wait time either way.

Also remember, MEMBERS have to pay for 24 service, more CM's, new phone system. You have to pay ALOT for upgrades. The dues you pay in 2021 is getting you hour long waits. Pay 50% higher dues in 2022for the above upgrades.

Any dues paid to cover phone services represent a tiny fraction of overall dues. Most dues go to housekeeping, front desk, maintenance, refurbishments, utilities, taxes, insurance, security, etc. They could dramatically improve phone service with negligible impact to dues.

When I call Delta, they place me in a callback queue, I hang up, and then 30-90 minutes later they call me back
Humorously, when I use this feature for Delta it takes 8-10 hours for callback and I would expect similar dysfunction from DVC without the benefit of a 24-7 call center doing it.

You beat me. My last one was only 6 hour call back with American Airlines.
True story, on Thursday I called about 2PM CDT.

I got a callback at 3:10AM Friday per my phone logs. All because my COVID voucher for a cancelled flight booked on miles... cannot be used to book a flight online, and also they somehow marked my kid as deceased and reassigned his voucher into my name.

I'm salty.

(Also, my kid is fine, he's eating his third bowl of cereal today.)

Humorously, when I use this feature for Delta it takes 8-10 hours for callback and I would expect similar dysfunction from DVC without the benefit of a 24-7 call center doing it.

That's wild! When I do it, it's typically always an hour or less, but I'm a Medallion member with them so maybe that's why. In any event, no matter how long it takes, I'd rather wait for DVC to call me back than sit at my phone listening to the same Disney tunes on repeat. =)

That's wild! When I do it, it's typically always an hour or less, but I'm a Medallion member with them so maybe that's why. In any event, no matter how long it takes, I'd rather wait for DVC to call me back than sit at my phone listening to the same Disney tunes on repeat. =)
I have status too so I cannot explain why it took so long save that Delta is insane.

DVC calling from an India call center at 3am is basically a new definition of heck for me tho.

I totally agree - I’ve called Ticketing twice in the past month or so and I loved that I was given this option and both times I was called back around an hour later. Seems that the technology is there somewhere????

I totally agree - I’ve called Ticketing twice in the past month or so and I loved that I was given this option and both times I was called back around an hour later. Seems that the technology is there somewhere????

And the fact that it is there for another division of Disney seems like a pretty easy thing to duplicate for the DVC!

I’m a new member that is probably going to have to call soon. Is there a time of day or a day of the week that is better for lower waits? Multi-hour waits on hold sounds ridiculous.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter