MDE and ios 13

Having just arrived the one time this constant crashing is a PITA is checking bus times. You have to use the app
Yeah 13.1.2 on an iPhone 11 and MDE did NOT work for me either. It was a real PITA like you said when we were down there last weekend. I deleted it, reintalled ios 13 on a brand new iPhone 11, etc. Nothing works for me either, it's crazy.

The last update did not manage to fix it for me either. Good luck...

AngiTN--I remember a while back your MDE was essentially broken from 'too many magicbands' and you had to get a new account. We actually got scolded at check in at Copper Creek last Friday night. "You have too many magic bands. Your door may not unlock each time due to this, and you'll have to come back." Yeah, Disney IT, it is our fault because we like to visit often and spend money at WDW. :rolleyes1

New MDE update, 5.5.2
I’m crossing my fingers but so far, no crash
Every other update crashed as soon as it opened. This one didn’t. Nor had it crashed after looking at plans, resort details, etc
Maybe just maybe this one got a lot fixed?

Last edited:
I’m having similar issues. I have an iPhone XR running the latest iOS update. When I open the Disney app, the sign in screen comes up and then the app freezes. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app. I have no idea how to fix it.

Last edited:
I’m having similar issues. I have an iPhone e XR running the latest iOS update. When I open the Disney app, the sign in screen comes up and then the app freezes. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app. I have no idea how to fix it.
You have the most recent app update?
I've had no problems since 5.5.2 was released.

Do you have to do something to get the updated app? Mine always seems to update on it's own. What I mean is, from time to time the overall appearance and layout of things changes and it looks fresh and new, also it includes newer elements like the prompt to join a boarding group for RotR. I assume that means I've received an automatic update. Is there a way to check that I actually have 5.5.2? I have a trip coming up and want to prepare beforehand.

Do you have to do something to get the updated app? Mine always seems to update on it's own. What I mean is, from time to time the overall appearance and layout of things changes and it looks fresh and new, also it includes newer elements like the prompt to join a boarding group for RotR. I assume that means I've received an automatic update. Is there a way to check that I actually have 5.5.2? I have a trip coming up and want to prepare beforehand.
You go the the App Store and open the app's page. Sometimes apps update automatically, and sometimes I need to pull down update page and update them myself. No idea why that is. Maybe when I do it manually I just catch it before it updates.
And by the way, the latest is 5.6.0 (I meant that since 5.5.2 was out, I've had no problems.)

Yes, once I delete the app, I download it fresh from the App Store and it downloads the latest version. My son just downloaded it to his phone, works fine. My husband has the same phone as I do, works fine as his. Tried calling Disney, they are no help. I mean, I know I can use my husband phone in the park. But it’s annoying!

You can also go to the website instead. You don't have to use the app

I would also be sure to clear all data associated with the app, see if that helps. Make sure when you delete the app, you use the iPhone Storage option to delete it

Yes, once I delete the app, I download it fresh from the App Store and it downloads the latest version. My son just downloaded it to his phone, works fine. My husband has the same phone as I do, works fine as his. Tried calling Disney, they are no help. I mean, I know I can use my husband phone in the park. But it’s annoying!
@jthornton94 , I noticed above that you have an XR (your post actually says e XR, I don't know what the e is). I've had an XR for several months and it's been doing a lot of weird minor but annoying things. Yesterday I updated to iOS 13.3 and everything seems to be working perfectly now (granted it's only been a day and a half but I use my phone constantly). If you haven't updated yet, I recommend it.

Just updated to the current iOS tonight. I was hoping the was why the app wasn’t working. It hasn’t worked on my phone for weeks.
While you can access some info from the website, you cannot get a boarding group pass for RotR from the website, at least I don’t think so. That is my primary concern.
i have also deleted it from the iPhone storage option, reloaded, and still crashing.

Just updated to the current iOS tonight. I was hoping the was why the app wasn’t working. It hasn’t worked on my phone for weeks.
While you can access some info from the website, you cannot get a boarding group pass for RotR from the website, at least I don’t think so. That is my primary concern.
Yeah, you do need the app for that. It's a valid concern. I hope you find a way to get everything working optimally before your trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter