Mazatlan, Mexico

My mom and I recently returned from our 3 week trip to the west coast. We spent four days at Disneyland at the Grand Californian before going on the June 18th to 25th cruise. We were very fortunate to have the opportunity to tour with Frank on June 22nd. Since we were the only Disney Magic passengers to tour with Frank, we were joined by a family from Colorado who were cruising on the Carnival Pride.

It was a great tour for many reasons. As stated in earlier posts, Frank's command of the English language is wonderful. He provided a great amount of information about Mazatlan and the surrounding countryside. We visited a tile factory, a bakery, and the wonderful town of Copala where we had a delicious Mexican lunch with banana cream pie. Upon returning to Mazatalan, Frank took us on a short tour of the city which included seeing a cliff diver. Frank made certain that we returned in plenty of time for the 5:00 p.m. ship departure.

I would highly recommend touring with Frank. He was very accommodating with my 75 year old mother.

HockeyHeather

I believe in Bowling Green State University Falcon Hockey!!!

Gracias amiga
I thank you and want to say that it was a true pleasure meeting you and your mother. I am happy that you are back home and everything is well. Have a great summer! Hope to see you again!

Mazatlan Frank

We just have the Magic coming in for a few more weeks, so, if you have questions before you come, please ask! Have a great week!

Mazatlan Frank

We will be coming in on the Disney Magic. If we wanted a tour of the city, lunch at Tony's and then some time at the beach or a hotel pool could you help arrange this. You can email me at lumrentals@sbcglobal.net information. We have a party of 8 adults two children and two infants under the age of 2. Please let me know. Meet at say about 10:30 am???

I emailed you amigos. I hope that I can help you.
Have a nice evening.

Mazatlan Frank

We just got back from the July 2 Disney Magic. It was me, DH, DD10, DD6, DH's sister, her DH, her DS14, her DD9, and her DD4---We did a city and beach tour with Frank and that was the best decision we ever made. He is absolutely wonderful. He is very knowledgeable about the history of the city, the people and the sights. He is very funny too. He took us around in a very comfortable, air-conditioned, clean and reliable full-size van. He showed us nice hilltop views of the city, the cliff diver, the boardwalk, old town (very beautiful architecture), the Cathedral, the Golden Zone, Tony's by the beach, El Cid compound, etc etc. He even went above and beyond his duty to help DHs nephew when he lost his retainers at the restaurant. We 'll have Clarissa tell you the story when she gets back to Canada (they should be on their way back now).

The best thing about Frank is that he is not only able to but is very willing to customize a trip for you. He gave us lots of tips about shopping and bargaining prices with the vendors. He also gave DH tips on tequila (and BTW, Frank he was able to buy one in Cabo San Lucas). The lunch at Tony's was "to die for", particularly the Imperial Platter.....lobster and shrimp, anyone?

He made sure we were back at the port with time to spare. That was definitely one of the highlights of our trip to Mexico.

:thewave:

Wow, thanks for the great review. We are doing the City/Beach tour with Frank during the July 23rd cruise and it is so nice to read all these great comments.

Frank,we are so looking forward to visiting your city and seeing the sights with you!! :Pinkbounc

Mary :flower:

I'm still waiting for someone to have the chance to stay at Frank's Bed & Breakfast!!! :rotfl2: I would love to see a review of that. I guess Frank has gotten everyone back to the ship on time and nobody has ever had the honor of staying there.

Alohatee- you'll love Frank...every Sat. DH and I tell each other one more ship is leaving San Pedro today.

Cruzings - Thank you so much for the nice review. It was a true pleasure meeting all of you and I am so happy that they found his retainers. I hope he does not lose them again and this was a lesson to be careful.

atakaratemom-alohatee/ looking forward in meeting you also!

lkohawaii I am waiting for my first guests but no one wants to stay! hahahaaha :rotfl2: For those who do not know, this is a little joke that we have for those who miss the ship. But I make sure that no one I meet misses the ship, I guarentee it! hahaha.
Have a great day!

Mazatlan Frank

Mazatlan Frank: What are the menus and entertainment at the B & B? Must have air conditioner or equivalent.....it is hitting triple digits here in Southern Cal. :sunny: Power fans on full blast :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

We have natural air conditioning with a great warm breeze! The bed is very large (floor) and hard. hahahaha But people will love it! :love: Would you like to stay? hahahaha, Guess not!

See you, have fun!

Mazatlan Frank

uummm in that case Frank you better have us back to the boat in plenty of time. hahaha I wouldn't be able to get up off the floor! Us old people and our backs! although I'm not that old just have a bad back. :rolleyes:
Looking forward to next week.
See you then.
Michele :cool1:

mgm61 said:
uummm in that case Frank you better have us back to the boat in plenty of time. hahaha I wouldn't be able to get up off the floor! Us old people and our backs! although I'm not that old just have a bad back. :rolleyes:
Looking forward to next week.
See you then.
Michele :cool1:

C'mon someone. I was not fortunate enough to stay at Frank's B & B (got back to the ship in too much time to even think about missing it....even got the honor of meeting Frank's mom). I'm really waiting for a trip report on the experience. There's only a few more weeks for us DIS'ers to have the opportunity. Frank...won't you please let someone take you up on the offer. I guess if nobody here takes up your offer I'll have to go over to cruise critic and beg there.

Alohatee- if you took Frank up on it you could teach him to make Spam Musubi's.

I think that it would be nice to have some one here staying at home. We have had a great time when I have brought some friends home for dinner. The only problem with those coming on the ship is that they all have very little time here. But, if you come down some day with more time we can have a nice meal! I would even cook! I promise that you will not get montezumas revenge, hahahahaha :rotfl2:
Well, we will see what happens. Maybe if one of these days I win the lottery, then I can really open the bed and breakfast. Who knows :confused3 , everything is possible!

Have a great evening!

Mazatlan Frank

lkohawaii said:
C'mon someone..............

Alohatee- if you took Frank up on it you could teach him to make Spam Musubi's.

lkohawaii - I am prepared just in case the itinerary changes that Mazatlan Frank B & B may be the place -------I am bringing my own supply of spam, wrap and maybe calrose rice. :rotfl:

alohatee said:

lkohawaii - I am prepared just in case the itinerary changes that Mazatlan Frank B & B may be the place -------I am bringing my own supply of spam, wrap and maybe calrose rice. :rotfl:

which room did you say you were in Arlene? have to tell my boys that there are spam musubis on board! :flower:

I am getting too hungry and I am going to quit the diet, this food sounds soooo good! mmmm!

See you all soon!

Mazatlan Frank

rsjj said:
which room did you say you were in Arlene? have to tell my boys that there are spam musubis on board! :flower:

Hi Susie:

Just tell your boys to go to deck 6 and follow their noses and bring their appetite......... :rotfl2:

lkohawaii: wish you were on this cruise :flower:...we would be starting a new dining sensation..."SPAM MUSUBI R US" :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I might not be able to answer questions for a few days, because I am going on a trip to Guadalajara. I leave tomorrow, Friday and will be back on Monday. I hope you don´t miss me too much, but I will miss all of you. Have fun all of you out there!

Mazatlan Frank

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter