Maybe I'm crazy...

MamaBelle4

DIS Veteran
My parents have found themselves in a predicament. They've lived in the same home for 30 years. They wanted to buy it but there is significant foundation issues that won't pass a home inspection from the V.A.

They got a call from the landlord on Thursday saying that he has some investors he wants to sell it to as is and they either need to buy it or get out within 60 days (well, he can't do that because according to their lease, it automatically renews every October for a year and they've done nothing to violate it). They're, understandably upset, and trying to figure out what to do. My siblings and I are trying to help them figure it out.

Let me preface the following by saying that I believe in signs and fate and whatnot.

I was taking a walk with my sister and my youngest kids today while at my parents' house (DH was helping them to figure out if they could do anything with the foundation), and we saw a male and female cardinal. Then driving back to my parents' home from picking up my oldest kids from school, there was a double rainbow in the sky.

On our way home this evening, I was looking at home listings in case they aren't able to save the foundation and one caught my eye. I knew almost instantly it was my grandfather's (he passed in 1997 when I was 11). I called to confirm the address and sure enough that was it.

I feel like I'm crazy but I can't help feeling it's a sign. I know it sounds insane, I think I'm just shocked that I was able to recognize the property. The house isn't pictured, just the long driveway.

My parents have found themselves in a predicament. They've lived in the same home for 30 years. They wanted to buy it but there is significant foundation issues that won't pass a home inspection from the V.A.

They got a call from the landlord on Thursday saying that he has some investors he wants to sell it to as is and they either need to buy it or get out within 60 days (well, he can't do that because according to their lease, it automatically renews every October for a year and they've done nothing to violate it). They're, understandably upset, and trying to figure out what to do. My siblings and I are trying to help them figure it out.

Let me preface the following by saying that I believe in signs and fate and whatnot.

I was taking a walk with my sister and my youngest kids today while at my parents' house (DH was helping them to figure out if they could do anything with the foundation), and we saw a male and female cardinal. Then driving back to my parents' home from picking up my oldest kids from school, there was a double rainbow in the sky.

On our way home this evening, I was looking at home listings in case they aren't able to save the foundation and one caught my eye. I knew almost instantly it was my grandfather's (he passed in 1997 when I was 11). I called to confirm the address and sure enough that was it.

I feel like I'm crazy but I can't help feeling it's a sign. I know it sounds insane, I think I'm just shocked that I was able to recognize the property. The house isn't pictured, just the long driveway.

I think you should call and inquire about it. I think that would be wonderful if they were able to get it!

At some point in life, we become the parent and our parents become the kids, got to watch them, your title put this in my mind

Just make sure they cant sell if under a lease. Here in nj its common to do that, and that breaks the lease. So be prepared to have them move.

And the rest is a good sign, go with your gut! Its hard to change, but sometimes its for the better!
Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter