"Maybe We Should Go To Disney World Next Week" An Impromptu May DR *COMPLETE*

Wow that burger at Rose n crown looks AWESOME!!!! You had it at egg but then you said fried pickle. Hamburger heaven!

Joining in late but I am loving your food reviews!!!!

Thanks so much for joining in! :goodvibes

Happy belated Birthday !!! Love your cake, love your plate & cups and love your balloon ... Your husband did a great job : )
I was see those food challenges on TV and amazed when they eat it all. Your husband actually did a pretty good job wow!
Still catching up after our Disneyland trip ...

Thanks so much for the birthday wishes! He did good! I think I'll keep him. :laughing:

I was really stunned by how much he ate. It was definitely impressive. We all thought for sure he was going to finish, but he slowed waaaaay down in the final two minutes.

Your burger looks glorious, Jeri!!! :cloud9: Now I have to figure out where I can fit in lunch at the R & C during my October trip. :laughing:

It was definitely amazing! It's too hard to fit everything in! I need to stop reading DRs because I change my mind on where I want to eat every 5 minutes. :laughing:

Jeri, just joining in! You do the best reviews I must say. Kinda of sad its almost over! When is your next trip planned? We go back in three months! I'm going to guess your last meal.....WPE? And a movie....then icecream! Lol. Can't wait to see! popcorn::

Hey there! Thanks so much! I'm sad it's almost over too. However, another DR will be up and running before too long. Our trip is a mere 40 days away! Can't wait! Awesome guess! You have part of it right! Final dinner review coming right up. :thumbsup2

Wow that burger at Rose n crown looks AWESOME!!!! You had it at egg but then you said fried pickle. Hamburger heaven!

Hamburger heaven is right! It was so delicious! Does it get any better than a fried pickle? I think not. :thumbsup2

As we soaked in the pool we tried to decide on where to eat dinner. I wanted to do more of a sit down meal at one of the hotels, but Rob wanted to have an evening at DTD. I was worried about it being crowded on a Sunday night and we were out of movies to see, but Rob was insistent, so DTD it is.

We started off at one of our favorite drink spots. The Margarita Bar along the water in the Marketplace.

Rob LOVES the Rum Runner here. Bacardi Superior Rum, Blackberry Brandy, Banana Liquer and a float of Bacardi 151. That's a lot of booze in one drink.

I really love their Wildberry Margarita. 1800 Silver Tequilla, Monin Wildberry, Lime Juice and Sweet and Sour.

When I have had this in the past they sugared the rim, but they didn't this time. That made a HUGE difference. This drink was so bitter without the sugar to cut that bitterness a little bit. Next time I will make certain they sugar the rim of the cup.

Drinks in hand, we strolled around DTD deciding on where to eat. We couldn't come to an agreement. Rob didn't really know what he wanted. It was CRAZY packed that night and all of the construction walls up every where you looked made it seem even more packed and was making me a little claustrophobic to be honest.

After a walk over to the West Side and back we finally came to a decision on dinner. If you know me, you know where we went.

Our last dinner of the trip was WPE of course! It was pretty crowded inside, but we didn't have to wait too long to order. We got our food to go. After a fairly short wait we had our bag of food in hand and headed out to the bus stop. We had a bad encounter with a very rude and pushy man there, but once we were finally on the bus we put him out of our mind. It was a very long bus ride thanks to terrible traffic and a long stop at the West Side location, but after awhile we were finally back at CBR. We stopped at Old Port Royale for drinks and caught some of the Star Wars fireworks that you could see from the resort as we were waking back to the room.

Finally we were back at the room and ready for another room picnic. Rob had the Pepperoni and Mushroom Pizza.

Yum! He loved it. I forgot that we had split one of these before and that it was amazing. I should have had this as well. But not to worry! Mine was equally delicious!

I had the Four Cheese Pesto Pizza. Mozzarella, Fontina, Parmesan, Goat Cheese, Fresh & Sun-Dried Tomatoes.

I love this pizza! The sun-dried tomatoes really put this pizza over the top. Always a favorite. I can never go wrong with this.

I got dessert as well. Vanilla Bean Cheesecake.

This cheesecake is second only to the almond crusted cheesecake at Narcoossee. I love this cheesecake! The burnt sugar coated top is amazing. It was so creamy and flavorful. I highly recommend it.

Shortly after we finished our meal we called it a night. Time for our final sleep in Disney before we sadly have to say goodbye to our favorite place once again.

I'm also enjoying this report. Maybe next time I'm in an airport with WPE, I'll try a pizza. Thanks!

Hi Jeri,
I got it! The WPE! And I bet if you ate there you would have gone for icecream!! Lol. I would have guessed the meatloaf sandwich though.... I must try that our next trip thanks to you. We go November 1st and have free dining, which means alot of food. I'll get to read your upcoming review before we go! I'll look for you on instagram. Can't wait till you go again to read your great reviews. Enjoy your summer! Alicia:beach:

This is the third time and. Second day I've tried to post to your last report and it won't go through (( dumb dumb iPad ) But anyways I'll try again lol
You writing that the cheesecake is a close second to Narcoossee's almond cheesecake is saying a lot ... For sure I'll be giving that yummy cheesecake a try : ) And your amazing looking pizza is definitely my kind of pizza with pesto double Yum! You last day at WDW can't wait to read where the day takes you adorable couple!
Any new trips planned? It sure helps if you have one in the works to help you with disney bubble withdrawals

All caught up! R&C looks sooo good. I have only been to the bar, but want to try it one of these days. I agree on the pizza at WPE it's fantastic. I also love their meatloaf. We will be returning to use our dining credits there in Dec!!

looking forward to "living vicariously" thru your next report - great photos again!

Thanks so much for joining in! :goodvibes

Thanks so much for the birthday wishes! He did good! I think I'll keep him. :laughing:

I was really stunned by how much he ate. It was definitely impressive. We all thought for sure he was going to finish, but he slowed waaaaay down in the final two minutes.

It was definitely amazing! It's too hard to fit everything in! I need to stop reading DRs because I change my mind on where I want to eat every 5 minutes. :laughing:

Hey there! Thanks so much! I'm sad it's almost over too. However, another DR will be up and running before too long. Our trip is a mere 40 days away! Can't wait! Awesome guess! You have part of it right! Final dinner review coming right up. :thumbsup2

Hamburger heaven is right! It was so delicious! Does it get any better than a fried pickle? I think not. :thumbsup2

I love reading your reviews - I'm always sad when they are over! You guys are adorable. Also I just realized we will be in WDW at the same time in September - can't wait!

Mmm margaritas and pizza, sounds like a good last night to me. Your pizza looks awesome. Never done pizza at wpe, only the regular cafe, but that looked almost the same and I'm guessing for less cost.

Hopefully you go out on a great food note...

I didn't visit DTD on this past trip - the heat and construction kept me away (so I missed out on WPE and Ghirardelli). :worried: Those places will be on my list for next time - your reviews have definitely persuaded me!

I'm also enjoying this report. Maybe next time I'm in an airport with WPE, I'll try a pizza. Thanks!

HIGHLY recommend their pizza! It's amazing. And seeing how airport food is usually junk, this would be an awesome alternative.

Hi Jeri,
I got it! The WPE! And I bet if you ate there you would have gone for icecream!! Lol. I would have guessed the meatloaf sandwich though.... I must try that our next trip thanks to you. We go November 1st and have free dining, which means alot of food. I'll get to read your upcoming review before we go! I'll look for you on instagram. Can't wait till you go again to read your great reviews. Enjoy your summer! Alicia:beach:

You got it! You know me well. :laughing: That's awesome that you get to do free dining. Definitely keep up with me on Instagram. I'll certainly be posting a ton of pictures and video throughout my September trip. :thumbsup2

Yum! Great reviews--so sad that you're leaving, so glad you're going back!

Thanks! Looking forward to being back there next month. It can't get here soon enough!

This is the third time and. Second day I've tried to post to your last report and it won't go through (( dumb dumb iPad ) But anyways I'll try again lol
You writing that the cheesecake is a close second to Narcoossee's almond cheesecake is saying a lot ... For sure I'll be giving that yummy cheesecake a try : ) And your amazing looking pizza is definitely my kind of pizza with pesto double Yum! You last day at WDW can't wait to read where the day takes you adorable couple!
Any new trips planned? It sure helps if you have one in the works to help you with disney bubble withdrawals

Stupid iPad. :laughing: You should definitely try their cheesecake. It's crazy delicious. The pizza is the best too.

We will be back in September from the 13th-20th. I can't wait! I was messing around changing plans around this morning. I have 4 new places booked to try this trip. Plus of course Trail's End and a few other favorites.

All caught up! R&C looks sooo good. I have only been to the bar, but want to try it one of these days. I agree on the pizza at WPE it's fantastic. I also love their meatloaf. We will be returning to use our dining credits there in Dec!!

R&C is definitely a favorite. Every meal I have had there has been terrific! WPE meatloaf is awesome! I haven't had it in awhile but I do really love it. Maybe I'll switch things up for September.

Ooooooo, your pizza looks delish!! Anything w/ pesto, sign me up for it.. haha.

The pizza is fantastic! You can't really go wrong with any of the ones they have there. :thumbsup2

looking forward to "living vicariously" thru your next report - great photos again!

Thank you! It's coming up so, so soon. I am so excited for our food plans this trip. It should be another great report!

I love reading your reviews - I'm always sad when they are over! You guys are adorable. Also I just realized we will be in WDW at the same time in September - can't wait!

Thank you so much!:goodvibes That's awesome! If you see me make sure to stop and say hi! :wave2:

Mmm margaritas and pizza, sounds like a good last night to me. Your pizza looks awesome. Never done pizza at wpe, only the regular cafe, but that looked almost the same and I'm guessing for less cost.

Hopefully you go out on a great food note...

Margaritas and pizza and pretty much perfection. I definitely prefer WPE to the Cafe. It is cheaper and the food is either the same or better in my opinion.

Spoiler alert: We totally go out on a great note. :thumbsup2

I didn't visit DTD on this past trip - the heat and construction kept me away (so I missed out on WPE and Ghirardelli). :worried: Those places will be on my list for next time - your reviews have definitely persuaded me!

I hope you make it to WPE and Ghirardelli on your next Florida trip! DTD isn't exactly a lot of fun in the heat. Factor in the crowds and construction and I can't say I blame you for staying away. I think I might not be there as much this coming trip either, but we'll see. I can't stay away from WPE and the movie theater. :laughing:

Oh no! Last day! :sad1:

We were up bright and early and packed everything up and loaded it into the car. Once the car was packed up I drove us over to AKL Jambo House.

That's right. It's breakfast at Boma!

We loved our breakfast here last trip, so we decided to book it as our final day breakfast stop this trip as well.

Here is a shot looking down onto Boma from the stairs.

And from downstairs at the check in desk.

We were seated immediately and the guy who sat us was so funny and sweet! He was here in Florida on the college program and was telling us how much he missed Africa and was excited to be headed home soon. He said he missed his sister doing his laundry and his shopping for him too. :laughing: He also said it was too hot in Florida for him which I thought was pretty funny. He chatted with us for awhile until our server came over. Our server was great too. She was right there with coffee and juice refills the entire time and she was super friendly.

Here is their fabulous Jungle Juice. It is an orange, passion fruit, guava mixture. We love it!

Here I am. Ready for the buffet and dressed for comfort for the long ride home.

The buffet here is pretty huge and has a lot of choices. There is a fabulous carving station, lots of pastries and traditional breakfast items along with some items with more of an African flare.

Here is Rob's first plate.

Starting from the top and working clockwise he has corned beef hash, ham with mustard sauce, turkey, sausage, bacon, breakfast potatoes, eggs with goat cheese and a sticky bun.

He loved everything! He really enjoys the ham with mustard sauce here.

Here is my first plate.

Starting at the top and going clockwise I had ham, a scone, bacon, an apple pocket, breakfast potatoes, chocolate chip pancakes and french toast bread pudding with pecan praline sauce.

Everything was amazing! The ham here is fantastic and I love all of their pastry selections. The french toast bread pudding here was great and I really enjoyed the pancakes. I was disappointed they didn't have the M&M kind this time, but these were even better.

We both went back for a second plate. Somehow I missed a picture of Rob's plate, but here is mine.

I had a blueberry muffin, chocolate chip pancakes, a Mickey waffle, ham and turkey from the carving station.

The turkey was beyond amazing! It was so moist and had such great flavor throughout the meat, which is hard to accomplish. I will be heavily focusing on the carving station next time. :laughing:

This was an absolutely perfect end to the trip and our Disney dining. Great food and great service and the location is fabulous. It's such a beautiful hotel. It's very hard to leave. But unfortunately we had to. Now it's time for one final report from the road before this DR comes to an end.

Last time we made the mistake of not eating until we got home, so this time I made sure we stopped in the late afternoon to get enough food to get us home without empty bellies. I was on the lookout for Panera Bread or Chick-Fil-A and as luck would have it, we happened upon a Chick-Fil-A when we were ready for a gas stop. Fuel for the car and ourselves. :thumbsup2

Rob tore into his chicken sandwich before I got the camera out. Sorry! I had the Chicken nuggets.

OMG! These are the best chicken nuggets ever! If you have never had Chick-Fil-A, you are missing out!

I also got my favorite dipping sauce. Polynesian Sauce!

I also had their super yummy waffle fries.

I got a huge box of the nuggets, so I was able to munch on them throughout the ride. We didn't have to stop again or get anything else when we got home. This stop along with Boma was plenty.

Oh no! I'm so sad this DR is over.

On the bright side, my next trip is just a little more than a month away. here's what we have booked so far:
-Jiko
-Boma
-Afternoon Tea at Grand Floridian
-Flying Fish
-Trail's End breakfast and dinner
-Plaza
-50s Prime Time
-Crystal Palace breakfast
-ESPN Club for Monday Night Football
-Cape May Cafe dinner

I'm sure some of that will change, but there are some of the plans for now. Plus we will be there for the first day of F&W, so there will be lots of that too. Come find me again next month for another dining adventure! :woohoo: Thank you all so much for reading and commenting! You guys are the best!

Jeri,

I am hoping you will do another review/report because I love reading yours. Your list looks good and I would love to hear your reviews of them. I really love the nuggets from CFA! Great report, just sad it's over!

Love your reviews! Goodness, you have convinced me that we should try Boma! We just don't have enough mornings though :/

Loved this report! Can't wait for another one. Just booked to go back in January and can't wait. It was really great following along.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter