May I vent about passporter for a minute?

scrapperkimmydee

Mouseketeer
i want the old passporter back. I LOVED having it when I cruised 10 years ago. But now they don't offer the pages anymore. I spent WAY too much time printing the pages out, double sided. Now I'm trying to punch holes in them. I don't have a holenpunch to Match the binder. This is a huge hassle. I'd much rather pay money to have the pages shipped to me, ready to go.

Venting over.
Thank you.

They still have the books if that is what you're looking for. I just bought it on Amazon. It's scheduled to be out June 20.

Disney experts put together a bundle of info for the different parks and cruise line.

They have a binder with pocket pages and all kinds of info. You can put all your trip info in it, ticket stubs, journal stuff about each day, highlight and flag the info you want to refer back to again. So great!!

Now it's all online. You can buy the binder, but they don't sell the inserts that give you all the information. You have to either use it all online, download it to your device, or print it out and bind it yourself or put it into the binder.

We like to be able to read and highlight things and not be plugged into something all the time. So doing this myself has taken a huge amount of time. But it's done. It's not pretty, by any means, but it's done.

Wow, that's rotten. I have two binders because I liked to keep one for DLR and one for WDW or DCL. What a waste.

So if you can print the pages out why not send it to FedEx Office. Have them double sided print the thing and then punch it where it needs to go or Bind it

1 copy through them is relatively cheap

They still have the books if that is what you're looking for. I just bought it on Amazon. It's scheduled to be out June 20.
Amazon is pulling that number out of their hat. There's NO new edition of the book. I asked Jennifer (the author) directly. It's all the Passporter Live now.

I'd cancel that order. You're never getting the book.

Last edited:
And the Passporter Live book doesn't render properly when it converts to pdf to read on a tablet. It's full of non-printable characters. Talked to Jennifer about that, too.

So if you can print the pages out why not send it to FedEx Office. Have them double sided print the thing and then punch it where it needs to go or Bind it

1 copy through them is relatively cheap

In order to read the Passporter Live you have to log in with your username and password. Can they do that?

There are no current versions of any Passporter guide in print, though it is possible to purchase older versions as a print edition. I have no idea why Amazon is showing "release dates" for the Passporter DCL guide, as Passporter has decided it was too expensive to have print editions and is only offering the latest versions online or as .pdf via their own website. The DCL guide has not traditionally been updated on an annual basis like the WDW guide, but it does now appear they have a 2017 version available "Live!" online. I'd assume it is easier to update specific parts online in a more timely manner.

If you want an print edition, the older version (I believe it came out 2 years ago) is likely still mostly accurate.

Enjoy your cruise!

Amazon is pulling that number out of their hat. There's NO new edition of the book. I asked Jennifer (the author) directly. It's all the Passporter Live now.

Amazon doesn't make up dates. At some point that info was tranmitted to them by the publisher. It's automatic and it's not randomly just fine by Amazon. Promise. :) Best to contact Jen to let her know they need to have their publisher contact Amazon to have it taken down.

The hole punch for the binders is weird and while I was often willing to pay for new paper refills, the info isn't that great that I'm going to go to a copy center and then figure out how to punch it all. Money lost imo. I cannot learn from digital sources like I can from paper. Just a holder for passpockets now I suppose.

For those worried about hole punching....here you go

https://www.amazon.com/Rapesco-Adju...=1494791382&sr=8-1&keywords=6+ring+hole+punch
$12.99 once and you can print them at a copy center for professional look each year/trip

If you want to save yourself the "hassle" of going to a copy center, and spending $12.99 for a hole punch, then this $12.99 deal is for you, its currently on sale for $5.89
https://www.amazon.com/Refillable-P...F8&qid=1494791490&sr=8-4&keywords=diary+paper

Stuff these in your printer, set the right paper size and print away in the comfort of your own home.

Either way, if you really want a physical copy to hold and write on, you have your options, its just up to you on what you want to do

Amazon doesn't make up dates. At some point that info was tranmitted to them by the publisher. It's automatic and it's not randomly just fine by Amazon. Promise. :)

The only reason I'll disagree with you on this is that Amazon has had a book publication date in a book that was contracted almost 20 years ago, but that the author admits she hasn't even begin to write. (Melanie Rawn's third book in her Exiles series).

ETA: I went and looked -- they've taken the date down now. But they used to regularly update the publication date, and we'd all get excited because maybe NOW the trilogy would be finished? Nope...)

Last edited:

Hmmm, that's weird. It was offered at a Barnes and Nobles also with the same date, but I went with the cheaper one. I guess I won't be reading Passporter anymore. Sad, I really enjoyed it ☹️

For those worried about hole punching....here you go

https://www.amazon.com/Rapesco-Adju...=1494791382&sr=8-1&keywords=6+ring+hole+punch
$12.99 once and you can print them at a copy center for professional look each year/trip

If you want to save yourself the "hassle" of going to a copy center, and spending $12.99 for a hole punch, then this $12.99 deal is for you, its currently on sale for $5.89
https://www.amazon.com/Refillable-P...F8&qid=1494791490&sr=8-4&keywords=diary+paper

Stuff these in your printer, set the right paper size and print away in the comfort of your own home.

Either way, if you really want a physical copy to hold and write on, you have your options, its just up to you on what you want to do
oooo...wish I'd known that before I chopped up may paper and struggled my way through punching holes. But it's in my cart in case I need it in the future.

And we know this is the right kind for sure? I was hoping to use my Franklin planner binder, but the holes are in the wrong spots.

oooo...wish I'd known that before I chopped up may paper and struggled my way through punching holes. But it's in my cart in case I need it in the future.

And we know this is the right kind for sure? I was hoping to use my Franklin planner binder, but the holes are in the wrong spots.
We don't know for sure but it's free shipping returns for Amazon if it doesn't work

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter