Meet the Robinsons

Rapunsel

Tinkerbell... mood subject to change without notic
Took my DS5 and a freind to go see it. it is cute, but I admit I snoozed through about 10 minutes of it..

At the beginning was an old Disney cartoon, so that was cool. Also going into the 'future' there was the old rockets and space mountain from the 80's. It was neat.

All in all it was a good movie. At the very end there was a quote from Walt Disney that made me tear up. Don't look back look toward the future. That isn't the exact quote, but along those same lines..

Enjoy!

We just got back from seeing it too. I thought it was cute, my 5 year old seemed a little bored.

We went and saw this last night also! I thought the first half was kind of weird until I saw the end of the movie and then it all came together. I think it is a movie that will be better the second, third and hundred time around. I LOVED the ending and especially the Walt quote! I too had a tear in my eye.:rolleyes1 One thing that was great about the movie is that it kept DD6 and DD3 completely entertained. They have never been so good during a movie! My DH and DDs LOVED the dinosaur part when he is trying to get the little boy and he can't reach him. We were laughing so hard and they talked about it all night!

I heard you're suppose to go just to enjoy the 3-D effects and how much better they are than in the 'olden days' :hippie:

Our theater did not have the 3-D and you could tell that it would have been even better had we had it.

I just watched it with my bf. We saw the 3-D version and it was awesome! I really liked the movie and it did make me teary-eyed at times. popcorn:: You guys should go watch it! I really liked the special effects and Pixar has done it again! :thumbsup2

Did anyone have to pay extra for the 3-D version. Here I think it will cost me $2 extra, but it will be worth it.

However, I won't be able to go this week since I am moving to a new place. Maybe as soon as we are done unpacking, going to see the movie will be our treat. :goodvibes

We just got back from watching it at the El Capitan theater (Hollywood). There was an organist playing Disney tunes before the movie, and then Lewis & Will Robinson came on stage, as well as the two Disneyland ambassadors to welcome us to the show. (Disneyland was treating cast members, and especially the ones with the last name Robinson, like my friends) We then saw the preview for Pirates III, and a 3-D Disney cartoon from the 50's I think. The theater clapped for the preview, and also for the Chip n Dale cartoon. It was so cute!

We all enjoyed the movie Meet the Robinsons, and we must have been a good audience because we were all laughing. (Fun to go to a show that everyone is enjoying) I have to admit that the family is really wacky - but I thought it was a fun storyline (when I finally figured out what was going on). There were two Disney references that we caught. One reference was when they went to the city in the future, and they passed the old Tomorrowland rocket ride - that was cool. Also, there were plant sculptures in the Robinson yard, like what they have at It's a Small World, and one of them resembled Mrs. Potts. I'm glad we went. :)

Did anyone have to pay extra for the 3-D version. Here I think it will cost me $2 extra, but it will be worth it.

I think I paid an extra dollar or two, but it was definitely worth it. I think part of the reason for the extra cost is because you get to keep the 3-D glasses, which are actually made out of pretty sturdy plastic and not cardboard.

Oh, and I really liked the movie, too!

*Brian*

I must be the odd one out because I did not really care for it all that much! I laughed in one part, where the frogs took the hat to the trunk. Other than that, I didn't laugh much and most people here know I laugh at just about everything. My favorite part was the quote at the end, and I did tear up a little but it just didn't do it for me. I was bummed because I was really looking forward to it and I only get out to about 2 movies a year!!

Andrea

I took my DD6, DD4, and a friend 6 to see it in 3D last night. the kids loved it. They are still talking about it, and the friend has talked his mom's ear off about it too. I thought it was cute, predictable, and well animated. The 3D did cost $1.50 more, but it was worth it. Plus as a previous poster mentioned, the kids got the glasses. Also our disney store had a promotion that if you brought in your tickets you could get a free Meet the Robinson kaliedascope. The kids love them too. :goodvibes
so in all, good movie and kids are still talking about it so would deem it huge sucess in our house.

I thought the movie was a good one and my DH and I loved the message of the movie. We have lived that in our own lives. Failure is a good thing. Without the failures of my DH's past businesses we would not be doing as well as are today! Walt, in his day, also experienced failures. (one of the reasons I like Walt's story so much.) Mickey would not have existed if it Oswald the Rabbit hadn't been stolen from him. I had a tear from the quote at the end, too. I will have to see this movie again.

However, I won't be able to go this week since I am moving to a new place. Maybe as soon as we are done unpacking, going to see the movie will be our treat. :goodvibes

I didn't know they charged more. When I bough the tickets it wasn't extra. I paid the same price as the non 3-D version. :3dglasses :confused3

DH and I saw it today at EL Capitan and we both really enjoyed the movie! I must admit that watching it at that particular theater in 3-D made it more of an event than a movie. We both agreed that it was the best Disney movie we have seen in a long time! Loved it!

Okay I am guessing that seeing it in 3-D was the way to go! They weren't offering that here which stinks because it seems like everyone that saw it in 3-D really enjoyed it! I just wish I would have laughed more, it was a nice message but it really wasn't all that funny.

Andrea

We saw it today in 3-D we really enjoyed it. If anyone is a Disney Visa Card holder don't forget to go on line to:

www.DisneyRewards.com/MTR

take the quiz and you can recieve a free soundtrack of the movie. It was available to the first 500 that took the quiz. I did it this afternoon when we got back and was able to get one! There are 8 questions. Some of them seemed hard. Luckily between everyone that went we got them all correct :goodvibes

Edited to add: You can only take the quiz until April 3rd...Hurry!!

We saw it on Friday and I enjoyed it, but I wouldn't consider it one of Disney's best. It was fun and we did see it in 3-D. We had to pay an extra $1.50 for 3-D and got to keep the glasses. I asked someone at the theater if we brought the glasses next time there was 3-D would we not have to pay the extra $1.50 and they had no clue. If not, what is the point of keeping the glasses.

I think it was worth the extra for the 3-D. I loved the quote at the end just like most of you. I loved the reference to Disneyland when they showed "Todayland". In the part where they were going to the future, there was a track that reminded me of the peoplemovers, but the cars were different. Maybe that is what DL needs so that they can bring back the peoplemover and meet current codes.

The cartoon at the beginning was "Working for Peanuts" with Donald Duck & Chip & Dale. I think it is a classic.

I asked someone at the theater if we brought the glasses next time there was 3-D would we not have to pay the extra $1.50 and they had no clue. If not, what is the point of keeping the glasses.

Hmmm... That's a good question. We got a preview of Nightmare Before Christmas coming out in 3-D in October. They did that just a few months ago, and I saw commercials for it here, but it wasn't playing anywhere in Virginia. So, I wonder if I keep my glasses, can I go see NBC in 3-D, but not have to pay for the glasses again? Ours were $2 a piece! :eek:

My Wife and my youngest seen it on Saturday. My wife said it was o.k, slow to start but once it got going it wasn't that bad. My youngest liked it, but said Cars was way better. My Wife said it didn't really have that Disney quality about it.
I still have to go see itaswell as my oldest, maybe this weekend

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!