MCO and Sanford transportion to and from Disney?

goofynut41

Disney Veteran
I am deciding which airport to use to get to Disney? Can fly into Sanford cheaper but what about transportation? Always used Mco because of Magical express but now thats gone. Whats the best option?

Depends on what you want for your money. Shared shuttle like Mears or the Flyer Express thing are cheaper per person, but take longer because they stop multiple places. Larger groups of more than one or two are just as well off with hiring a towncar or van that goes directly to the resort, or a rideshare service like Uber/Lyft for 3-4 passengers (they do larger parties but it costs more, and dynamic pricing may mean you pay more than you want to). There's apparently a whole other consideration if you need car seats for children. That's for MCO, no idea what is available in Sanford.

Depends on what you want for your money. Shared shuttle like Mears or the Flyer Express thing are cheaper per person, but take longer because they stop multiple places. Larger groups of more than one or two are just as well off with hiring a towncar or van that goes directly to the resort, or a rideshare service like Uber/Lyft for 3-4 passengers (they do larger parties but it costs more, and dynamic pricing may mean you pay more than you want to). There's apparently a whole other consideration if you need car seats for children. That's for MCO, no idea what is available in Sanford.
Its just myself so probably a towncar is my bet....

Mears Express $32 round trip from MCO to WDW resorts. I always use it as a solo traveler. Doesn't apply to Sanford. Remember it's shared and you will probably stop at other resorts. Uber/Lyft can be anything from around $40 to over $100 (one way) depending on dynamic pricing

I strongly recommend flying into MCO.. Any airfare cost savings flying to Sanford will be off-set and perhaps even exceeded with ground transportation costs, Sanford is over an hour from Disney and transportation options are limited, an Uber/Lfyt/Towncar/etc. will cost you an arm and a leg.. IMHO not worth it.. Flying into MCO is much easier and there are easy and affordable options to get from MCO to WDW such as as Mears Connect.

There have been several recent threads on this topic. Apparently some people booked flights either without realizing how far away Sanford would be and/or the extra cost of transportation. Good that you are considering that before making airline reservations. MCO is clearly closer to Disney and has far more people using the various transportation options. I would be sure to check pricing/timing/etc. before buying what appears to be a cheaper airline ticket.

Likely you would use up that savings as well as a LOT of extra travel time using Sanford.

Towncar is $200 or more what is Mears price?
Mears can do private car service to/from Sanford but not Mears Connect. We charge $160 each way, no matter if it’s a town car, SUV, or van. You are much, much better off flying into MCO if you’re looking to save money on transportation. For a party of 1, the most cost effective options are Mears Connect ($32 round trip) or Sunshine Flyer ($34 round trip). A town car, no matter the company, is going to cost around $200 round trip.

I have been reading throughout the forums regarding this issue. So far every $ amount seems viable. I keep hearing travel will deflate the cost of the Air ticket from MCO vs SFB . to many variable factors to say that this statement is true. I can tell you right now i have a few options to fly from CANADA to MCO at example: $2100 CDN and cheaper flight I found goes to SFB for $1000 CDN. so now the math starts :

CDN - MCO = 2100 Plus (just plannned on using Magic bus thingy) +$100 2200
CDN - SFB = 1000 (still searching but have a budget change of $1200)

Now the goal is to NOT eat ALL of the savings ( but really if i cant get a family of 3- 50 miles in the US for under $1200) something is amish :) and realistically if the transport even comes close that i start see a benefit for just flying to MCO I would go that route. SO the goal isnt to be AS cheap as possible but fairly realistic as the saving from flight is our (on top of $) extra extra .

rental car an option just havent looked into but milage day rate + parking i feel this saving could get eaten up pretty fast. at $25 parking wdw at 7 days thats 175 + fuel( no idea) + milage 50+50 miles to from / and any incidental milage added to from resort to park etc. THEN: Still have to navigate tolls roads directions etc for an hour Im safely saying its an easy $300-400. If i can get a transport of any kind where we can just sit back and look at surroundings and enjoy rest I would be more inclined to that.

* the wdw planning , I tell you , NEVER ENDS you find that GREAT deal on flight then have to switch and manouver stuff. But thats what its all about pretty sure by the time the FUN begins dads going to need a golf day and send the girls to BibBB and let them have a day to them selves. :( :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter