Meal PLan question

tguz

DIS Veteran
If meal plans come back before our December trip, we want to get the Regular Dining Plan. If I cannot get the table service reservations I want, can I drop down to the Quick Service plan if I am within 30 days of our trip or at that point will the Regular Plan be locked in? Thanks

If meal plans come back before our December trip, we want to get the Regular Dining Plan. If I cannot get the table service reservations I want, can I drop down to the Quick Service plan if I am within 30 days of our trip or at that point will the Regular Plan be locked in? Thanks

I think any changes to the package made after the deadline to cancel will result in a 50 dollar charge, usually they waive the charge if the price increases (like adding a person to a reservation within 30 days).

I think any changes to the package made after the deadline to cancel will result in a 50 dollar charge, usually they waive the charge if the price increases (like adding a person to a reservation within 30 days).
Thanks.

Unless this changes when the dining plans come back....you could always add the dining plan to your package later on, almost right up until your arrival date. ADRs open at 60 days, and you don't need a dining plan to make reservations, so you can see what's available, then add the dining plan that works best for you?

Unless this changes when the dining plans come back....you could always add the dining plan to your package later on, almost right up until your arrival date. ADRs open at 60 days, and you don't need a dining plan to make reservations, so you can see what's available, then add the dining plan that works best for you?
That makes a lot of sense. I will look into that! Thanks.

It won’t be back this year. The contract process takes months in a normal year. January ‘22 would be the earliest it’s back.

I agree with Pumbaa, but in the abstract (taking away the "this year" component of it) jcarwash's advice is sound - if you are unsure about regular (or deluxe) DDP solely because of the possibility of not getting the ADRs you want, go for the ADRs first and then add a dining plan to your package (or not) based on if it works out the way you want.

It won’t be back this year. The contract process takes months in a normal year. January ‘22 would be the earliest it’s back.

I refuse to believe this. It's going to be back before my Christmas trip. I feel it in my bones. I'm putting it out in the universe. I like the dining plan. It's me and my 7 year old son this trip adding in my friend and her 8 year old daughter as well for their first visit ever so we're hoping DP is back.

I refuse to believe this. It's going to be back before my Christmas trip. I feel it in my bones. I'm putting it out in the universe. I like the dining plan. It's me and my 7 year old son this trip adding in my friend and her 8 year old daughter as well for their first visit ever so we're hoping DP is back.

I need it back by September 5th. I’m feeling less than confident.

Based on how prior years have gone w 3rd party contract negotiations going right up to the wire, the negotiations have taken 4-5 months in the past. With a full almost 2 years w/o them, and not knowing how they will change it, and based on not all resorts, shoes nor restaurants are fully open…..

But sure, it will be back real soon :charac2:

In a NORMAL year, the negotiations often go right up to Jan 1 (or even after) for a number of 3rd party restaurants.

Jan 1, 2022 is actually still an aggressive, though still reasonable, re-launch date. There MIGHT be some form of quick service plan available before that, but even if there are no COVID setbacks, I can't see the combination of capacity and negotiations working out before January.

This is exactly what I was thinking. So much easier to upgrage than downgrade. Disney will ALWAYS accept more money from you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter