Meet the Robinsons

My Wife and my youngest seen it on Saturday. My wife said it was o.k, slow to start but once it got going it wasn't that bad. My youngest liked it, but said Cars was way better. My Wife said it didn't really have that Disney quality about it.
I still have to go see itaswell as my oldest, maybe this weekend

That's funny, I felt the opposite. I didn't feel like Cars had a real Disney feel to it, but MtR did.

I just saw the movie and our cartoon at the begining was a Mickey, Donald and Goofey cartoon of them building a boat called the Minnie.
Don't remember the title but it was made in 1938, saw that in the credits.
It was the really old style Donald, Mickey, Minnie. Even had a quick shot of Clarabelle cow at the end.
It was nice to see a bunch of 7 year olds laughing and enjoying a cartoon made so long ago. It shows you how "Classic" Disney is.

I thought the movies was good, no Little Mermaid, but good.

I just saw the movie and our cartoon at the begining was a Mickey, Donald and Goofey cartoon of them building a boat called the Minnie.
Don't remember the title but it was made in 1938, saw that in the credits.

It was called "Boat Builders" (imagine that!) :goodvibes

mmilc1-24.jpg

You must have seen the 2-D version of MTR. 3-D viewers get to see the Donald Duck/Chip n' Dale cartoon "Working for Peanuts" which was originally released in stereoscopic 3-D back in 1953. It was redone in the new 3-D process especially for the 3-D release of MTR.

Working_For_Peanuts.jpg

*Brian*

We also saw the 3D version of Meet the Robinsons this weekend. I thought it was great and the kids loved it too. Dh liked it as well. The family was cooky but that was part of the charm. Plus it kind of reminded me of ours!!:rotfl2:

Anyway, I thought the 3D effects were amazing.

I took my little sister to see it today. It wasn't in 3D which I was kind of bummed. The movie was SO cute and funny. Oh, I loved it. It is really one of the best family films that has come out in a long time. I love the dinosaur

I'm curious. I haven't seen the movie, yet. I have four teenagers, 2 of whom I did not give birth to. I just got an email from a social worker friend who is cautioning all adoptive families to beware of the negetive and supposedly humorous aspects of being adopted depicted in the movie. Apparently, a mother and her two young children were greatly disturbed by the movie's message.

None of you who posted so far even mentioned anything about it. Anyone have any thoughts to share about this issue?

Thanks.

I saw the movie in 2-D last night with my BF, and we both loved it. :thumbsup2 I teared up from both laughing so hard and from the touching ending (especially with the "Keep Moving Forward" quote from Walt!). The theatre we went to didn't offer it in 3-D anymore, but it was still a great movie without the 3-D effects. I'm sure it would have added that extra magic had we seen the 3-D version though. :3dglasses

I really loved the storyline and it has a lot of twists that really add to the movie itself.

I'm curious. I haven't seen the movie, yet. I have four teenagers, 2 of whom I did not give birth to. I just got an email from a social worker friend who is cautioning all adoptive families to beware of the negetive and supposedly humorous aspects of being adopted depicted in the movie. Apparently, a mother and her two young children were greatly disturbed by the movie's message.

None of you who posted so far even mentioned anything about it. Anyone have any thoughts to share about this issue?

Thanks.

After thinking about it, I personally wouldn't say that it's a negative aspect, but they do seem to portray it as a difficult situation while waiting to be adopted. Spoiler (Highlight): He does get adopted by this wonderfully kooky, loving family in the end, so I wouldn't say that it's negative because it all works out and he loves his family. This is just my opinion though! :confused3

However, there is another aspect about the adoptive part. I'll try to tell it without spoiling it really >>There is a little boy who doesn't get adopted and he turns out to not be really nice when he grows up. However, it works out in the end, and he's happy. <<

Maybe the person who thought it was insensitive toward adoption is someone who easily takes offense about that. I read another opinion from an adoptive father, who said he and his children loved the movie and that the other person distorted the movie to argue her point.

Sorry I brought this up on this thread.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter