MCO to BCV - Gear Fusion or other options

brettcw23

DIS Dad #722 Pittsburgh, PA
We have used Mears Connect in recent years but we are arriving on a Saturday this year and don't want to deal with stopping at multiple resorts. We're a family of 4 with 4 carry-ons, a checked suitcase and backpacks. The regular SUV would work just fine for us and no need to stop at the grocery store. Our plane arrives around 7:30AM. Gear Fusion's pricing seems almost too good to be true. One of the other's that I was considering was Away We Go Transportation. Curious if others had a positive experience with Gear Fusion or what others are using for private transportation. TIA!

We just used GearFusion for the first time May 1st. I have always rented a car in the past but after having 2 knee replacements I did not want to deal with any luggage, driving, etc. GearFusion was perfect, on time, great price, (we gave a generous tip!) and met in baggage to assist us with luggage and the vehicle was in pristine condition.

We just used GearFusion for the first time May 1st. I have always rented a car in the past but after having 2 knee replacements I did not want to deal with any luggage, driving, etc. GearFusion was perfect, on time, great price, (we gave a generous tip!) and met in baggage to assist us with luggage and the vehicle was in pristine condition.
Safe driving? Considering them for a Fall trip.

Great to hear. And agree about the luggage loading/unloading!

I was going to book Gear Fusion for one of our trips last year but their website wasn't very user friendly. I gave up. Has it gotten any better?

I used FL tours last month. Price was good and drivers were great both ways. Never felt unsafe like many Uber rides over the years. Also they do a meet and greet in baggage claim. Would highly recommend.

I used FL tours last month. Price was good and drivers were great both ways. Never felt unsafe like many Uber rides over the years. Also they do a meet and greet in baggage claim. Would highly recommend.
Thank you for the recommendation.

I was going to book Gear Fusion for one of our trips last year but their website wasn't very user friendly. I gave up. Has it gotten any better?
I didn't actually book the trip but I didn't have any issues navigating the site.

I’ve used Gear Fusion 3 times now and have a fourth trip booked with them this summer. They are fantastic! Super clean vehicles, safe and friendly drivers. Great communication! I highly recommend them!

How do you tip? Do you pay upfront or can you tip driver in app or something? Or just bring cash?! :D

I tip in cash at both pick up and drop off just in case you get a different driver. Hope this helps!
Yes, thanks!

I emailed them and asked if they could pick up at the Hyatt entrance at MCO since we are staying overnight then going to hotel and they said they can. Just need to put in comment section the entrance and time.

Is it too early to book for a December trip do you think?

Just finished my first bookings and found it fine to navigate.

Is it too early to book for a December trip do you think?
If the computer allows it I don't see why not. I just booked my Nov trip and their payment processor Stripe has already charged my card and I have email confirmations so I think I'm good to go.

Just finished my first bookings and found it fine to navigate.

If the computer allows it I don't see why not. I just booked my Nov trip and their payment processor Stripe has already charged my card and I have email confirmations so I think I'm good to go.

We did it! Got an email that says booking received. I read we won't hear anything again until a couple days before trip, so I know not to panic! 😄

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter